Nvidia says Xbox One and PlayStation 4 are great news for gaming PCs

I dunno we are about to hit another generation gap where if game makers want to make absolutely the best looking games possible they will want it on 4k, and consoles are damn sure not going to be pushing that. Previous generation consoles fell into a reasonably safe new 1080p market.

Though after years, it wasn't really 1080p. Not even 720p for most games. In fact Black Ops II is rendered at a resolution below the Retina display at 30 or less FPS.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

lol wut? I find it funny that speed test says: "Slower than 93% of GB" just to make you feel even worse! xD I feel you man, I once had 3G internet and it was worse than that.

3eXcQ.png that is my 3g wifi dongle but the data  costs loads and it has a very unstable ping.

Cpu: I5 3570k @ 4.3ghz Gpu: EVGA GTX 780 FTW edition Case: Corsair 300R​ Ram: 8GB Corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Motherboard: ASUS P8-Z77 V-LX Keyboard: Corsair k50 raptor  Mouse: Razer naga 2012 edition OS: Windows 8.1

Meanwhile in the 240p land of my house 2771536471.png

B*tch please! Our's is a little slower in the third world. This is my connection that I've used day to day that's why I never stop complaining about the XBOne. They don't know the horror of the connection in the third world.

2772015323.png

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

3eXcQ.png that is my 3g wifi dongle but the data  costs loads and it has a very unstable ping.

Well, that's not as slow as mine was. Still, if that is the best you can get were you live in that is really sad. The UK isn't that big as well, compared to Canada and the US for example, so there should be no excuse...

I would agree with you about the US (large country, crappy infrastructure), but the UK (small country, good infrastructure)?

If you can stream 720p in real-time (without buffering), you can stream games since that's basically all it would be (from my understanding of it at least). I can stream 1080p with a 375KB/s download speed (barely), so I think 720p should be easy.

@JAKEBAB,

While 1080p is easy to stream, I completely doubt the infrastructure for even modern countries could handle streaming 4K. That's at least 1.25 MB/s download speeds (at the VERY least) which is 10 Mb/s which I can't have where I live (Texas).

well i have 20mb down and that is in most places in australia and i think its crap i wish i had 100mb down or 1gb down which i will hopfully have in a couple years.

well i have 20mb down and that is in most places in australia and i think its crap i wish i had 100mb down or 1gb down which i will hopfully have in a couple years.

375KB/s is just 3 Megabits/s.

It's .. horrible. So horrible.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I'm confused. You're making it sound like in two years, consoles will do better than PC.

no, consoles in 2 years time will pull down graphics cause they cant keep up, thus pulling down pc cause game developers are restricted again slowing graphics progress

Character artist in the Games industry.

no, consoles in 2 years time will pull down graphics cause they cant keep up, thus pulling down pc cause game developers are restricted again slowing graphics progress

Worst of all, those consoles may have a 10yr. lifetime which is the worst situation we could imagine. Last-gen consoles have 7yrs. lifetime. I wish this wouldn't happened.

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)