Benq xl2420t colors

pareshtiwari

I have seen so many posts regarding the bad color quality of Benq xl2420t.

I had Sony 3d display earlier which died out of the black screen issue. It had an irritating reflective glossy screen but colors and image quality was awesome.

What settings should I choose for benqxl2420t?

Also, if I use HDMI in place of DVI, can I expect better colors on the monitor ?

NZXT Lexa S - Asus M5A97 R2.0 - AMD FX 8150 @ 4.2 Ghz - Corsair H70 - Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133 Mhz 16 GBAsus GTX 970 4GB - Corsair CX 600 - Benq XL2420t - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB - WD Live 3TB - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 Keyboard - Razer Ouroboros Mouse - Steelseries QcK Sk Gaming Edition :wub: 

HDMI can, so far, not being showed to be better than DVI. Unless you have a monitor with HDMI port on the monitor, cable and graphic card with version 1.4, and even then... some people have trouble.

The BenQ monitor doesn't not have HDMI 1.4 (newer the HDMI version, higher the royalty cost, so it's difficult for manufactures to get it. The only reason why you have an effort done on the TV market to get it, is because companies that are linked to the dev of HDMI, don't pay anything, so other companies are forced to support it).

HDMI 1.3 and older cannot do more than 1920x1200 @ 60Hz with 8-bit colors per channel (red, green and blue). So you won't be able to set your monitor at 120Hz with HDMI.

Currently the order from best to worst connector to use are:

DisplayPort > Dual-link DVI > HDMI > VGA

HDMI, nor DisplayPort will NOT get you better colors over DVI. The colors would be the same. At a technical level, DVI support error correcting bits, ensuring that every pixel of every frame displays the correct color received by the graphic card. Now, DVI and DisplayPort can output more colors than 16.7 million colors (8-bit per channel) (not HDMI), but unless you work with such content, you won't enjoy it, even if you have the monitor, as all of our content, are in 8-bit colors, because the great majority of people uses 16.7 million color monitor, not 1.07 billion or more colors ones.

The colours are pretty bad tbh.

No one will be able to give you settings (although check the tftcentral review for a starting point) because each one is different. I have 3 and I can't match the colours on them for the life of me.

Drives me absolutely crazy.

I've got it and I just put it in movie preset which makes the colors better and saved it as a game mode on the S-switch, so I can switch to it when not gaming.