Should we Post the Booth Babe Video?

LinusTech

I never got the big deal about booth babes post it i guarantee you 99% of the people on here don't care either way . I really hate all of these white knights saying it's wrong or degrading or the usual BS about how would you feel if it was your daughter ect . From womans point of view well at least mine its a job like any other and if thats what those women want to do they they can do its there choice

The only difference between a politician and a criminal in patience . A criminal will try to take everything immediately where as a politician known to take it one small piece at a time

Linus,  you'll honestly gain more respect by not posting it.  

It would however be utterly hilarious if you hyped it up like this and then uploaded  a video of yourself and Slick dancing in jock straps in the garage.

AND HIS CAT.

I voted no. It's degrading to women and offensive. If it were your wife, your girlfriend, your sister, you wouldn't want a bunch of geeks ogling. If you need to see boobs, there are more than enough already on the web. I could not, in good faith, refer anyone to LTT forums or videos any longer if that type of thing occurs. It's just... ug.

It's tough to be a male feminist at times.

Well that's an oxymoron. I choose to be an egalitarian because it actually makes sense. I don't see it as sexism because I don't see it as prejudice against women or stereotyping against women. The only people that can see it as "offensive" are those who have sexist minds either towards women or towards men. Kind of ironic how feminists are generally sexist against men.

who are the retarded voting not to post it??? we want names!!

I am one of them. By the way, do you even know what that word means? Because I am not shure which one of us is the retarded one...

Well you could post it, but it might look bad on LinusMediaGroup (for the motives of posting such a video), on the other hand, a lot of people will see it, and highlight an 'issue', if people feel like there is one, that is.

Depends, on what you think ('you' as in anyone reading this post), but there is gonna be some shi... crap... in the comments about sexualisation and negative attitudes to women, some of which may or may not be their. There are some very gender balanced and classy booths there, but then there are some more... appealing alternatives.

I am a strong proponent of freedom of expresion, negative or postive.

Either way, it really reflects on the companies, and I'd like to see how some of the ones I buy from represent themselfs.

TL;DR: You should post it, it's the companies image, not LinusTechTips.

| AMD Phenom II X6 1100T 4.0 GHz, 16GB DDR3 (8GB x3) 1600, XFX R7950 800 MHz, 1TB 7400 64MB , Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit), Fractal Design Define R4 |

| This user is located in - ~northern England, United Kingdom, Sol 3 |

Actually... Our video DOES have a male booth babe in it................

One. and how is dressed?

its a shame to waste the footage that the Linus Media Group worked so hard on. you don't want to waste the effort and time.

CPU: i5 3570K @4.5GHz    GPU: R9 290   MOBO: ASUS p8z77-v  RAM: 8Gb corsair vengence   CASE: ARC MIDI  PSU: XFX pro 550W  HDD: 2tb segate baracuda

If you don't want to post nether on the LinusTechTips nor on LinusCatTips chanel then you can show it on the livestream on the afterparty just like you show as the commersials And you can all see what have you experience.....in the livestream and the youtube :D

Please vote no guys, PC enthusiasts are already labelled as misogynists. The fact that electronics expos like Computex and E3 even HAVE booth babes is already sexist enough, we don't need to make it worse by literally posting a video for people to fap to. 

Please explain to me how it's sexist? They are getting paid to perform a job. They chose to be there. It's their right. Who are you to say it's sexist because they are working and then assuming that people would perform sexual acts on themselves while watching the video. That's incredibly immature on your part.

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman

Actually... Our video DOES have a male booth babe in it................

I'm gay, and I still don't want that here. I know where to find eye candy if I want it. And I don't want it here.

I registered to give my two cents
I think this is pretty childish and not needed
I'm no feminist or anything like that but why would you want to JUST watch Booth Babes on a channel dedicated to Tech Tips
I get the feeling that most of the people here are infact under 18

I'm german so my Grammar is weird sometimes
please excuse that

if so many people have an issue with it don't post it lol.

I don't care too much either way

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Please explain to me how it's sexist? They are getting paid to perform a job. They chose to be there. It's their right. Who are you to say it's sexist because they are working and then assuming that people would perform sexual acts on themselves while watching the video. That's incredibly immature on your part.

They are getting paid to stand around for a bunch of people to gawk at them.

I voted yes, I'm married so wont watch it, but for all of who wants to watch it, is why I voted yes :)

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I, Cpl Corey Gibson, hereby revoke your man-card for the reason of this statement.

It's ok, because I have my Pink Card, which is far more important to me. If having a "man-card" means I have to demean women, then I don't want it.

Why would you need to post it? There are a lot of other outlets where people can see them, there is even a whole thread with a bunch of pictures of booth babes on the forum. I think Linus Media Group is trying to be more professional, and a whole video with booth babes is not my idea of professional.

there are no male booth babes, thats why its sexist. 

uh no, guys are 95% of the tech community, appeal to your target audience. 

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

They are getting paid to stand around for a bunch of people to gawk at them.

They chose to be there. The company didn't say "stand around to let people stare at you, or we'll shoot you." They had a choice - and they still do. They can walk away if they wish.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Like Superman.

As opposed to this: 

girls036.jpg

Please explain to me how she is being used to do anything other than add sex appeal to the product