"What key switch should I get?" - Look here!

Just got my corsair k70 RGB and they are brown switches. Survey said I need blue switches. Screw the blue switches.

Do you like the click? Do you type with a hair bit of extra force than really needed? Blues are for you. Browns are for the person who wants a great mix of gaming/typing prowess and a distinct lack of force required for pressing their keys.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I got them for both typing and gaming. I wanted balance and remember linus mention on one of his vids he favored browns for that reason. I like how the feel typing. Im a newbie when it comes to mouse and key gaming and just changed my setup so hopefully soon I will start playing with this keyboard for bf4. (Yes I play bf4 on a controller eewww I know lol) 

Steam and origins ID: Erebus305

Great now I've gotta find backlit Clears, I guess I will have no luck with that....

WASD Keyboards my friend.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I would say anyone who doesn't have a mechanical keyboard and doesn't know what switches go with the Browns. They are the closest to the membrane feel without having too push or hard or too light and they are tactile giving the clicky sound but not as noisy as the blues

Just my opinion in this topic

I would say anyone who doesn't have a mechanical keyboard and doesn't know what switches go with the Browns. They are the closest to the membrane feel without having too push or hard or too light and they are tactile giving the clicky sound but not as noisy as the blues

Just my opinion in this topic

I say Clears. Rubber domes usually bottom out between 50-80 grams (mine are at 50) and going onto the heavier switch might be the better way to go as you can really only type on rubber domes by hitting the key all of the way down.

Different people are different though.

WASD Keyboards my friend.

I looked, but I need a 105 key keyboard (Yea Germany)

Mmmmmm... is Black Friday a thing in Germany?

On Amazon for very few articles, but thats about it. But as far as I have seen, there does not seem to be a MX Clear backlit keyboard with a German layout... And having a backlit keyboard is very important for me, since I actualy look at my keayboard if I am typing (yea I should learn proper typing, I know)

On Amazon for very few articles, but thats about it. But as far as I have seen, there does not seem to be a MX Clear backlit keyboard with a German layout... And having a backlit keyboard is very important for me, since I actualy look at my keayboard if I am typing (yea I should learn proper typing, I know)

Well, um good luck with that...

Well, um good luck with that...

thats what I said... So I guess I browns are it, since these are the only ones I could actualy find in a store, and even though they are a bit light, they feel way better then my Sidewinder X4 does.

thats what I said... So I guess I browns are it, since these are the only ones I could actualy find in a store, and even though they are a bit light, they feel way better then my Sidewinder X4 does.

Yeah, might wanna go for Browns if you can't find Clears for a decent price.

To anybody reading, should I add any questions to the quiz? Finding that 4 questions leaves something to be desired...

Should I allow rubber dome to be one of the possible results...? I know some people prefer it, although rubber dome isn't a mechanical/Cherry switch.

It gave me blues, when I said that I don't like noise... Really? I hate blues for their clicks. They are loud as hell for me, damn it.

I got blues, but I think I know enough about switches that I kinda chose blue rather than actually getting it.

R7 2700x | ASUS Strix X470-f | 4x8 Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro | Zotac RTX 2080ti | Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic
2x Xeon X5650 | Supermicro X8DT3-LN4F | 6x4 Micron DDR3 ECC | 4x4TB HDD

It gave me blues, when I said that I don't like noise... Really? I hate blues for their clicks. They are loud as hell for me, damn it.

Can you outline which options you chose on each question? Lots of people have told me that they got Blues and chose all the quiet options.

As i havent tried any other than REDs i cant really tell how accurate the test is. I tried it anyway and i could see what switch a specific answer would be leading to as i made my research on switches while back.

Afterall it gave me REDs because i focused on gaming. But now when i owned my k70rgb for a month im pretty curious if browns wouldnt fit me better.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

As i havent tried any other than REDs i cant really tell how accurate the test is. I tried it anyway and i could see what switch a specific answer would be leading to as i made my research on switches while back.

Afterall it gave me REDs because i focused on gaming. But now when i owned my k70rgb for a month im pretty curious if browns wouldnt fit me better.

Browns are just as light but are better for typing IMO. They have a little bump midway down and that causes me to type more accurately. I still can't type accurately on either though because my hands smash the keys (greens are the bae). Reds are still a better gaming switch because double-tapping is really nice on those. 

reds for some reason

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

there is some strange phrasing on the second question *i hit it my keyboard kinda hard* 

Is there a specific switch you recommend that has a satisfying click/feeling medium force,

but more specifically shorter travel distance than normal cherry keys?

i currently have red switches, and they are the worst switches i have ever encountered,

the enormous travel distance to bottom them out is really strains my fingers and slows

down typing a while lot. I think it's scissor switches? those slim keys on some laptops?

i find them alot more satisfying and easier to type on than reds. 

there is some strange phrasing on the second question *i hit it my keyboard kinda hard* 

Is there a specific switch you recommend that has a satisfying click/feeling medium force,

but more specifically shorter travel distance than normal cherry keys?

i currently have red switches, and they are the worst switches i have ever encountered,

the enormous travel distance to bottom them out is really strains my fingers and slows

down typing a while lot.

Blues sound like exactly what you need.

EDIT: There's also no such thing as "normal" Cherry keys. They're all different in some respect and although Blues are the most common, they still don't stand as the "normal" Cherry key. But in this case, Blues sound like what you need.

Blues sound like exactly what you need.

EDIT: There's also no such thing as "normal" Cherry keys. They're all different in some respect and although Blues are the most common, they still don't stand as the "normal" Cherry key. But in this case, Blues sound like what you need.

don't most cherry keys have exactly the same travel distance, or am i mistaken?

i think blues would be nice, but i am worried they are just as bad as red when

it comes to bottoming them out.

don't most cherry keys have exactly the same travel distance, or am i mistaken?

i think blues would be nice, but i am worried they are just as bad as red when

it comes to bottoming them out.

Blues are a tad heavy, but compared to reds, you're pressing the key into another dimension.

And not all keys bottom out with the same force, no. Blues take 50 grams to actuate (hit the bump) and a bit more too hit the full bottom of the stem. Reds take 45 to actuate, which doesn't sound like a lot less, but that's hitting them down to the bottom as they're a linear switch and that's the only way to actuate a linear switch.

Blues are a tad heavy, but compared to reds, you're pressing the key into another dimension.

And not all keys bottom out with the same force, no. Blues take 50 grams to actuate (hit the bump) and a bit more too hit the full bottom of the stem. Reds take 45 to actuate, which doesn't sound like a lot less, but that's hitting them down to the bottom as they're a linear switch and that's the only way to actuate a linear switch.

i don't really control myself when hitting a key, nor do i want to :P

i just slam it and i stop when the key stops, it's not so much about

the force as it is the sheer distance before the key stops.

really stiffens up my fingers when typing on these red keys.. 

i thought the red to blue force was almost negligible,

but i guess the difference might might feel bigger than

it factually is.