AMD Stepping up their game!

horvath93

Guess will see nvidia being taken over by intel someday maybe.

I wouldn't be too sure about that though, since Nvidia is doing very well with just their GPUs and mobile chipsets.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

I don't care if a game has the "Never Settle" or "The Way It's Meant To Be Played" moniker, as long as optimizations do not go to the point where features are deliberately 'greyed' out from one, and allowed for the other. The case in point is Batman AA, anyone recall that? I was quite ticked off that nV got the game dev to bend over and shove it to AMD/ATi cards.....no AA allowed when an ATi card is detected. Someone complained about Tomb Raider performance on nV card, that issue has been fixed with newer driver, performance have gone up, but it's a fact that no matter how well optimized the drivers are, they cannot make up for the fact that the GTX6xx suck at DirectCompute, I believe the Fermi is better at DirectCompute than Keplers. Bear in mind, AMD did not get the game dev to keep TressFX exclusive by doing a typical nV trick in reverse.....when the game detects an nV card, TressFX would be disabled. So far, all the Never Settle games have features that both card makers can use, I don't mind seeing nV take their TWIMTBP titles to a higher level and keep it fair. For example, Metro Last Light is an nV bundled game, yet all the features available to nV is available to AMD cards as well, even PhysX can be run via CPU. That is what I'd like to see more often.

As for gaming performance, until AMD releases the Volcanic Islands, cetaris paribus,I don't see how a HD7970 can beat a GTX780/Titan even in BF4 simply because the GTX780/Titan are simply faster in terms of sheer raw power. As for it being optimized for AMD CPU, perhaps it can be done, I think Crysis 3 showed that AMD CPU's can be rather well when optimized. Anyway, I've got my bases covered, I do have an FX8350 + Asus CVF setup, but have paired them with a pair of GTX670's....so, I believe I'd be in good shape when BF4 is launched, I have already pre-ordered it btw. While my main rig does not have 8 cores, it does have 6. ;)

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

The problem I have is that I want matching GPU'S but I hate the noise of my 7970 and I cant watercool them because I have an r4

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

fuck-yes-meme-generator-fuck-yes-f64811.

I don't know why even though i am using an Intel CPU, i root so hard for AMD. :)

Sometimes you really just have to support the underdogs, because when you don't they will come back and bite you in the ass :P

Also this :

We are excited to share that we have partnered with Square Enixto exclusively optimize THIEF for AMD Radeon™ GPUs and AMD FX CPUs! The performance optimizations take the game to a whole new level!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=484097214996104&set=a.196380707101091.49383.165710583501437&type=1&theater

Looks like AMD is stepping up their game. 

Seriously?! What I hope next in the future is that seeing Square Enix will pioneer the coming of JRPG's in the PC platform so I can kiss my console goodbye.

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

I'm really not surprised to see this kind of thing actually, seeing as how both new gen consoles are based on amd hardware I actually expected it because their already optimizing it on that hardware for the console anyways.. I think it's more a point of them being lazy then anything else but I still think people with things like the 3770k and maybe even things like the 3930k can at te very least match the fx lineup if not surpass it but I suppose we just have to wait to see