AMD Stepping up their game!

horvath93

I just saw this on AMD Gaming Facebook page : 

Today we're proud to announce that Battlefield 4 will be exclusively optimized for AMD Radeon GPUs, AMD A-Series APUs and AMD FX CPUs! AMD, EA and Dice have collaborated to ensure Frostbite 3-based titles like Battlefield 4 look and run their best on AMD hardware. If you’re at E3, you could be one of the first to try Battlefield 4 multiplayer on the AMD-powered systems at EA’s booth in the South Hall!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=484120104993815&set=a.196380707101091.49383.165710583501437&type=1&theater

Also this :

We are excited to share that we have partnered with Square Enixto exclusively optimize THIEF for AMD Radeon™ GPUs and AMD FX CPUs! The performance optimizations take the game to a whole new level!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=484097214996104&set=a.196380707101091.49383.165710583501437&type=1&theater

Looks like AMD is stepping up their game. 

In my opinion it's pretty hard to optimize a game for a specific CPU, but I buy the GPU part because that happens all the time.

Me: Yeah I just really can't get my H220 working again, I've tried everything that was suggested in the forum.

Brian (Swiftech Support): Hmm, have you tried slapping it?

Awesome I am glad I have a 7970 right about now

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

Hah. And your profile pic goes great with your reply! :D

I think its because all the consoles use AMD's hardware, good thing I got a 7970, I think it will last longer with all the console to PC ports already being optimized for GCN architecture 

Old shit no one cares about but me.

I agree with you Tr3vor. I feel that it's because of the consoles using AMD Hardware. 

Also, first topic I make, Linus replies. Made my day. :D

it already performs better on AMD, all these never settle bundle games, we all saw that 7xxx beat 6xx which is same generation. I think this is awesome and I love the idea to optimize the games for GPU and CPU. I don't feel like the nvidia will be falling behind 'THAT' much

Hoe Hoe Hoe and a bottle of RAM © Gankplank

8350 is even better in BF3 so yeah im glad i bought 7870 but not so much i bought i5 3570k .... :(

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

Awesome, glad I bought a 7970 when I did, nothing but good times and so looking forward to bf4 and this announcement just reinforces that :)

Rock On!

Optimizing for a CPU could mean making the game genuinely perform better with multi-core. That would give AMD a distinct advantage against Intel at this time.

I really do hope so because in my rig I have a 8350 and a 7970. They just need to sort out the crossfire microstutter issue and then if I get another 7970 I may have a completely beast battlefield pcx. Also more games need to start leveraging more cores I think.

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

Well, it's nothing peculiar, since their main focus is the console market and that now both xbone and ps4 have AMD chips powering them it's understandable. Although I'd like to se no favouritism between GPU/CPU manufacturers as well as more games made with PC in mind, not just poor ports from consoles.

just means that these games are also going to be in their "Never Settle Bundle" that they put out

they aren't stepping up their game, their just paying other companies to do it for them, nothing special
when I see performance through raw power, then I would possibly care

Nice... we'll be making an AMD build for my brother and Battlefield is his favorite franchise. :)

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | I7 930 2.80GHz(stock) | Noctua NH-D14 | 6GB Corsair @ 1600 | Sapphire 5850 Toxic Edition 1GB | Corsair TX750W | Corsair C70 black |<p>Collection of Parts for next build: Corsair 760T | Windows 7 Pro | Corsair AX850 |http://jond7.deviantart.com/ - https://www.facebook.com/JonD7

Optimizing for a CPU could mean making the game genuinely perform better with multi-core. That would give AMD a distinct advantage against Intel at this time.

Yeah that's probably what they are going to do. Although I deffinitely think AMD will get an advantage in terms of cpu's for gaming (because of consoles running AMD multicore cpus and architecture) but I can see Intel swiftly coming out with an 8 core processor in the future.

Me: Yeah I just really can't get my H220 working again, I've tried everything that was suggested in the forum.

Brian (Swiftech Support): Hmm, have you tried slapping it?

I really do hope so because in my rig I have a 8350 and a 7970. They just need to sort out the crossfire microstutter issue and then if I get another 7970 I may have a completely beast battlefield pcx. Also more games need to start leveraging more cores I think.

Microstutering is fixed with radeonpro i think.....can't remember the name, there's a thread on the forums.

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

Hearing this makes me happy and sad at the same time.  I might just have to build myself a AMD based mini beast system for fun.

Microstutering is fixed with radeonpro i think.....can't remember the name, there's a thread on the forums.

I wonder when it will be sorted for 7970

Makes sense since both consoles run amd hardware. 

I seems the days of NVIDIAs "The Way It's Meant to be Played" being on practically every game title has come to an end.

I did use to enjoy the intro to UT2004 with the NVIDIA logo, but things like that don't happen anymore!

But it is good, even as an NVIDIA user, to see the red side doing well once again! Competition is key!

Hearing this makes me happy and sad at the same time.  I might just have to build myself a AMD based mini beast system for fun.

I think you should. I recommend basing it on what is in my sig. Very solid system as well as saving some money on a refurbished ssd. 

But would that also mean even the mutithreaded i7's also be "optimized" for it?

just upgrading my system to full amd highend

CPU: AMD FX-8350 @4.2GHz cooled by Corsair H100 | Mainboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula-Z | GPU: XFX HD7970 DD 3GB | RAM: 16GB G.Skill RipjawsX | Case: ANTEC P280 windowed | PSU: beQuiet! 650W DarkPower Pro

Now @ University in Munich: Games Engineering!!!!