Which Power Supply should I get for my P.C.? (for gaming).

mst646

I am not recommending OP to get rid of a perfectly fine SSD cause some people don't like it as that would be a ludicrous notion especially since they have never used the bloody thing.

Oh and i have used the "bloody thing"

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

GPU: NVIDIA Galaxy GeForce GT 640. (This is my graphics card for now). But I also want to be able to run an NVIDIA SLI or an AMD CrossFireX in some near future.

I was thinking about this one:

http://www.corsair.com/en/cx-series-cx750m-modular-atx-power-supply-750-watt-80-plus-bronze-certified-modular-psu

Thank you for your time and your opinions!

Where are you buying from, and what is your budget?

if you are from the US, I would recommend the Rosewill Capstone 750w if you don't mind dealing with a non-modular PSU for $59.99 or $39.99 after MIR. It's better build PSU than any other PSU in this price range. You could also get the semi-modular version for ~$20 more. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182264

If you want a fully modular unit, the aforementioned EVGA Supernova 750w G2 is an excellent high-end unit for $109.99 or $89.99 after MIR: http://www.ncixus.com/products/?sku=94405&promoid=1424

Nobody said to trash his ssd, but if you read his post he said he is looking at getting another possibly. It's our job to inform his of how bad that decision would be. And you are not helping.

So I/O just stop trolling and dont think you are smarter than us all

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

if you are from the US, I would recommend the Rosewill Capstone 750w if you don't mind dealing with a non-modular PSU for $59.99 or $39.99 after MIR. It's better build PSU than any other PSU in this price range. You could also get the semi-modular version for ~$20 more. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182264

If you want a fully modular unit, the aforementioned EVGA Supernova 750w G2 is an excellent high-end unit for $109.99 or $89.99 after MIR: http://www.ncixus.com/products/?sku=94405&promoid=1424

this is a great idea

Nobody said to trash his ssd, but if you read his post he said he is looking at getting another possibly. It's our job to inform his of how bad that decision would be. And you are not helping.

RAID0 will only be as fast as the slowest drive.

is this at all scientific no

that is why he should use the v300 as storage and a nicer as a real one in future

lol you had to pick up your argument from whoever this guy is.

that has what to do with anything....?

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Also boottimes mean nothing of os snappiness 

Sooooooooooooo my original comment almost exactly? lol

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

yea what does it have to do with anything other than trolling us

http://www.pcwizkidstechtalk.com/ better than an opinion and much better than afew. Much more scientific.

Sigh. Um the OP !

http://www.pcwizkidstechtalk.com/ better than an opinion and much better than afew. Much more scientific.

Sigh. OP wants to RAID0 his V300 SSD. No point in getting a slightly faster and more expensive drive when it will only run as fast as the V300

so you are saying that he wants to do what you want him to do seems narcesistic

Good evening, I want to know which power supply should I buy?

I'm building my first P.C. 'especially for gaming' and these are my specs for now:

CPU: AMD FX-8350 8-Core Black Edition.  

MOBO: ASROCK FATAL1TY 990FX KILLER.  

RAM: I'm not sure about the RAM but I'm going to run between 8 and 16 GBs of RAM. I'll be using the 2 dual channels.

Hard Drive: Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB (I already have one of those) but I want to buy another one or 2 new ones of a higher range like the 'Kingston Hyper X series' on RAID 0.

GPU: NVIDIA Galaxy GeForce GT 640. (This is my graphics card for now). But I also want to be able to run an NVIDIA SLI or an AMD CrossFireX in some near future.

I was thinking about this one:

http://www.corsair.com/en/cx-series-cx750m-modular-atx-power-supply-750-watt-80-plus-bronze-certified-modular-psu

Thank you for your time and your opinions!

this is what he said he has money to buy 2 nicer ones which is miles better

Sooooooooooooo my original comment almost exactly? lol

Yeah, seeing a 8-page discussion on SSDs and Win8, I decided not to try to sort out all of the comments that actually pertains to the OP's original question. But yeah, basically what you said. lol

Either way, we still need to know his budget and location as pricing/availability may be different in another country, which I can assume no one had asked.

Yeah, seeing a 8-page discussion on SSDs and Win8, I decided not to try to sort out all of the comments that actually pertains to the OP's original question. But yeah, basically what you said. lol

Either way, we still need to know his budget and location as pricing/availability may be different in another country, which I can assume no one had asked.

Yup it became I/O vs. everyone else and i did actually ask though and he gave me a link to his build and i modified a few things and he thanked me

Also it is 9 almost 10 pages of nonsense with 7 that actually pertain to the topic

A topic about a PSU and you trolls do this?

yea i know

Get a Samsung 840 Evo. My windows boot time was 8 seconds.

topic over and that was an idea

Guys thank you all for the help and the comments!

First than all I do not want to be rude, but I think that the topic has changed drastically.

Thought I believe I didn't  express myselft very well. Sorry about that.

I'm from Costa Rica and I want to build my first P.C. for Gaming.

My budget is: $400 to buy a motherboard a power supply and memory RAM.

Unfortunately I've to pay money to a company in order to have those things here in my country and also pretend to buy all that stuff in Black Friday's day.

Guys once again :

Which Power Supply should I get for my P.C.? (for gaming).

I bought this CPU AMD: FX-8350 8-Core Black Edition.

I'll buy this MOBO: ASROCK FATAL1TY 990FX KILLER.

The memory RAM: I spent the whole day looking for memory RAM I think I got them I'm just waiting for them to lower it's price (Black Friday) once again.

I already have this Hard Drive: Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB. But I want to upgrade later, I'm not interested in others for now, but If I bought other/s I would like to be able to run them fine with this power supply that I have to buy for my P.C. 

The GPU: NVIDIA Galaxy GeForce GT 640. Same thing with the 'SSD' I want to keep that GPU, but I would like to run an Nvidia SLI or AMD CrossFireX in the future I'm not interested in a new GPU for now.

I need a Power Supply that could run perfectly with the specs that I have and I pretend to buy for now, and I also want to have a power supply that could run the Nvidia SLI or AMD CrossFireX without switching power supplies.

Once again thank you guys for your time and your opinions, I'm much obliged and sorry if I made some mistakes about the grammar because English is not my native language. Hopefully you could understand this reply.

I would buy a evga super nova nex