Which Power Supply should I get for my P.C.? (for gaming).

mst646

Good evening, I want to know which power supply should I buy?

I'm building my first P.C. 'especially for gaming' and these are my specs for now:

CPU: AMD FX-8350 8-Core Black Edition.  

MOBO: ASROCK FATAL1TY 990FX KILLER.  

RAM: I'm not sure about the RAM but I'm going to run between 8 and 16 GBs of RAM. I'll be using the 2 dual channels.

Hard Drive: Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB (I already have one of those) but I want to buy another one or 2 new ones of a higher range like the 'Kingston Hyper X series' on RAID 0.

GPU: NVIDIA Galaxy GeForce GT 640. (This is my graphics card for now). But I also want to be able to run an NVIDIA SLI or an AMD CrossFireX in some near future.

I was thinking about this one:

http://www.corsair.com/en/cx-series-cx750m-modular-atx-power-supply-750-watt-80-plus-bronze-certified-modular-psu

Thank you for your time and your opinions!

could you send us pcparpicker link so that we can make your build a better for the price also what is your budget, and a gt 640 is not a good edition also evha supernova

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

I'm building my first P.C. 'especially for gaming' and these are my specs for now:

CPU: AMD FX-8350 8-Core Black Edition.  

MOBO: ASROCK FATAL1TY 990FX KILLER.  

RAM: I'm not sure about the RAM but I'm going to run between 8 and 16 GBs of RAM. I'll be using the 2 dual channels.

Hard Drive: Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB (I already have one of those) but I want to buy another one or 2 new ones of a higher range like the 'Kingston Hyper X series' on RAID 0.

GPU: NVIDIA Galaxy GeForce GT 640. (This is my graphics card for now). But I also want to be able to run an NVIDIA SLI or an AMD CrossFireX in some near future.

I was thinking about this one:

http://www.corsair.com/en/cx-series-cx750m-modular-atx-power-supply-750-watt-80-plus-bronze-certified-modular-psu

Thank you for your time and your opinions!

Seems like a good PSU. I have a hx650 and I love it. Before that I had a cx600 and and to get it RMA'ed like 3 times before they sent me a hx650 and it has worked great for a year now. Just be weary. I had some bad luck I guess. My friends that have corsiair PSUs haven't had problems. Good luck mate

CPU AMD A10-5800k  GPU GTX 960 Gigabyte G1 Motherboard Asrock fm2a75m-dgs Ram G.skill 8gigs ddr3 PSU Corsair HX650 HDD Two 1TB Hitachi 7200 rpm Case Zalman z11

Keyboard CM Storm Quickfire TK with chery mx reds Mouse Logitech m500 Headset Logitech g430 Laptop Lenovo u310 touch Phone HTC one

lol No high end corsair power supplies unless money is no object and you go full AXI series. You can get a rosewill capstone 750 for 80 on newegg right now which is a better power supply, gold rated and fully modular. But if you want top notch quality get an evga g2 750W for about 110 and it blows everything away at it's price point.  

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Go with an 8GB Dual channel ram kit and get another Kingston V300 120GB SSD because there is no sense on wasting money on a faster SSD to run with a slower one in RAID0. Get a good quality 700watt PSU and your set.

lol No high end corsair power supplies unless money is no object and you go full AXI series. You can get a rosewill capstone 750 for 80 on newegg right now which is a better power supply, gold rated and fully modular. But if you want top notch quality get an evga g2 750W for about 110 and it blows everything away at it's price point.  

EVGA is something of a PSU power house now in days.

Go with an 8GB Dual channel ram kit and get another Kingston V300 120GB SSD because there is no sense on wasting money on a faster SSD to run with a slower one in RAID0. Get a good quality 700watt PSU and your set.

wut that gives more points of failurs

not so true roswill i do not like but the evga is a good one and corsair is worth buying for more than axi

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

EVGA is something of a PSU power house now in days.

Pretty much anything made by superflower seems amazing. 

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

wut

not so true roswill i do not like but the evga is a good one and it is worth is for more than axi

Have you seen the reviews for the rosewill unit? They are all pretty good. And im not sure what you mean at the end of that sentence. 

Have you seen the reviews for the rosewill unit? They are all pretty good. And im not sure what you mean at the end of that sentence. 

fixef it

Pretty much anything made by superflower seems amazing. 

Not only that but EVGA has the nicest looking PSUs ... no need to sleeve cause they come with perfect quality aftermarket pro sleeving on some of them.

Not sure what was so hard to understand ?

that is not a good idea it gives more points of failure especially that the v300 isn't to reliable compared to other ssd's

wut that gives more points of failurs

? what do you mean ?

? what do you mean ?

have you heard of points of failure in a system

that is not a good idea it gives more points of failure especially that the v300 isn't to reliable compared to other ssd's

V300 is a good solid SSD ... I run one and Linus recommends them so I don't know. Lots of people are happy with the V300 lineup http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820721107&cm_re=V300_SSD-_-20-721-107-_-Product

have you heard of points of failure in a system

So where does an SSD, 700watt quality PSU and 8GB Dual Channel ram kit have points of failure LOL.

V300 is a good solid SSD ... I run one and Linus recommends them so I don't know. Lots of people are happy with the V300 lineup http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820721107&cm_re=V300_SSD-_-20-721-107-_-Product

that was before they put really shitty nand in it now it has half performance and shitty lifespan

I just know that the v300 is crap. lol the early ones are better but they changed the manufacturing process and the flash they use so they run slow as dirt now.  And really the AXi isn't any better than the g2 series other than being platinum. You will basically pay twice as much for the same power supply and some software. Also the evga warranty is 10 years.

So where does an SSD, 700watt quality PSU and 8GB Dual Channel ram kit have points of failure LOL.

2 ssds adds pof to system if one dyes he gets screwed

that was before they put really shitty nand in it now it has half performance and shitty lifespan

Linus recommends it and they are decent.

I just know that the v300 is crap. lol the early ones are better but they changed the manufacturing process and the flash they use so they run slow as dirt now. (That is the ssd now series) And really the AXi isn't any better than the g2 series other than being platinum. You will basically pay twice as much for the same power supply and some software. Also the evga warranty is 10 years.

Yes this so much this

Linus recommends it and they are decent.

before the change

2 ssds adds pof to system if one dyes he gets screwed

It's a gaming rig where performance comes first. RAID0 is King but really on SSDs it does not speed things up a whole lot like HDDs.