Any chance a Gigabyte 970 G1 will drop in price during the holidays?

jonyman23

I am going to be getting a G1 970 but I am trying to figure out if it will go on sale for maybe black friday or cyber monday

it came out like 2 months ago, it MIGHT have a $20 MIR

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

it came out like 2 months ago, it MIGHT have a $20 MIR

I figured it wouldn't but I am just going to have to stalk newegg and other places on sunday night into cyber monday

yeah i just got one as i knew it wasnt gonna drop by much and didnt want to risk not getting b4 xmas (its a "present"  :rolleyes: ) its stayed @ roughly the same price for ages

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Probably not since they just came out and Nvidia is doing that free game promotion this month. 

Current Rig
AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming WiFi 2 - 32 GB GSkill TridentZ RGB
GeForce RTX 3080 - WD Black SN850 1TB  - Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL

yeah i just got one as i knew it wasnt gonna drop by much and didnt want to risk not getting b4 xmas (its a "present"  :rolleyes: ) its stayed @ roughly the same price for ages

you got a G1, what resolution/monitor are you running it with? I am really stuck, thinking if I should get a QNIX qx2710 for christmas(not knowing for sure if the 770 will run well) and get a 970 G1 down the line, or get a 970 G1 now and a Qnix down the line

I don't think so. Well, maybe $20, but right now the 970 is dominating the market because it offers a good price/performance ratio. AMD cut prices of 290-290X but a lot of people is still buying the new Maxwell cards, so Nvidia is taking advantage of that, they're not stupid.

If you're smart and if you don't mind some isues with AMD cards with the games that are being released get a R9 290 (if it's less than a 970 of course).

I don't think so. Well, maybe $20, but right now the 970 is dominating the market because it offers a good price/performance ratio. AMD cut prices of 290-290X but a lot of people is still buying the new Maxwell cards, so Nvidia is taking advantage of that, they're not stupid.

If you're smart and if you don't mind some isues with AMD cards with the games that are being released get a R9 290 (if it's less than a 970 of course).

before when I was building my first rig, I was mainly looking at the 280x and was and still am a strong supporter for the AMD. Anyway I had gotten alittle more cash so I went for the 770, which is better if you can  afford it. But I'd rather a 970 than a 290 anyday

It's out for $370 on Amazon right now... I don't think it'll get cheaper than that for at least 6 months.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

you got a G1, what resolution/monitor are you running it with? I am really stuck, thinking if I should get a QNIX qx2710 for christmas(not knowing for sure if the 770 will run well) and get a 970 G1 down the line, or get a 970 G1 now and a Qnix down the line

The new 900 series cards offer DSR.  Which means that you can run at different resolutions no matter what monitor you have.

For example, I run Far Cry 3 on ultra at a 4k resolution with my dual 970 G1 Gaming cards. 

MY CURRENT PC

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k COOLER: Noctua NH-D14 MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3-1600 STORAGE: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM HHD GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 SLI CASE: Fractal Design R4 PSU: EVGA 1000W 80+ Gold 
PERIPHERALS - KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Cherry MX Browns MOUSE: Logitech G500/M100 MONITOR(S): Acer H236HLbid (I want an Asus PB278Q) SPEAKERS: Some Cyber Acoustics $10 speakers PICTURES AND FULL PARTS LIST @ PCPARTPICKER - http://pcpartpicker.com/b/z4Pscf  

"Don't get so caught up in trying to make a living that you forget to make a life."

like i said its an xmas present so not had a chance to play with it properly but the 970 should run 1440.....just you may need to mess with some of the settings the 770 on the other hand will not without some serious sacrifice

The new 900 series cards offer DSR.  Which means that you can run at different resolutions no matter what monitor you have.

For example, I run Far Cry 3 on ultra at a 4k resolution with my dual 970 G1 Gaming cards. 

thats not how it works.....it will render it a 4k but will only display at 1080 or what ever res your monitor is.  its basically super sampling the whole scene 

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

like i said its an xmas present so not had a chance to play with it properly but the 970 should run 1440.....just you may need to mess with some of the settings the 770 on the other hand will not without some serious sacrifice

thats not how it works.....it will render it a 4k but will only display at 1080 or what ever res your monitor is.  its basically super sampling the whole scene 

Is that so?  I haven't bothered to research it that thoroughly, but rendering a game at 4k certainly has a massive impact on my machine.

MY CURRENT PC

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k COOLER: Noctua NH-D14 MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3-1600 STORAGE: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM HHD GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 SLI CASE: Fractal Design R4 PSU: EVGA 1000W 80+ Gold 
PERIPHERALS - KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Cherry MX Browns MOUSE: Logitech G500/M100 MONITOR(S): Acer H236HLbid (I want an Asus PB278Q) SPEAKERS: Some Cyber Acoustics $10 speakers PICTURES AND FULL PARTS LIST @ PCPARTPICKER - http://pcpartpicker.com/b/z4Pscf  

"Don't get so caught up in trying to make a living that you forget to make a life."

i'm considering getting the Gigabyte G1 or the MSI Gaming 970 so i've been keeping an eye on prices.  i don't expect them to drop in price over black friday/cyber monday, but i keep checking websites like a hopeful buffoon. as if a $20 mail in rebate will change my wife from "you've been spending a lot of money lately" to "you should buy two of them!". 

i5-2500K @ 4.4 GHz

R9 290X @ 1050/1350 MHz

ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q

Titanium HD | JDS Labs O2 | HD650

i'm considering getting the Gigabyte G1 or the MSI Gaming 970 so i've been keeping an eye on prices.  i don't expect them to drop in price over black friday/cyber monday, but i keep checking websites like a hopeful buffoon. as if a $20 mail in rebate will change my wife from "you've been spending a lot of money lately" to "you should buy two of them!". 

I have a gigabyte windforce 770 and I personally think it's the best cooler on the market, I plan on getting a 970 G1 all the way with their improvements they made on the windforce. I am building a build for my friend so I gave him 2 MSI 970's because he had a more red/black type build, so it's mostly personal preference but it isn't like their THAT different from eachother.