LinusTechTips @Folding Team - Important Info Inside

Finally finished my 1st fold after having my data being corrupted all the time! :) (slow computer....)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Finally finished my 1st fold after having my data being corrupted all the time! :) (slow computer....)
Nice job! (suffing due to 10 char min)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

AAARRRGGG!! I have two completed GPU WU's trying to submit and the stupid server is down and the stupid client won't move onto another server... Watch the pretty log file all night. :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Same here, i reinstalled it to get new work units but my gpus were stuck on downloading -.-

Here is something neat. Apparently reports that this will work as well, on folding at least. Don't install the NVidia drivers, just let Windows Update do its own and FAH will recognize them. And there isn't a huge loss in PPD. Won't work for SLI or the like or AMD cards which are much more CPU dependent I believe. I am going to order a few and test. :)

Also found this site with free shipping.... www.9mart.com

I just bought two - so will let you all know if it works...

Made a new group for the team:

http://linustechtips.com/main/sguncategorized/folding-home

I think I sent invites to most of the members. :) But anyone is free to join!

Just joined the team.
Welcome! (stuffing due to 10 char min)

My new PPD total is no 31778 after i let my cpu use all of it's cores(6) :D

Very nice :)

My current PPD is about 92K. The GT 610 and two GT 640's arrived today, so will be adding them in tonight as well as a GT 210 - be interesting to see how much they boost output. At $10 for the 610 and $30 for the 640, still a steal. :)

Also the GPU server are up and running now.

Yep - noticed that this afternoon - bout time :)

Big congrats to jimbob who is the first member about to bust through the 1 million points mark. Nice work! [TABLE=align: center] [TR=bgcolor: #dcdcdc] [TD] 1[/TD] [TD] jimbob775 [/TD] [TD] 904749 [/TD] [TD] 133 [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

It's official. Congratulations to Jimbob, our first member of the LTT folding team to reach 1 million points! :)

cert.jimbob775.1003814.jpg

My current PPD is about 92K. The GT 610 and two GT 640's arrived today, so will be adding them in tonight as well as a GT 210 - be interesting to see how much they boost output. At $10 for the 610 and $30 for the 640, still a steal. :)
Arrrggg... ended up working on my Hyper-V server last night and the firewall. SO have to hopefully get those cards up and running tonight.

I get 26K PPD with my W110ER!
Does it run pretty hot? I know on my EliteBook and FAH, CPU gets up to the high 80's and nice and toasty when typing :)

I get 26K PPD with my W110ER!
Temps after an all nighter are.. 72C on the GPU and 83C on the CPU. I have a modded BIOS that lowers the GPU voltage to 1.000v versus 1.235v so that REALLY helps with my temps. The CPU is a 45 watt CPU in an 11inch laptop so I don't mind the temps. The fan works very well and the bottom only gets warm. This is the 3rd night running it all night and no ill effects..........YET ;) hehe

Congratz Whaler for breaking 1 million points!

cert.Whaler_99.1008008.jpg

Congratz Whaler for breaking 1 million points!

cert.Whaler_99.1008008.jpg

OK - GT 640 is earning me about 9K PPD and the GT 610 is only pulling about 3.5K. So unless you can get a 610 pretty cheap, not much benefit...

I got a Core 2 Duo ULV running 24/7, and a i3 2100 sometimes. Just joined the team.