LinusTechTips @Folding Team - Important Info Inside

Amazing how quickly we've reached the 1,000,000 points barrier - flying up the rankings! Keep up the good work guys!

Dedicated my i5 3570K 4.3GHz desktop to it for the next few days, go Team LinusTech!

| CPU: Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.26v | GPU: AMD R9 290X @ 1090MHz |

| RAM: 2x4GB Samsung Green @ 2133MHz OC |

| PSU: Corsair RM850 | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 | 

Amazing how quickly we've reached the 1' date='000,000 points barrier - flying up the rankings! Keep up the good work guys![/quote']

Just noticed that too!

Great work everyone!

Amazing how quickly we've reached the 1,000,000 points barrier - flying up the rankings! Keep up the good work guys!
We are really moving up.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Amazing how quickly we've reached the 1' date='000,000 points barrier - flying up the rankings! Keep up the good work guys![/quote']

Just noticed that too!

Great work everyone!

My congrats as well to all the members. The team has grown very quickly. Even those with the small system donating a little bit each day, really helps.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

What does folding contribute to exactly ?
Ultimately for research in various different studies.

One of the many milestones to come!
Yippee! :)

Folding at Home contributes to biomedical research for various types of diseases, illnesses, cancers, viruses and etc.

http://www.overclock.net/t/211646/is-folding-worth-it-and-does-it-make-a-difference/0_30

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folding@home

There are also many other folding projects that contribute to research.

Here's a list: https://boinc.berkeley.edu/projects.php

The Home Page - http://folding.stanford.edu/English/HomePage

Project is organized by Stanford - probably one of the largest Folding groups in the world.

We popped onto the Overclocking stats site last night at just under 6,000 spot. Tonight, we are up to 4,000ish spot - in one day! Very nice.... now to get me some more NVidia cards. :)

I'm set up, had a little problem with Windows 8 though, it didn't come up with the firewall settings until I restarted 3 times lol but

How quickly we've reached 2,000,000 points!

post-1781-13667860996615_thumb.jpg

How quickly we've reached 2,000,000 points!
Sweet :) (rrrr.. 10 character minium)

Keep having to reset my progress because my fold errors out at around 65% so I have to start all over again on my slow comp...

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Keep having to reset my progress because my fold errors out at around 65% so I have to start all over again on my slow comp...
Try uninstalling the program, reboot, re-install. I had something go corrupt on one of my systems. This basically cleared it all out for me and working fine sine.

Yeah!! We are now at over 3.5 million points and ranking in the top 2,000 teams... in only a week. :)

Wow, pretty awesome, next goal would be in the top 1000!!

Hey guys, thought I'd share this stats page. I hope the link works: http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_list.php?s=&p=19

from what I see on this page we're turning out a massive # of point compared to other teams in our area, which means we're going to keep moving up the leader board. This is really impressive when you consider that there's only about 50 of us, according to the Stanford team list. Keep up the good work everyone!! :)

"Wisdom III" AMD FX 8120 @ 4.1Ghz // Biostar TA990FXE // 16GB GeIL Black Dragon (8x2) // Saphire HD 7870 OC Edition // CORSAIR TX850M // Curcial M4 64GB (boot) // Seagate Barracuda Green 1.5TB (storage) // Cooler Master Hyper N 520 // Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

Hey guys, thought I'd share this stats page. I hope the link works: http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_list.php?s=&p=19

from what I see on this page we're turning out a massive # of point compared to other teams in our area, which means we're going to keep moving up the leader board. This is really impressive when you consider that there's only about 50 of us, according to the Stanford team list. Keep up the good work everyone!! :)

:D - that is one of the links posted on the main Sticky. Very cool site with how you can see us compared to other teams. And once we get to 800 place and better, they also start tracking all our individual stats...

And we just broke 4mil points!!