Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Whaler_99

LinusTechTips @Folding Team - Important Info Inside

Posted · Original PosterOP

Wow - teams growing fast! :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

I'd love to, however I'd need a quick tutorial.

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

Here's a quick tut, go on their site, and register yourself a passkey. Then, download the F@H client, and in the install, put in your passkey, team number (223518), and your username. Then, go into the client and see that's everythings working. When you have done so, change the "Novice" option for expert, go into configure, slots, then press edit on both slots (edit one first OFC), and then scroll down to "Extra slot options"; press add, and then for name, put in "client-type", and for value, put it at "advanced". Then repeat the step on the other slot. I hope this helped.

MEH

Here's a quick tut' date=' go on their site, and register yourself a passkey. Then, download the F@H client, and in the install, put in your passkey, team number (223518), and your username. Then, go into the client and see that's everythings working. When you have done so, change the "Novice" option for expert, go into configure, slots, then press edit on both slots (edit one first OFC), and then scroll down to "Extra slot options"; press add, and then for name, put in "client-type", and for value, put it at "advanced". Then repeat the step on the other slot. I hope this helped.[/quote']

Thanks, but I asked for a tutorial before I realized I didn't really need one. It's already running. GO TEAM TECH TIPS!

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

folding right now!!

PC: CPU: i7 8700@4.3 Ghz     GPU:gtx 1070@2050Mhz/4000Mhz     MOTHERBOARD:Gigabyte H310m       RAM: DDR4 2666       POWERSUPPLY: Great Wall 650W  

SSD:SanDisk 120GB   HDD: Toshiba 1TB.         

KEYBOARD: Redragon Kumara 10keyless    MOUSE: Logitech G402   MOUSE PAD: goliathus control xl.   MONITOR: Acer ED347CKR+ LG 25UM58  Speakers: Edifier R1280T+Polk psw505.

Laptop: Thinkpad t450s i7 5600u/8gb/ 240gb.                        

folding right now!!! how to get the client to use full gpu??

PC: CPU: i7 8700@4.3 Ghz     GPU:gtx 1070@2050Mhz/4000Mhz     MOTHERBOARD:Gigabyte H310m       RAM: DDR4 2666       POWERSUPPLY: Great Wall 650W  

SSD:SanDisk 120GB   HDD: Toshiba 1TB.         

KEYBOARD: Redragon Kumara 10keyless    MOUSE: Logitech G402   MOUSE PAD: goliathus control xl.   MONITOR: Acer ED347CKR+ LG 25UM58  Speakers: Edifier R1280T+Polk psw505.

Laptop: Thinkpad t450s i7 5600u/8gb/ 240gb.                        

Here's a quick tut, go on their site, and register yourself a passkey. Then, download the F@H client, and in the install, put in your passkey, team number (223518), and your username. Then, go into the client and see that's everythings working. When you have done so, change the "Novice" option for expert, go into configure, slots, then press edit on both slots (edit one first OFC), and then scroll down to "Extra slot options"; press add, and then for name, put in "client-type", and for value, put it at "advanced". Then repeat the step on the other slot. I hope this helped.
Nice job Crispy!

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

folding right now!!! how to get the client to use full gpu??
The client should auto configure the GPU client slot if you have a compatible card.

I have a few almost broken old laptops i can contribute! It wont be much but every little helps!
Yep - every little bit helps!