The Jolla Tablet

Opcode

Source & IndieGOGO

Jolla’s core value is freedom of choice for our community. That’s why we’ve picked Intel’s innovation platform, backed by open source, to power the Jolla Tablet.

At 32GB, the Jolla tablet will have the space and hardware potential to be customised, and if you happen run out, there’s always the option to expand with a micro-SD memory card.

Sailfish OS deserves a great display to accompany it – and it will. At 330ppi, Jolla Tablet’s display will match the resolution of iPad Mini 3.

Side by side, Jolla Tablet is up there with the market's top offering. What's more, by contributing now you are entitled to a special discount. Should Jolla Tablet be sold after this campaign, the expected retail price is 249 USD.

CCBDmDs.png

UPDATE

Along with new funding goals.

Goal One: $1.5 million

Already pretty much there, reaching $1.5m in pledges will see Jolla work to add support for microSD cards of up to 128 GB in size. Jolla Tablet already supports cards up to 32GB in size, but if it can wangle support for larger capacities it means more media, more apps, and more selfies for everyone.

Goal Two: $1.75 million

The second goal will see Jolla’s developers add split-screen functionality to Sailfish OS, allowing two apps to run on screen side-by-side.

Goal Three: $2.5 million

The third (and so far final) stretch goal will add a cellular option to backers (at first in Europe, where Jolla is based and already familiar with the cellular approval process).

ah yes sailfish that well know os??

but you know what i like, the thickness (not taperered edges its still quite thin but its always that big). id rather have a thicker tablet with more free space, easier component access and better thermals. then an ultra thin one

I'm not exactly a fan of crowdfunding or tablets, but yay for Jolla.

Kindle Fire > All

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

ah yes sailfish that well know os??

It's a successor to the OS Nokia used before Windows, developed by a lot of the same people who developed that.

I am put off by the OS, It just wont have the software and applications support.... which basically makes it a no buy for me

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

ok good , but can you flash a ANDROID rom ? .. no1 cares about new operating systems

CPU : i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Cooler : NH-D14 | GPU : Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 [OC] | MB : Asus Z87-Pro | RAM : A-DATA 8GB 1600Mhz CL9 XPG Black | SSD : 850Evo 250GB

That looks really interesting but the battery seems a little too small for my taste. But other than that it's look freaking awesome

It's bigger and thicker than iPad mini 3 yet has a smaller battery. I don't know how Jolla is when it comes to power consumption but I doubt it is better than iOS.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

It runs most Android and Linux software unmodified.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sailfish_OS#Software_availability

Oh ok, that makes it a little more interesting 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I am put off by the OS, It just wont have the software and applications support.... which basically makes it a no buy for me

It runs all Android apps natively so the only thing that will feel different is how the OS works which seems to be relatively simple and intuitive so I don't see why you would be put of by it.

Overall the tablet seems like a pretty high end one and looks pretty nice along with attractive price. The smaller battery compared to other devices is questionable but I guess time will tell how well the OS operates and deals with the power management.

It runs all Android apps natively so the only thing that will feel different is how the OS works which seems to be relatively simple and intuitive so I don't see why you would be put of by it.

Overall the tablet seems like a pretty high end one and looks pretty nice along with attractive price. The smaller battery compared to other devices is questionable but I guess time will tell how well the OS operates and deals with the power management.

I did not realise it would natively run android apps, I guess the question is, will it have access to the store, or will you have to sideload?

The OS looks quite pretty and it seems very fluid and intuitive, the hardware looks nice and well built too which is a major plus

But I still question how easy it will be getting your favourite apps and programs on, if its super simple, then this could be a pretty awesome piece of kit. 

holyshit the reached 380,000 is 2 hours !!!

anyways i really like the sailfish OS it comes from the souls of the dead OSes that come before it

maemo meego etc :)\they held soo much promise but soo little ambition

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I did not realise it would natively run android apps, I guess the question is, will it have access to the store, or will you have to sideload?

The OS looks quite pretty and it seems very fluid and intuitive, the hardware looks nice and well built too which is a major plus

But I still question how easy it will be getting your favourite apps and programs on, if its super simple, then this could be a pretty awesome piece of kit.

It can't have access to the store. It'll be like Blackberry. Sideload or use other stores.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

holyshit the reached 380,000 is 2 hours !!!

anyways i really like the sailfish OS it comes from the souls of the dead OSes that come before it

maemo meego etc :)\they held soo much promise but soo little ambition

I checked it about 2h ago and they were on something like 420k... now on $579,552. They sure are getting a hell of a funding support.

It can't have access to the store. It'll be like Blackberry. Sideload or use other stores.

I hate fucking around like that

I would rather spend the extra cash on a bigger battery...

I have a feeling it'll end up just like the Jolla phone... A flop.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

There's also an article about it on omgubuntu looks quite nice. Although I have no idea what the os is gonna be like, not that it matters... ☺

Stefano Mosconi is someone I look up to. I have been working with him for a few years, this company is doing some great things. If you can support this, please do.

I hate fucking around like that

The idea is if everything goes right for Jolla your main source of apps won't be Android but native apps for the Jolla itself. Being able to run Android apps will be a bonus then.

That is of course if Jolla catches on. I don't think so. If Blackberry couldn't do it, they cannot do it. But who knows, maybe they'll be the biggest OS ever in 2 years. I would be happy to eat my words.

The idea is if everything goes right for Jolla your main source of apps won't be Android but native apps for the Jolla itself. Being able to run Android apps will be a bonus then.

That is of course if Jolla catches on. I don't think so. If Blackberry couldn't do it, they cannot do it. But who knows, maybe they'll be the biggest OS ever in 2 years. I would be happy to eat my words.

Thats exactly my opinion too, a tablet lives or dies on its own app store