I NEED HELP! LIKE NOW! URGENT!

anthonytran7757

no no if it is dry use the Arctic Silver cleaner. It's a two stage cleaner and its around 4 dollars. Also, use a good thermal compound like mx4 or shin estu

where would i get that? and okay ill put my bother board socket side down.

You can get the cleaner here.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

You can get the cleaner here.

is it available at NCIX? because im only 17 and my parents have strict rules on stuff and they dont particularly like ordering things online...

Yes. I believe those are normal.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Here's the cleaner you wanted from NCIX. http://us.ncix.com/p...e=Arctic Silver

alright thanks man. you're awesome. you too BroKenFingers. thanks for all your help! ill wait for 3 days and not do anything. to see what happens. oh yeah one other question. will computer become worse by frantically trying to turn it on a bunch of times? because i did that a couple times before i posted on the forum.

alright thanks man. you're awesome. you too BroKenFingers. thanks for all your help! ill wait for 3 days and not do anything. to see what happens. oh yeah one other question. will computer become worse by frantically trying to turn it on a bunch of times? because i did that a couple times before i posted on the forum.

I don't think so. You should be fine, but I could be wrong. But do you mean continually pushing the power button?

I don't think so. You should be fine, but I could be wrong. But do you mean continually pushing the power button?

yeah basically button smashing the power button...

yeah basically button smashing the power button...

Honestly, if the water caused the computer to shut off...you may have killed it. Where did the water hit the motherboard?

Honestly, if the water caused the computer to shut off...you may have killed it. Where did the water hit the motherboard?

the water hit the top of my case where there are some holes and it went through. just about around the CPU socket area. is that bad?

the water hit the top of my case where there are some holes and it went through. just about around the CPU socket area. is that bad?

Was it a lot of water?

Was it a lot of water?

it was a couple of drops, nothing close to a cup of water or anything like that

it was a couple of drops, nothing close to a cup of water or anything like that

A couple of drops shouldn't do any damage I don't think. Though trying to turn it on doesn't help. But we'll see.

A couple of drops shouldn't do any damage I don't think. Though trying to turn it on doesn't help. But we'll see.

when's the next time i should put it all back together to check if it works?

when's the next time i should put it all back together to check if it works?

Whenever the next day is for you. Not sure where you live.

Whenever the next day is for you. Not sure where you live.

i live in the same city as linus

You will need to go slow. Get your TIM cleaner and some thermal paste..clean up the CPU and check every part of your MB,GPU and PSU. You will want to see if there is any corrosion on the surface of the MB. The CPU socket will need to be look at very carefully for any discolored pins.Do you have a tower case or desktop case ?

Your best effort is the easiest thing to give to someone else..

So it's about 9:30 where you live?

You will need to go slow. Get your TIM cleaner and some thermal paste..clean up the CPU and check every part of your MB,GPU and PSU. You will want to see if there is any corrosion on the surface of the MB. The CPU socket will need to be look at very carefully for any discolored pins.Do you have a tower case or desktop case ?

what is a TIM cleaner? and what is the difference between tower and desktop? as you can see i am an UBER noob.

Thermal Interface Material..T.I.M..sorry..In a tower case the MB has the socket in a vertical plane relative to the base..A desktop case has the socket in a horizontal plane relative to the base..

Your best effort is the easiest thing to give to someone else..