iPhone 6 Plus S or whatever will be the “Biggest Camera Jump Ever”

Ebenesh

No word about increasing the sensor size or it's resolution of the sensor on the next gen iPhone however, according to Daring Fireball’s John Gruber 

The specific thing I heard is that next year’s camera might be the biggest camera jump ever, Gruber said. “I don’t even know what sense this makes, but I’ve heard that it’s some kind of weird two-lens system where the back camera uses two lenses and it somehow takes it up to DSLR quality imagery.

Source

Apple-iPhone-6-and-6-Plus-6-630x419.jpg

Well yet another camera that destroys my G12...

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

some kind of weird two-lens system where the back camera uses two lenses and it somehow takes it up to DSLR quality imagery

This line will make anyone who understands photography/cameras on a technical level cringe so bad it should be on /r/cringe.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Will it too...also bend? :P

#Bendgate

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

This line will make anyone who understands photography/cameras on a technical level cringe so bad it should be on /r/cringe.

I'd put it there, but I'm too busy cringing. 

This also isn't news. Its fucking speculation. The worst kind of speculation. Ugh. Do you guys even give a shit about the shit you post in Tech News anymore? 

I'd put it there, but I'm too busy cringing. 

This also isn't news. Its fucking speculation. The worst kind of speculation. Ugh. Do you guys even give a shit about the shit you post in Tech News anymore? 

No, few people do. Maybe yourself, Johners, Dietrichw, SnowComet, TopWargamer and a couple of others actually do.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

SLR quality Photos on a iphone might get scary if you buy a lower storage version considering photos could start to take up a lot more space,  obv not going to be raw images but still high file sizes

Yes Yes Legalize Gay Marriage sure, but have you ever considered Weaponizing Gay?

CPU: I5 4690 3.5ghz || MOBO: MSI B85-G43 Gaming Board || RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengance Pro - Red || GPU: Gainward GTX770 Phantom 4gb || PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W Gold || Case: Thermaltake Urban T31 || SSD: Corsair Force 120GB || HDD: 1TB WD Black

more megapixels = the digital zoom will actually be usable lol

that is all i really want from the iPhone. the camera lenses and stuff themselves are great for the phone. just want more pixels so i can use the zoom without it looking grainy

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

No, few people do. Maybe yourself, Johners, Dietrichw, SnowComet, TopWargamer and a couple of others actually do.

I'm not saying its a lost cause, but hey, we're getting there...

And to the OP; the day my iPhone can either replicate the quality of a D800 or give me the ~50mb RAW file to play with or give me better optics that can allow it to rival a DSLR shot like this, I think I'll rest easy. I would love to have a smaller and smaller device that can rival the heavyweights of the camera industry, but the fact is cameras truly are a you get what you pay for segment. 

10648449_10152204469446653_3824457068860

This whole "phones beating DSLRs" malarky has been around for a long time. Nokia's PureView and 1020 were great, sure, but they were no "DSLR killers". They were just very, very good for phones. DSLRs are more than just their MP count and sensors. Largely, the optics play a big role. Its why my camera body might only cost me 2500. But a single lens cost me 3000. There is a very good reason for that. 

Do I want better mobile phone shots? Absolutely. Am I idiotic enough to think that pathetically small sensors and near useless lenses will ever replace one? Nope. Not until Canon says "we're giving Apple our L level glass to shove into the iPhone" and Sony says "we've shrunk the Hasselblad sensor into something that fits into an iPhone". 

Technically the iPhone 6 has a very outdated Exmor R IMX sensor. The iPhone 6s will likely have the new Sony IMX sensor.

It's the software rather than the hardware in this case. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

I still feel that the Nokia Lumia was the "Biggest camera jump" so far. Also the biggest camera, I suppose.

-picture-

But it used an off brand sensor and took a considerable amount of time to process the images. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz