[Central] Food thread

Go to solution Solved by Mutoh,
51 minutes ago, coolkingler1 said:

None, lol, just the shape (triangular?) resembles it. :P

Its actually just depth perception I think! The piece of fish was cut into a rectangle but the tail of the fish tapers off a bit giving a bit of a triangle look from that angle.

24 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Hot Cheetos are the best kind of chips, fight me.

16 minutes ago, coolkingler1 said:

Funny man.... Lays ketchup flavour is best. 

Hot Cheetos are pretty good but like

Harvest Cheddar Sun Chips > Garden Salsa Sun Chips > French Onion Sun Chips > Doritos (Nacho > Spicy Nacho > Cool Ranch) > BBQ Lays > Hot Cheetos > Cheetos > Regular Lays

the American version of All Dressed is alright for awhile then kinda gets boring.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

6 minutes ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

Hot Cheetos are pretty good but like

Harvest Cheddar Sun Chips > Garden Salsa Sun Chips > French Onion Sun Chips > Doritos (Nacho > Spicy Nacho > Cool Ranch) > BBQ Lays > Hot Cheetos > Cheetos > Regular Lays

the American version of All Dressed is alright for awhile then kinda gets boring.

I only know 5 of those chips or flavours, lol. I honestly rarely have chips anymore.... It's mostly sandwiches or entire meals for me now.

12 hours ago, coolkingler1 said:

Looking good though, at the time then, lol.

Thanks! Forgot about this thread for a bit but I'm glad you bumped it from the dead! xD

10 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Yeah, that flavor doesn't exist in the United States, to my knowledge. Then again I'm used to seeing the Limon flavor, which no other regions probably have.

Ketchup chips are a Canadian thing but you can get them in some places in the States for sure (and I'm sure abroad)

Anywho, I've been mostly keeping up with cooking but I've been trying new things for plating and stuff to make it a bit interesting.

This was a piece of salmon that I was experimenting on:

u7mc3VS.jpg

It's basically just a simple salmon filet wrapped with asparagus and westphalian ham. The ham was held on with a bit of whole grain mustard and then the fish was topped with a bit of a beurre blanc. Potatoes were super whipped with some butter, chives, heavy cream and a bit of nutmeg.

Also had this bad boy which I guess would be called Allo Scoglio:

3lI6JPb.png

A mix of mussels and shrimp done in a light sauce of shallots, garlic, olive oil, fresh lemon and wine along with the juices of the seafood. Really nice and simple dish if you want something light but also full of flavor.

And finally, a classic steak:

Xa2JmA5.jpg

Don't really need anything on these puppies but salt and pepper. Once in a while I'll make a chimichurri on the side for people that want something. 

Just now, Mutoh said:

Thanks! Forgot about this thread for a bit but I'm glad you bumped it from the dead! xD

Ketchup chips are a Canadian thing but you can get them in some places in the States for sure (and I'm sure abroad)

Anywho, I've been mostly keeping up with cooking but I've been trying new things for plating and stuff to make it a bit interesting.

This was a piece of salmon that I was experimenting on:

u7mc3VS.jpg

It's basically just a simple salmon filet wrapped with asparagus and westphalian ham. The ham was held on with a bit of whole grain mustard and then the fish was topped with a bit of a beurre blanc. Potatoes were super whipped with some butter, chives, heavy cream and a bit of nutmeg.

Also had this bad boy which I guess would be called Allo Scoglio:

3lI6JPb.png

A mix of mussels and shrimp done in a light sauce of shallots, garlic, olive oil, fresh lemon and wine along with the juices of the seafood. Really nice and simple dish if you want something light but also full of flavor.

And finally, a classic steak:

Xa2JmA5.jpg

Don't really need anything on these puppies but salt and pepper. Once in a while I'll make a chimichurri on the side for people that want something. 

That steak looks like heaven!

The salmon filet's shape resembles a slice of piece, on top of whipped cream, haha. But I am sure it tasted very good, you make good photos too!

26 minutes ago, coolkingler1 said:

That steak looks like heaven!

The salmon filet's shape resembles a slice of piece, on top of whipped cream, haha. But I am sure it tasted very good, you make good photos too!

Thanks!

Im curious though, what kind of pizza and whip cream are you eating that looks like that? LOL :P

4 minutes ago, Mutoh said:

Thanks!

Im curious though, what kind of pizza and whip cream are you eating that looks like that? LOL :P

51 minutes ago, coolkingler1 said:

Its actually just depth perception I think! The piece of fish was cut into a rectangle but the tail of the fish tapers off a bit giving a bit of a triangle look from that angle.