[Central] Food thread

Go to solution Solved by Mutoh,
51 minutes ago, coolkingler1 said:

None, lol, just the shape (triangular?) resembles it. :P

Its actually just depth perception I think! The piece of fish was cut into a rectangle but the tail of the fish tapers off a bit giving a bit of a triangle look from that angle.

I see, the same here where I live. A real shame really. :(

Have you ever made your own noodles before?

Have you ever made your own noodles before?

I tried making ramen noodles once, but they turned out wrong (too thick maybe) though they tasted pretty good to me. I'm better at making my own bread, and not very good any making other stuff from scratch unfortunately.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I tried making ramen noodles once, but they turned out wrong (too thick maybe) though they tasted pretty good to me. I'm better at making my own bread, and not very good any making other stuff from scratch unfortunately.

I find noodles easier than bread since I have more control in the process of creation. So far all my bread this year has turned out very doughy and not airy enough. :( It just takes practice to perfect the form.

I find noodles easier than bread since I have more control in the process of creation. So far all my bread this year has turned out very doughy and not airy enough. :( It just takes practice to perfect the form.

That's what I heard. My dough comes out really doughy too, not very tasty. Everyone I talk to about it tells me you just have to keep practising and then you just get it, like some forgotten memory or something I guess. When I first tried, my dough was super thick and completely nasty, but with time it at least became edible. :lol:

Do you have a preferred video or tutorial on making noodles? I'd like to try it again, but would hate to waste the ingredients.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

That's what I heard. My dough comes out really doughy too, not very tasty. Everyone I talk to about it tells me you just have to keep practising and then you just get it, like some forgotten memory or something I guess. When I first tried, my dough was super thick and completely nasty, but with time it at least became edible. :lol:

Do you have a preferred video or tutorial on making noodles? I'd like to try it again, but would hate to waste the ingredients.

I think the only one I actually watched was from Alton Brown.. :ph34r: After that I just experimented with different methods.

BAM

http://www.notquitenigella.com/2014/03/31/ramen-diy-recipe/

to supplement the recipe. you really need to beat the shit out of that dough when you knead it to give the noodles the proper mouthfeel

if you can't find the alkali... lye water I think you can make a replacement by cooking baking soda or something either way the recipe yielded noodles reminicient of what I had in Japan.

as for broth.... thats another story I think I have a handle on it I'm waiting for the cold winter months so I don't dump un-necessary heat into my house

Wow! I was really thinking no one would reply saying they have tried it (and liked it no less)! I'm glad to see it though.  :lol:

I thought I was looking a stock photo for foodnetwork!

That looks delicious! But what is it?

Thanks for the compliment  :P

It's just a really simple ragu/bolognese sauce. Ground beef/pork with onions, carrots, and celery with a small addition of tomato paste simmered with a bit of stock for about 45min. I added mushrooms this time because I had some leftover.

Thanks for the compliment  :P

It's just a really simple ragu/bolognese sauce. Ground beef/pork with onions, carrots, and celery with a small addition of tomato paste simmered with a bit of stock for about 45min. I added mushrooms this time because I had some leftover.

Well I certainly have to try it now, it looks really good! 

Well I certainly have to try it now, it looks really good! 

Here's the video where I learned how to make it. The only really annoying part is cutting the veggies (if you're unskilled like me) and cleaning up the pots and pans afterwards. I usually make it with spaghetti noodles but I tried fettuccine this time.

My first attempt at macaroni cheese... Turned out better than I expected which says a lot  :lol: Hate cooking; love eating.

photo.jpg

That looks utterly disgusting, cheddar cheese really? that's trash. get sum Gouda

The top patty looks like a crab burger thing and the usageof ketchup is also wrong. 4/10 MCDonalds grade burger.

+1 on the ketchup

But what bothers me is the hot dog... just why.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

- videos -

You can't beat Captain Slow, it would've been fun to see Jeremy though, maybe cook with an hammer. 

You can't beat Captain Slow, it would've been fun to see Jeremy though, maybe cook with an hammer. 

There is an episode with him as well xD

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

A Coca Cola light shame on u

Please, I'd only get straight coke, not this "light" bullshit.

Please, I'd only get straight coke, not this "light" bullshit.

Am I the only person that only likes diet coke, and not regular?  :wacko: Too sugary for me

Am I the only person that only likes diet coke, and not regular?  :wacko: Too sugary for me

Probably :P

I'm drinking Almdudler right now actually..

So good.

Oh the irony... Austria is far closer to Serbia than to USA, and this is the first time i heard about it (Almdudler)... Our market sucks... -_-

It's US and A you can't compete.

The problem isn't competing, the problem is that there's too much monopoly on our market... We only have one big potato chips manufacturer, with maybe 1 (or 2) smaller ones...

You know, i'd like to get to choose something different every now and then...