[Central] Food thread

Go to solution Solved by Mutoh,
51 minutes ago, coolkingler1 said:

None, lol, just the shape (triangular?) resembles it. :P

Its actually just depth perception I think! The piece of fish was cut into a rectangle but the tail of the fish tapers off a bit giving a bit of a triangle look from that angle.

13 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

Love this channel.

Recently discovered the joy of grilling bratwurst. Muuuch better than plain old hot dogs.

Chef John is great! One of my favorite foodtubers for sure. 

• 2 weeks later...

Try Blokhouse in Germany (stuttgart). Best burger I've ever had. 

CPU: AMD 3800X GPU: GTX 1080 Ti RAM: (16GB) 2x Corsair 8gb DDR4 3200Mhz Drives: SanDisk 240GB SSD, Samsung 500GB SSD, WD 1TB HDD

Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming pro plus PSU: Gigabyte 650 watt Monitor(s): 27 inch AOC 1440p

Went to my mates bar the other day & just had to have the burger of the week the "Hawaii Five Oh" pulled pork, 220g beef patty, bacon, onion, swiss cheese, jack daniels bbq sauce, special sauce, lettuce & char grilled pineapple. Damn it was good. Well worth the $21 I paid. Didn't feel hungry the rest of the day, pretty normal when I visit there..

IMG_1503.thumb.JPG.c99e3fe5ee1fe2a709d712bd9141ec58.JPG

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

3 hours ago, Virus__ said:

Went to my mates bar the other day & just had to have the burger of the week the "Hawaii Five Oh" pulled pork, 220g beef patty, bacon, onion, swiss cheese, jack daniels bbq sauce, special sauce, lettuce & char grilled pineapple. Damn it was good. Well worth the $21 I paid. Didn't feel hungry the rest of the day, pretty normal when I visit there..

IMG_1503.thumb.JPG.c99e3fe5ee1fe2a709d712bd9141ec58.JPG

Thats a monster burger! Looks amazing.

7 hours ago, Mutoh said:

Thats a monster burger! Looks amazing.

Mate. It was so good. I should find some pictures of the other burgers i've had there!

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

Chicken Katsu with fries. Was too lazy to cook, as always.

20180327_174248-1.thumb.jpg.0f2086efed9eef21225a7a1ea1a605f8.jpg

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

Looks great!

I have a bit of extra time today since Im off work early so I might check out the market and see what I can grab for cheap. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Ended up doing a risotto last night. Nothing fancy, just some courgettes, shallots, roasted red peppers and a small lobster for some protein. Finished it off with some parmigiano reggiano as well:

mH9vMNT.png 

It was really good but it was also pretty rich so I think I might be eating light this week. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Decided I wanted a burger for dinner, so I made one with a home made bun. Was pretty good, beef, bacon, onion, jalepeno's, chipotle seasoning, smoked sweet paprika & outback bbq sauce in the patty, tasted amazing.

IMG_2220.thumb.JPG.90fb118cf918c8153e5ee5febabe427c.JPG

Looks great! Weather is getting nicer around these parts so I think the BBQ is going to be fired up soon. 

10 hours ago, Mutoh said:

Looks great! Weather is getting nicer around these parts so I think the BBQ is going to be fired up soon. 

It was damn good. I was glad I went & bought the super premium mine that is $12/kg at a local butcher since it's all of about 3% fat. Makes the best burgers in my opinion.

Unfortunately I had to wolf these Greek chicken shish kabobs down because class was in ten minutes. :( ?

20180423_134407-1.thumb.jpg.111624677f26dd8ffc9eab961bfdd800.jpg

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

13 hours ago, Virus__ said:

It was damn good. I was glad I went & bought the super premium mine that is $12/kg at a local butcher since it's all of about 3% fat. Makes the best burgers in my opinion.

Sounds pretty solid! I usually do a mix of lean and medium ground for my burgers. 

13 hours ago, WhiteJaguar77 said:

Unfortunately I had to wolf these Greek chicken shish kabobs down because class was in ten minutes. :( ?

20180423_134407-1.thumb.jpg.111624677f26dd8ffc9eab961bfdd800.jpg

Those look great, I'd probably wolf them down even if I wasn't in a rush. :)

On 4/16/2018 at 8:35 AM, Mutoh said:

Ended up doing a risotto last night. Nothing fancy, just some courgettes, shallots, roasted red peppers and a small lobster for some protein. Finished it off with some parmigiano reggiano as well:

Looks good!

Reminded me of this video:

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

11 hours ago, Mutoh said:

Sounds pretty solid! I usually do a mix of lean and medium ground for my burgers.

Yeah was pretty good. I like lean because I can't tolerate the fatty taste a lot of mince has here in Australia, some butchers & supermarkets (looking at you Aldi) will cut up to 25% fat into the mix which is just disgusting. It's also sad that supermarkets call 10% fat lean when imo lean should be single digits & they call 18% fat regular.

12 hours ago, Virus__ said:

Yeah was pretty good. I like lean because I can't tolerate the fatty taste a lot of mince has here in Australia, some butchers & supermarkets (looking at you Aldi) will cut up to 25% fat into the mix which is just disgusting. It's also sad that supermarkets call 10% fat lean when imo lean should be single digits & they call 18% fat regular.

You guys actually have leaner meat than we do if that's the case! IIRC regular is considered around 30% fat and medium sits in the 20s here. The only thing that's in single digits here is extra-lean and even that can top up close to 10%

13 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Looks good!

Reminded me of this video:

Thanks! Got a bit of TIL from that video as well! xD

Ended up making some chicken parm last night:

RwMeKp9.png

Instead of using a standard marinara, I made an amatriciana with it instead. Turned out really nice but I'm mega full haha.

• 1 month later...

Is the thread still dead? It's summer season. Any cooks out there hitting the BBQ? :)

Been doing lots of lobster on the grill lately:

VsxypiI.png

Also some pasta and a shitty pizza as well, not on the grill though LOL:

vAuR2Dj.png

g2m61aJ.png

• 2 months later...
On 19/06/2018 at 5:26 PM, Mutoh said:

Is the thread still dead? It's summer season. Any cooks out there hitting the BBQ? :)

Been doing lots of lobster on the grill lately:

VsxypiI.png

Also some pasta and a shitty pizza as well, not on the grill though LOL:

vAuR2Dj.png

g2m61aJ.png

Looking good though, at the time then, lol.

6 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Hot Cheetos are the best kind of chips, fight me.

Funny man.... Lays ketchup flavour is best. 

9 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

oh dear, that exists?

Oh yeah, it's very old tbh, at least a decade I think? Also I haven't had it in many years, keep forgetting about it. 

Just now, coolkingler1 said:

Oh yeah, it's very old tbh, at least a decade I think? Also I haven't had it in many years, keep forgetting about it. 

Yeah, that flavor doesn't exist in the United States, to my knowledge. Then again I'm used to seeing the Limon flavor, which no other regions probably have.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

3 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Yeah, that flavor doesn't exist in the United States, to my knowledge. Then again I'm used to seeing the Limon flavor, which no other regions probably have.

Hmm, not sure if I ever saw that one here...