[Central] Food thread

Go to solution Solved by Mutoh,
51 minutes ago, coolkingler1 said:

None, lol, just the shape (triangular?) resembles it. :P

Its actually just depth perception I think! The piece of fish was cut into a rectangle but the tail of the fish tapers off a bit giving a bit of a triangle look from that angle.

34 minutes ago, techswede said:

*Ding* fries aren't done. But the burgers are

zwvKjQp.jpg

Today's dinner. To my horror i realized that i didn't have any vegetables at all.. I usually have at least paprika and cucumber..

But bacon goes in bacon salads therefore i'll call it a salad. Added some cheddar on there and barbecue spices.

Along with pickles, Ketchup, spicy mustard and burger dressing. And real bread. Because fuck that special bread. And to hell with the consequences.

Some canada dry ginger ale to wash it all down as well. 

Was only going to make one burger but another burger fell out of the package and into the pan. Hence two burgers and no fries. 

Looks so good man. And that bread looks incredible

2 minutes ago, coolkingler1 said:

Looks so good man. And that bread looks incredible

Its a frisco bun (At least that's what it says on the packaging) 

A bit sweeter than regular burger buns. I dig it. 

Was really missing a bit of salad on it though. And sliced tomatoes. But at least i had pickles. 

Looking forward to sunday too. Not just for the sirloin. Got some mead as well. 

Haven't tried mead more than once or twice. But i've been assured that the one i bought last tuesday is supposed to be real good.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

3 minutes ago, techswede said:

Got some mead as well. 

So what, you're a Skyrim guard now? Next thing you're going to be talking about about sweetrolls. :P

5 minutes ago, coolkingler1 said:

So what, you're a Skyrim guard now? Next thing you're going to be talking about about sweetrolls. :P

Let me guess.. Someone stole yours?

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

On 7/28/2017 at 1:19 AM, coolkingler1 said:

Never had oysters, they don't look appealing though.

What are flautas? Looks good.

Flautas are kind of like a mini taco but theyre wrapped up almost like a burrito and fried til its crispy.

Anywho, was at my cottage last weekend with a few buddies. Brought up a nice tomahawk steak to share with everybody. I had a rub I threw together but I decided that the meat was too nice to cover in rub so I just went with a simple salt and pepper combo:

sMavVkq.jpg

Turned out really nice but it took forever to cook.

Just had something pretty nostalgic

Makrelsalat

1920px-Graasten_makrelsalat_20140615.jpg

Mackerel in tomato sauce mixed with mayo on rye. 

So damn good. But judging by a reaction to my most recent status update about it it may just be a danish/scandiwegian thing.

5 hours ago, techswede said:

Just had something pretty nostalgic

Makrelsalat

1920px-Graasten_makrelsalat_20140615.jpg

Mackerel in tomato sauce mixed with mayo on rye. 

So damn good. But judging by a reaction to my most recent status update about it it may just be a danish/scandiwegian thing.

I probably wouldn't be too crazy about the mayo, but otherwise it sounds pretty good. Speaking of fish, I cooked up a piece of salmon this week. Ended up using some olive oil, lemon juice, some lemon zest, rosemary, salt and pepper for something simple to drizzle on the fish and did up some rice and asparagus too for sides:

jqe6Aks.jpg

Wish I had some fresh rosemary but it was late and I was lazy so I wasn't gonna go to the store just for that. Either way, the dried stuff still worked out and the fish was still really good. Went really nice with the Riesling I bought :)

Man i want to get this framed

0YOuOG4.jpg

10 minutes ago, techswede said:

Man i want to get this framed

Want

I want to eat dinner already but I woke up one a half hours ago due to a bad sleeping schedule, pff.

Not too big with meat.

Of course, I love burgers and sandwiches, but I don't like eating ribs or steak itself.

I'm a really big sushi person. Love my nigiri, sashimi, temaki... I drool every time someone puts anything sushi related in front of me. The one thing that frustrates me is the trendy stuff, like sushi burritos, donuts, and other things. I like things really traditional.

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

27 minutes ago, Hiitchy said:

I'm a really big sushi person. Love my nigiri, sashimi, temaki... I drool every time someone puts anything sushi related in front of me. The one thing that frustrates me is the trendy stuff, like sushi burritos, donuts, and other things. I like things really traditional.

Ayy I love sushi too. Especially nigiri.

23 hours ago, Hiitchy said:

I'm in the same boat. This weekend I went with a buddy to a sushi place that he was raving about. I let him order so he got a random platter which was alright with me. What wasn't alright was all the sushi was super weird. One of them was a cream cheese, cooked salmon and negi deep fried in a tempura batter. The other ones were also pretty odd too and I'm pretty sure one of them was soaked in donburi sauce.

The saddest part was I was looking forward to the sashimi expecting it to be normal but nope. They had dressed it in a lime and soy sauce blend with peppers and covered it in roe. Honestly though, the rolls were done really nice and the fish selection was really awesome. If it was regular sushi I think I would've like the place way better. 

On another note, was bored and did up some lamb last night on the BBQ. I usually sear it in a pan first and bake it to finish it off but I was lazy and it was a nice night. 

upZwdRB.jpg

Was gonna make a side with it but I wasn't super hungry so I opted out. 

19 hours ago, Mutoh said:

I'm in the same boat. This weekend I went with a buddy to a sushi place that he was raving about. I let him order so he got a random platter which was alright with me. What wasn't alright was all the sushi was super weird. One of them was a cream cheese, cooked salmon and negi deep fried in a tempura batter. The other ones were also pretty odd too and I'm pretty sure one of them was soaked in donburi sauce.

The saddest part was I was looking forward to the sashimi expecting it to be normal but nope. They had dressed it in a lime and soy sauce blend with peppers and covered it in roe. Honestly though, the rolls were done really nice and the fish selection was really awesome. If it was regular sushi I think I would've like the place way better. 

On another note, was bored and did up some lamb last night on the BBQ. I usually sear it in a pan first and bake it to finish it off but I was lazy and it was a nice night. 

upZwdRB.jpg

Was gonna make a side with it but I wasn't super hungry so I opted out. 

Damn, you make me hungry...

Found a properly solid wok pan in a local store <3

28720.jpeg

Almost forgot to mention that i baked today.

mums.jpg

http://www.swedishfood.com/swedish-food-recipes-biscuits-cakes/304-love-treats

Had some friends over for coffee so i thought "Why not" They are stupid easy to make. 

I substituted the flour with special flour for mine and they came out a tad dry. But eh. 

My guts did not like my cheating with regular bread. So now i'm back on the dull stuff.

Some food related post...

There was a episode of Iron Chef America where one of the judges was Chinese-American chef Martin Yan, some Japanese actress, and this other person who I can't remember. One of the dishes they had to sample was pizza. Each of them got their own personal pan along with a pizza cutter. The Japanese actress took the pizza cutter, and had no idea how to cut it. She was about to cut it into square cubes, until she took a quick glance at Martin Yan, who cut a triangle slice, and so she did the same thing.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

16 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

Some food related post...

There was a episode of Iron Chef America where one of the judges was Chinese-American chef Martin Yan, some Japanese actress, and this other person who I can't remember. One of the dishes they had to sample was pizza. Each of them got their own personal pan along with a pizza cutter. The Japanese actress took the pizza cutter, and had no idea how to cut it. She was about to cut it into square cubes, until she took a quick glance at Martin Yan, who cut a triangle slice, and so she did the same thing.

I don't think cutting it into squares is that out of the ordinary though. Especially Sicilian style pizza or pizza al taglio.

Unless she was doing something like mini cubes which would've been hilarious to see. xD

32 minutes ago, Mutoh said:

I don't think cutting it into squares is that out of the ordinary though. Especially Sicilian style pizza or pizza al taglio.

Unless she was doing something like mini cubes which would've been hilarious to see. xD

It was a round pizza, she was about to cut it like the, longitudes and latitudes lines on a freaking map.

And their feedback was...

Martin Yan

*takes a bite* This is good!

*takes another bite, and drinks beer* Now this is even better!

Japanese actress

Can't remember what she said, something, something, something, too oily. She says "it's too oily" in majority of the dishes she tried. -_-

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

• 2 weeks later...

Made a cordon bleu last night. Turned out decent. :)

Start here:

XF8oues.jpg

End here:

fxguC2J.jpg

Worst part about quitting smoking is that my tastebuds are recovering. Everything tastes different.. Bleh.

Finally wok'd for the first time in forever

tFeyR2Q.jpg

On 1-9-2017 at 5:28 PM, techswede said:

Worst  best part about quitting smoking is that my tastebuds are recovering.