Linus's New Vids

CartertheCOCguy

linus does low end tech reviews as often as top gear does low end cars.

i like the ram and 48tb nas stuff. thats my interest,

yeah i didnt watch the baby monitor video, but hey if we liked every video we would probably be a bit weird.

nah the last four weeks have been straight expensive items, unless you count the paper airplane

Because Top Gear is funny. Linus isn't. Also Top gear does low end car reviews and they are some of their best.

Acually I watch Linus because of his personality of him and his crew. There are hundres of places I can watch reviews and unboxings of tech... but I am not subscribed to any others nor watch others regularly

I like the personality, humour etc of Linus and crew - 

ACtually these types of videos are some of their most funny ones. Nobody wants to see 100k lamborghinis for the 4th time!

Top gear - i agree, they have a mixture, they have the review of a new Kia, or a basic ford, and they also have the fun stuff, just as linus will review low end hardware, and other quirky items

its not all just mid price PC components, it ranges anywhere from a 10$ magnetic screw holder to $2500 5k imac

ALSO

Who I am personally interested in super high end hardware, I have a decent paying job, and can genuinely purchase some of the items, also it helps my knowledge of tech grow, if I need to help out a friend or business I know more about that hardware,

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Of course his videos are for money views, he has a family feed, a company to run and people to pay. That doesn't mean his videos are bad or anything.

A lack of affordable tech? It's not just casuals that can only spend about $100 on their PC a year that watch Linus, he's just providing content for a wider audience. There's people that are willing to spend more than you that also watch Linus.

Well he makes enough to support a family, employ six people and put money into expensive camera equipment. Don't think Linus is some poor martyr sacrificing himself for the good of all of us. This is a business. Linus is in it to make money. The day Linus stops making a profit is the day we don't get content (or at least full time high quality content). I don't think this is going to happen any time soon though. Linus has done well for himself. He has some reach into a couple of different markets and that makes him valuable for the companies in these markets. This means profit! Makes him dangerous too (i.e.  "Keep on Diggin" seems to be a widely used internet term for Ubi). Hope he doesn't get sued because that mean bye bye profit.

@CartertheCOCguy

I think it less to do with money and more to do with keeping up a consistent 1 video per day strategy. If you have a problem with that... well what the hell do you expect? There is a limited amount of content so the odd time that mean you get a random video. Linus isn't here to please everybody. He is here to make content. If you like it great; if not, deal with it.

Not trying to be mean but I don't know what you expect.

nah mate! its YOUR opinion, i dont have the right to judge

linus does low end tech reviews as often as top gear does low end cars.

i like the ram and 48tb nas stuff. thats my interest,

yeah i didnt watch the baby monitor video, but hey if we liked every video we would probably be a bit weird.

When was the last time Linus revied a mid range CPU cooler that stands out from its competition? Stuff like that is missing recently. Just an example...

Linus isn't funny?!?! 

You obviously have no sense of humor....... :(

I was jsut teasing. :P I really like his humor, that's why the WAN show is my favourite type of video from LMG.

But that's you. There's a lot of people where a 48TB NAS and 128GB of RAM does effect somebody making a buying decision because not everyone thinks like you. I know how to use the Adobe Suite pretty much in its entirety, I can find great use with a 48TB NAS if I were to have several projects going on. Just because it doesn't effect you doesn't mean it won't effect someone. It exists because there's market.

I disagree. It shows a culture and how it evolves, same with everything else in the world.

I am not alone and i state my opinion. If i try to adjust my opinion to something that everybody can live with, i could just stop and not say anything at all...

who cares...

nah the last four weeks have been straight expensive items, unless you count the paper airplane

holiday buyers guide :P

but dont take a small sample size and then use that to make wild claims

what if he makes a video and we all stop watching, then what? no more views=no $$ not a stable career 

In the same way as if you're doing a "normal" 9-5 job and you're no longer needed by the company. You lose your job!

If content doesn't appeal to you, don't watch it :P.

You're 14. I don't think you'd care about a baby monitor anyway, but a lot of the people on this forum may have kids.

And there are only so many 500W PSUs you can review. A lot of the content is expensive because that's what's interesting. It's interesting as most people wouldn't see it anywhere else.

In the same way as if you're doing a "normal" 9-5 job and you're no longer needed by the company. You lose your job!

fair point

When was the last time Linus revied a mid range CPU cooler that stands out from its competition? Stuff like that is missing recently. Just an example...

when was the last time that happened?

i respect your opinion, but there are better ways to go about voicing it than going on a rant.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Acually I watch Linus because of his personality of him and his crew. There are hundres of places I can watch reviews and unboxings of tech... but I am not subscribed to any others nor watch others regularly

I like the personality, humour etc of Linus and crew - 

Top gear - i agree, they have a mixture, they have the review of a new Kia, or a basic ford, and they also have the fun stuff, just as linus will review low end hardware, and other quirky items

its not all just mid price PC components, it ranges anywhere from a 10$ magnetic screw holder to $2500 5k imac

ALSO

Who I am personally interested in super high end hardware, I have a decent paying job, and can genuinely purchase some of the items, also it helps my knowledge of tech grow, if I need to help out a friend or business I know more about that hardware,

Yepp, i can actually 100% +1 that. I was just teasing in comparison to top gear. :P I really like the WAN show for the humor and the tech entertainment.

who cares...

I am not alone and i state my opinion. If i try to adjust my opinion to something that everybody can live with, i could just stop and not say anything at all...

I'm only providing reasoning of why a specific video isn't useless. No, not everyone can afford X object or has use for said object, but someone does and that's the target audience.

An example is saying the Adam & Eve commercials are useless because your best friend is your right hand. Not everyone is in that postion.

Only an example, not saying anything specifically about you.

He also did a 4-way SLI 480 build in the past, and that was way out of most peoples price range.

It probably still is. Intel being Intel still want the LGA 1366, 980X to be silly expensive. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

when was the last time that happened?

The last air cooler was as far as i can tell the bequiet DR 3 Pro 3 months ago. The last budget air cooler was probably the bequiet shadow rock 2 a bazillion years ago. It was just an example.

who cares...

I can pretty much +1 the entire original post, but not what OP said after that. It's not Linus' fault and i don't blame him for taking a brighter path to the expense of loosing part of his viewerships interest. He has to feed a lot of people.

But if we sit in the corner and +1 everything that comes out of Lord Linus' hands like sheep, nothing will ever change. Who the hell cares about a 48 TB NAS or 128 GB RAM?! This is not even close to reality!

Now, I am happy about every video that he puts out for his companys sake but many of them don't interest me lateley. I would want stuff like OP mentioned. Affordable gamer tech.

Because Top Gear is funny. Linus isn't. Also Top gear does low end car reviews and they are some of their best.

I see and have use for my self a 48tb server. The 182gb ram was to show the difference for someone who does that professionally. That ram can make a difference. 

But that's you. There's a lot of people where a 48TB NAS and 128GB of RAM does effect somebody making a buying decision because not everyone thinks like you. I know how to use the Adobe Suite pretty much in its entirety, I can find great use with a 48TB NAS if I were to have several projects going on. Just because it doesn't effect you doesn't mean it won't effect someone. It exists because there's market.

I disagree. It shows a culture and how it evolves, same with everything else in the world.

Well said. 

thats his fault for choosing this as a career

His fault for doing what he wants to do? You are seriously mad that he chose to do what he wants to do because he does not cater to YOUR specific needs?

This is selfish to the maximum

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

I'm only providing reasoning of why a specific video isn't useless. No, not everyone can afford X object or has use for said object, but someone does and that's the target audience.

An example is saying the Adam & Eve commercials are useless because your best friend is your right hand. Not everyone is in that postion.

Only an example, not saying anything specifically about you.

Yepp. I am on your side with "there is no one size fits all". I just want to state that there are parts of his community who would want to see a "different size" again if we want to keep that metaphore... quite a sexual metaphore tbh

who cares...

Yepp. I am on your side with "there is no one size fits all". I just want to state that there are parts of his community who would want to see a "different size" again if we want to keep that metaphore... quite a sexual metaphore tbh

I'm all for videos of different toys, because not everyone enjoys or wants the same thing. But complaining because "Oh he made a video of the biggest one I don't like it because it doesn't fit me" is pretty pointless.

This entire thread should be innuendos.

I see and have use for my self a 48tb server. The 182gb ram was to show the difference for someone who does that professionally. That ram can make a difference. 

Well said. 

How many people do actually need that video? How many professionals decide between 32, 64 and 128 GB? maybe >5% of the audience? This could've been a F.A.P.

who cares...

its my opinion, i PERSONALLY dont like it, u apparently dont give a shit and like it, thats YOUR opinion, i have the right to voice my opinion

I am not mocking your opinion, I am just saying it is pretty ridiculous. You of course have the right to voice your opinion, this is not Soviet Russia. I am just wondering what are you trying to accomplish by making a thread about this? It is not like you can get Linus to stop making content you don't like.

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

How many people do actually need that video? How many professionals decide between 32, 64 and 128 GB? maybe >5% of the audience? This could've been a F.A.P.

It was interesting to see what different amounts of ram did to the performance. I do a lot of editing but can't afford that kind of system now. I still want to see it. That video would not have been a good F.A.P because it didn't explain a concept, it showed the performance difference between amounts of ram.