Linus's New Vids

CartertheCOCguy

Okay... I want to start this topic off saying, i have been subscribed to Linus for years, and these are my OWN opinions.
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()(()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()())()()()()()()()()()()()()

APPLOGY IS HERE: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/254254-re-linuss-new-vids/#entry3482833

Linus's New Vids are for Views and Money

I have been subbed to Linus since i was 11. That's right 11. I'm 14 now, I have been very unimpressed in his content lately. I loved his videos BEFORE he this was a full time job, it seems the latest videos (EX. Baby Monitor, Smart Paper Airplanes, $500+ Earbuds) are all for views. I dont wanna see Linus in the "Suggestions" box in YT if I'm watching a video on a remote control car. Also, another reason I don't like his 'New' content is the lack of 'Affordable' tech. We don't wanna see a video on a $10,000+ 3 way SLI/Crossfire rig that only 1% of us will even be able to SEE in our lifetimes. I would want to see something that we can legitimately can afford. 

PLEASE POST YOUR OPINIONS :)

@Linus_tech

post-59214-0-04627400-1416325191.gif

Well i for one like the eyefinity setup even if i can't afford it its cool as hell.  

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

Do you realize how little money he makes from youtube? He has a wife, two kids, and six employees to pay.

The world doesnt revolve around you. If you have a problem with his content then dont watch.

thats his fault for choosing this as a career

Linus's New Vids are for Views and Money

Obviously... Otherwise he wouldn't be able to support himself and his company. Do you think he pulls money out of his ass? 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Obviously... Otherwise he wouldn't be able to support himself and his company. Do you think he pulls money out of his ass? 

no, but thats his fault for not choosing a stable career

I would say this fall under affordable for most people

And "we don't"? Speak for yourself. I have no problem with a showcase of an expensive system.

He also did a 4-way SLI 480 build in the past, and that was way out of most people's price range.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Do you realize how little money he makes from youtube? He has a wife, two kids, and six employees to pay.

The world doesnt revolve around you. If you have a problem with his content then dont watch.

^^^^^^

And on top of that he has to recored DAILY, might be even multiple times a day!

That's how he keeps up with the daily upload schedule.

He is doing a lot of hard work! His job may look fun, But it's really not, It's very hard work for him, and for his half a dozen employees.

No it is not. He does sponsorships and ads to be able to make enough profit. Of course he also does youtube videos for views and money but obviously you seem to think that making a living is not allowed for Linus...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1: he doesn't review low end tech all the time because its boring

2: he does need money to survive

3: high end stuff is usually cool or uses a new technology we haven't seen before, there for interesting.

4. he does review a wider variety of stuff now days but why not. new pc hardware isn't always coming out and the only way to see if the community responds too a new review segment is to try it out first.

5: would like to see them do more modding related stuff.

what?? it is stable...

I like the direction Linus has taken, he is showing us the things not many of us get to experience, 

There are only so many 500 watt PSUs, mid range graphics cards and cheap headphones he can review, before it becomes boring and useless,

I think diversifying content is interesting, if all Linus did was unbox power supplies I would not be a subscriber 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

TNUqY1f.jpg

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

what?? it is stable...

what if he makes a video and we all stop watching, then what? no more views=no $$ not a stable career 

We as a community want to see something that we can legitimately can afford. 

Based on that notion the 4k build guides and eyefinity setup won't be popular. Which it is if 280k views and the massively huge amounts of likes compared to dislikes it gets is anything to go by. Don't presume that your opinion is the same as that of the community. 

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

what if he makes a video and we all stop watching, then what? no more views=no $$ not a stable career 

That is the most broken logic I have ever heard.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

2,581 videos and counting each day on his channel, That's a heck of a lot of tech tips, baby tips, RC car tips, shaving tips other TIPS and reviews.

It's hard to think of something to upload each and everyday, especially if you done that many videos and + the WAN show.

Wow... You really are just a kid huh.

Also, stop saying "we". You have the unpopular opinion here, speak for your god damn self.

"PLEASE POST YOUR OPINIONS "

My opinion on this is; you're a child who has no idea how the real world works.

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

My opinion is that your opinion is wrong. We've been seeing these threads what seems like every other month, and it's pretty much always been from the same demographic too. Congratulations, you can't afford a three-way Titan Black setup. Who cares? If going by your logic then Titans and 980s and 290Xs shouldn't exist because we can't afford them.

You're complaining about unnecessary things.

So tell me, what is Linus supposed to upload in the downtime between low end graphics card launches? Honestly the Mimo video was great because it provides a look at something a lot of parents might spend their money on. You don't have to worry about that, but remember not all of us are 14 years old.

Wow... You really are just a kid huh.

Also, stop saying "we". You have the unpopular opinion here, speak for your god damn self.

"PLEASE POST YOUR OPINIONS "

My opinion on this is, that you're a child who has no idea how the real world works.

Fixed 

its like watching top gear and being like "why are they driving £1000000 Ferraris and not £1000 used third hand ford fiestas"

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

its like watching top gear and being like "why are they driving £1000000 Ferraris and not £1000 used third hand ford fiestas"

thats a fair point

"What if you get fired then no more job=no more money=not a stable career"

You need to learn how this damn world works kid.

Self-centred assholes like you are not worth anything. Nobody cares if you stop watching. There will always be more people that take your place. This is why his audience will continuously grow not shrink.

Do you seriously expect linus to make videos for YOU who wants a video on a boring affordable 500W PSU or $30 case? lol He makes videos about what people enjoy watching, and statistics prove that way more people are interested in enthusiast-grade hardware, not cheap crap that any poor person can afford to buy.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020