Jump to content
smit99

AMD FX- 9000

Recommended Posts

Your calculation is wrong. Anandtech wattage is reffering to the whole system. 71% of that wattage maybe(i didn't verify) is the TDP of the cpu, but the rest 29% is the video card and anything else. Add another cpu TDP and the rest of the system won't be the same 71% because you changed the cpu only. Please don't confuse people!

AFAIK, it's not for the whole system. Do they say they're testing for the entire system?

I looked up the review. Apparently I got my numbers from a different review. Nonetheless, my numbers must be reconsidered.


"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out." - Carl Sagan.

"If you place a piece of bread somewhere on Earth, and another one on that point's antipodes, well you made yourself an Earth-sandwich." - Michael from Vsauce.

Link to post
Share on other sites

AFAIK, it's not for the whole system. Do they say they're testing for the entire system?

I looked up the review. Apparently I got my numbers from a different review. Nonetheless, my numbers must be reconsidered.

As far as I know, FX 8350 is not a SOC

51142.png

"average" means average value between 195.2W, 195.6W, 194.1 W and so on.


FX8320 4.2Ghz@1.280v& 4.5 Ghz Turbo@1.312v Thermalright HR-02/w TY-147 140MM+Arctic Cooling 120MMVRM cooled by AMD Stock Cooler Fan 70MM 0-7200 RPM PWM controlled via SpeedfanGigabyte GA990XA-UD3Gigabyte HD 7970 SOC@R9 280X120GiBee Kingston HyperX 3K2TB Toshiba DT01ACA2001TB WD GreenZalman Z11+Enermax 140MM TB Apollish RED+2X Deepcool 120MM and stock fans running @5VSingle Channel Patriot 8GB (1333MHZ)+Dual Channel 4GB&2GB Kingston NANO Gaming(1600MHZ CL9)=14GB 1,600 Jigahurtz 10-10-9-29 CR1@1.28VSirtec High Power 500WASUS Xonar DG, Logitech F510Sony MDR-XD200Edifier X220 + Edifier 3200A4Tech XL-747H 3600dpiA4Tech X7-200MPdecent membrane keyboardPhilips 236V3LSB 23" 1080p@71Hz .

               
Sorry for my English....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Xeon's cost more than this and doesn't perform as well as the 4770K. I really doubt that the FX 9000 will outperform the 4770K or 3770K. I do think however that the CPU wil be used for a specific purpose which we do not know. Also AMD isn't selling this CPU to the general consumer so in other words if it was more powerful than a 4770K than they would sell it. I could be wrong though.


 (\__/)

 (='.'=)

(")_(")  EVGA 680 Classified 4GB 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 8GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold CM Storm Trigger Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Sennheiser 558's Lian Li Fan Controller Corsair H80 Unicomp Model M/13

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×