Linus' latest video's animations (How much ram do you need)

hodge22

Great video again Linus and team! But am I the only one that noticed all the smooth transitions between graphs as opposed to just flashing them on the screen? I found this way to be far more appealing and would love to see it in more videos. It felt far more proffesional and well done as opposed to flashing the benchmarks on the screen like in some other videos. Love to hear what you all think and if anybody else agree or disagree?

I liked it as well.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Did they used After Effects for that? or Premiere? 

Most likely in AE. It's not even that much harder imo, just takes a little bit more time. You just edit the transtition so that the movement isn't linear by adding handles to keyframes and ramping the speed accordingly.

And on top of that yeah the transitions do look a lot better. 

Intel i7 4790k / MSI Z97M / Hyper 212 Evo / MSI Twin Frozr GTX 770 / 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz / Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 / Corsair CS750M / Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD /  WD Blue 1TB

Most likely in AE. It's not even that much harder imo, just takes a little bit more time. You just edit the transtition so that the movement isn't linear by adding handles to keyframes and ramping the speed accordingly.

Ahh, I didn't know AE can do those stuff... oh well I'm just learning it by myself :P

What the hey....

Ahh, I didn't know AE can do those stuff... oh well I'm just learning it by myself :P

You learning AE? You can use the graph editor to change the speed between keyframes. It's pretty sweet.

Intel i7 4790k / MSI Z97M / Hyper 212 Evo / MSI Twin Frozr GTX 770 / 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz / Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 / Corsair CS750M / Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD /  WD Blue 1TB

He probably learnt it off linda.com, check there if you want to make one yourself.

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

You learning AE? You can use the graph editor to change the speed between keyframes. It's pretty sweet.

I'll try this when I get home :P 

What the hey....

As a video editor and motion graphics designer myself, I did have an appreciation for those smooth transitions. Quite nice :).

Good job @LinusTech!

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Didn't know LTT vids could get more professional...

I thought they already did a great job with their professionalism aside from a few jokes all throughout the episodes...

"Of course, its trash," Luke, 2014

He probably learnt it off linda.com, check there if you want to make one yourself.

But remember to use linda.com/linus !!!

"Of course, its trash," Luke, 2014

But remember to use linda.com/linus !!!

I was going to write that but the linda one always changes, the /linus one doesnt work...

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

Very well done, whoever did the animations. It was very appealing :D!

AMD FX-8350 @4GHz / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / G.Skill RipJaw X 8GB 1866Mhz / Samsung 840 120GB SSD / Sapphire R9 270X Toxic / Corsair CX500 / Fractal Design Define R4 / Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue / Xiaomi  Piston 2.0 / Steelseries Sensei / LG G3 32GB

Animations were done by Edzel. Pretty sure they took a significant amount of time to make, so I can't guarantee that graphs will be that appealing in every video. I enjoyed them as well!