Generic Mac Pro 2013 chatter.

Giac

Theres a backplate on the back but there's also the power delivery? wut.

QAXBHi6.png

EDIT: go here guys http://www.apple.com/mac-pro/

3x Dell U2412M |Silverstone FT03 | Maximus V Gene | 3770K @ 4.5Ghz 1.2V | SLI GTX780 | Mushkin Ridgeback 8GB 1600 CL7 | Corsair AX760

If I had gone further I would have understood why they did this. Check this out guys

sDh3toY.png

It's Apple, they do interesting/occasionally weird things.

Apple are the only company I know of capable of this kind of stuff. What I want to know is did they make a custom pcb or did AMD?

3x Dell U2412M |Silverstone FT03 | Maximus V Gene | 3770K @ 4.5Ghz 1.2V | SLI GTX780 | Mushkin Ridgeback 8GB 1600 CL7 | Corsair AX760

i just had my mind blow with that design quite unique even for apple

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

So, there are 3 pcbs, 2gpu and 1cpu. But why the heck is there flash memory installed on the gpu? o.O

Also, why the heck dual gpu? apple goes crazy, again.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Dual gigabit LAN, 6 Thunderbold 2 ports. wow. Thunderbolt 2 has 20GB/s bandwidth btw

Its a disgusting design, and also looks like you won't be able to upgrade it after purchasing. Typical Apple; if you want better components you have to purchase them from Apple. 

Brilliant business model, terrible company. 

Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.2GHz | Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz | MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr II OC | Samsung Evo 850 250GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Corsair 600T White | Corsair H100 | Corsair HX850 | Corsair SP120 QE | Asus MX279H | LG Flatron E2251 | Logitech G502 | Das Keyboard Ultimate 4 Browns | Fiio E10 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Corsair SP2500 | HTC One M8 | MacBook Air (Mid 2013) i5 8GB 128GB

Theres a backplate on the back but there's also the power delivery? wut.

EDIT: go here guys http://www.apple.com/mac-pro/

From my understanding those are the GPUs.

The CPU/motherboard are on the other side (the hypotenuse if this was a right-angled triangle).

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Its a disgusting design, and also looks like you won't be able to upgrade it after purchasing. Typical Apple; if you want better components you have to purchase them from Apple. 

Look past the lack of being able to upgrade and look at what they have accomplished. It's incredible, no systems integrator apart from apple can do this, you'd have to be a moron not to see that.

From my understanding those are the GPUs.

The CPU/motherboard are on the other side (the hypotenuse if this was a right-angled triangle).

Yeah I figured it out after looking at the rest of the site :p. It seems it uses a massive long triangular radiator in the middle that has air pulled through it from the bottom. Really cool stuff.

You can upgrade the RAM and flash memory, I think.

The Mac Pro is definitely a feat in engineering. Beautiful too.

Look past the lack of being able to upgrade and look at what they have accomplished. It's incredible, no systems integrator apart from apple can do this, you'd have to be a moron not to see that.

So something this incredible will be worth the, presumably, $2000+ price tag? They are just full of bs.

Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.2GHz | Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz | MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr II OC | Samsung Evo 850 250GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Corsair 600T White | Corsair H100 | Corsair HX850 | Corsair SP120 QE | Asus MX279H | LG Flatron E2251 | Logitech G502 | Das Keyboard Ultimate 4 Browns | Fiio E10 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Corsair SP2500 | HTC One M8 | MacBook Air (Mid 2013) i5 8GB 128GB

So something this incredible will be worth the, presumably, $2000+ price tag? They are just full of bs.

Ignore the price tag for a sec, just look at it

Ignore the price tag for a sec, just look at it

I really don't think it looks nice. Why would you need such a small, un-upgradable desktop? Desktop computers need to be big dirty bastards that when get a little old, you throw some new hardware inside.

If I was paying $2000+ for a desktop I'd expect to be able to upgrade the storage later on for $160 rather than being forced to purchase a Thunderbolt drive for $450 and having to find room for that on my desk.

I totally agree with super_skank; its just something to give fanboys something to wank over and say how amazing Apple are. More style than substance. 

I really don't think it looks nice. Why would you need such a small, un-upgradable desktop? Desktop computers need to be big dirty bastards that when get a little old, you throw some new hardware inside.

If I was paying $2000+ for a desktop I'd expect to be able to upgrade the storage later on for $160 rather than being forced to purchase a Thunderbolt drive for $450 and having to find room for that on my desk.

I totally agree with super_skank; its just something to give fanboys something to wank over and say how amazing Apple are. More style than substance. 

You are not the target market, so you wouldn't understand.

As a piece of engineering it's amazing. No wonder they took so long to upgrade the pro.

As a computer I don't like it. I used to like apple and bought my 27"iMac at launch. But I'm over apples bs. I primarily use my iMac as a monitor now using target display mode. In the last update of snow leopard they broke that feature. Their solution is to upgrade to mountain lion.

i7 5820k, Asus X99 Pro, 16GB Muskin Blackline, EVGA GTX 980, Corsair Air 540, Samsung SM951 256GB M.2, Samsung 830 256GB, Seagate 3TB, Ducky shine 4 MX clear & brown, Logitech G700s, Asus PB278q

You are not the target market, so you wouldn't understand.

True. But I don't think there is a target market for a $2000 desktop that you can't upgrade. If you need that sort of power and that kind of money to splash on a computer, then you must know a lot about computers and would therefore not buy this Mac Pro.

Its typical Apple arrogance of trying to make the market bend to their will.

True. But I don't think there is a target market for a $2000 desktop that you can't upgrade. If you need that sort of power and that kind of money to splash on a computer, then you must know a lot about computers and would therefore not buy this Mac Pro.

Its typical Apple arrogance of trying to make the market bend to their will.

People that don't upgrade their computers will buy this. There are lots of people in media that don't know about the tech side of computers. They are the reason that apple is as big as they are.

i7 5820k, Asus X99 Pro, 16GB Muskin Blackline, EVGA GTX 980, Corsair Air 540, Samsung SM951 256GB M.2, Samsung 830 256GB, Seagate 3TB, Ducky shine 4 MX clear & brown, Logitech G700s, Asus PB278q

People that don't upgrade their computers will buy this. There are lots of people in media that don't know about the tech side of computers. They are the reason that apple is as big as they are.

Why is this so hard to understand? For a lot of people aesthetics come first...and this is a stunning machine.

Why is this so hard to understand? For a lot of people aesthetics come first...and this is a stunning machine.

Exactly. Apple have created a market of people that want the brand and looks of a computer over the performance and functionality of it. There isn't exactly a problem with that, its just those people are stupid and being blindly lead and scammed by Apple.

Yeah, if they don't know about the tech side of computers then they don't need a $2000 computer. 

Wow for the money they are probably going to charge for it, just no. Much rather have a decent Prodigy build or with a Node or something.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Exactly. Apple have created a market of people that want the brand and looks of a computer over the performance and functionality of it. There isn't exactly a problem with that, its just those people are stupid and being blindly lead and scammed by Apple.

Yeah, if they don't know about the tech side of computers then they don't need a $2000 computer. 

You still don't get it. Different people expect different things from a computer. Someone who has an office and wants a nice computer that looks good and occupies takes little space buys this and not a HAF X

Wow for the money they are probably going to charge for it, just no. Much rather have a decent Prodigy build or with a Node or something.

I have an FT03 with a 3770k + 780 and some part of me still wants this machine.

"But they guy at the apple store said it was the best one"

Design look kinda cool but it's not really a workstation for hardcore user. Look at our gaming(not workstation) PC, for maximum cooling, we still need to run a water cooling inside our machine to keep it cool and quiet. With that cooling design, I don't think it will be able to handle that amount of heat (1 CPU + 2 GPU). Also for GPU, up to 7 Teraflops + Up to 6 GB of VRAM is equal dual FirePro W9000. To keep it cost below $2000, Apple will put lower end CPU and Low end FirePro in the MacPro as a default config for sure. However, Apple will let us choose W9000 as an upgrade but it will cost you a lot for an upgrade. It might cost you $4000 for each W9000 to upgrade (Apple Price :P ).

"But they guy at the apple store said it was the best one"

LOL, those guys don't know about PC too XD. Can't blame them, it's their job to sell things  :D

You still don't get it. Different people expect different things from a computer. Someone who has an office and wants a nice computer that looks good and occupies takes little space buys this and not a HAF X

Wrong. I completely get it. Its just I can't believe and don't want to think that there are idiots out there that think spending $2000 on a good looking computer is better than a $2000 computer with a 4770k and 780. 

I hate that that computer market exists; snobs that think Apple computers are better than anything else available.