Ubisoft at it again: No custom maps for Far cry 4

brownninja97

41148_03_ubisoft_stops_modders_from_maki

Heres your daily fill of silly Ubisoft news.

Basically Mr Hutchinson was like hey guys our maps are great, your maps sucks. So the ban hammer of anarchy has been brought down on the community. Major limitations have been set on what we are allowed to mod. 

They think that custom maps will mean we will pirate the dlc or make a custom map which is similar to the dlc.

For reference Far cry 3 had around 500-750 custom maps which you could only play alone or in a custom match where you didnt earn any experience or new weapons of any sort. You know because the multiplayer of far cry was big to begin with.

simon_epic_diggy_diggy_hole_by_radatz-d4

im curious as to whether honeydew works at Ubisoft now.

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/41148/ubisoft-stops-modders-from-making-pvp-multiplayer-maps-in-far-cry-4/index.html

http://fcmaps.net/maps/far-cry-3

Remember people, your opinion is strongest when you dont spend any money.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

There was something beyond the story mode?

Sorry, who cared about it anyways? Not really digging far down toady, Ubisoft. :)

who cares...

No custom maps for alone playing either?

WTF are they doing, I will say it again, to the piratebay it is, I won't support such a company by giving them money. I think I will buy CoD AW then, because that actually seems like a good game....

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Sorry, who cared about it anyways? Not really digging far down toady, Ubisoft. :)

It effects singleplayer and multiplayer. A while back a guy tried to port far cry 2 map into far cry 3 but a legal team came knocking at his door.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

It wasn't too big, the multiplayer wasn't amazing for FC3, butttt considering they probably could reuse alot of the old code they are just limiting the game for because they are fools

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Surface RT

Server:

No custom maps for alone playing either?

WTF are they doing, I will say it again, to the piratebay it is, I won't support such a company by giving them money. I think I will buy CoD AW then, because that actually seems like a good game....

Just dont play their games at all. Pirating it is like saying them that it is good just that you dont want to pay for it.

Whaaaaat far cry has a multiplayer O:

im_shocked.gif

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

Just dont play their games at all. Pirating it is like saying them that it is good just that you dont want to pay for it.

I know (I also watched the WAN show :P), but it might still be a fun single player experience, if the preformance is okay, I don't want to miss out on that. (if however the preformance also turns out to be terrible I won't download it either)

Main rig:

Other devices

Surface RT

Server:

achivement unlocked - digging level increased over 9000

I feel sorry for the shovel.

Listen if you care.

I know (I also watched the WAN show :P), but it might still be a fun single player experience, if the preformance is okay, I don't want to miss out on that. (if however the preformance also turns out to be terrible I won't download it either)

Well if you don't want to miss out on it buy it or you're part of the reason they justify not putting any effort into PC editions because "They're just pirates anyway"  so if you want to play it buy it there is no excuse or reason to pirate it.

If you like me don't want to support them DON'T PLAY IT. 

Getting pretty annoyed with all the "I'll just pirate their games" BS you guys are the reason PC doesn't get the support it deserves so you're the cancer slowly killing the platform ffs.

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

Well if you don't want to miss out on it buy it or you're part of the reason they justify not putting any effort into PC editions because "They're just pirates anyway"  and it you want to play it buy it there is no excuse or reason to pirate it.

I don't think many of us gamers pirated it before this bs, yes I will justify that statement, but that statement itself created its truth, the truth didn't create that statement I think. And if I want to play it, but don't want to financially support the company pirating is a way to not support them. I feel like your point is valid, but I will not adhere to it 

Main rig:

Other devices

Surface RT

Server:

I don't think many of us gamers pirated it before this bs, yes I will justify that statement, but that statement itself created its truth, the truth didn't create that statement I think. And if I want to play it, but don't want to financially support the company pirating is a way to not support them. I feel like your point is valid, but I will not adhere to it 

So you're basically saying yes I know I'll still be supporting them and knowingly giving all other developers a reason to stop supporting pc.... You're cancer and don't deserve the option to game on pc

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

So you're basically saying yes I know I'll still be supporting them and knowingly giving all other developers a reason to stop supporting pc.... You're cancer and don't deserve the option to game on pc

Well thats not very nice to say and frankly just rude..... That kind of statements like "You're cancer" make the entire gaming community so toxic and horrible. 

And not "all developers" only Ubisoft, if they do have statistics showing them how much their games are pirated then they should be able to see that compaired to last year and the years before that the games they made this year got way more pirating. And other developers who make decent pc ports should see that their games get pirated less. This should give them the message that creating a bad port will create more pirating and creating a good port will create more sales. If we are too look at CoD Ghosts and compaire it to CoD AW, I think I can safely say that Ghosts got less sales and more pirated  relatively than CoD AW, because CoD AW was a decent pc port. 

Main rig:

Other devices

Surface RT

Server:

Well thats not very nice to say and frankly just rude..... That kind of statements like "You're cancer" make the entire gaming community so toxic and horrible. 

And not "all developers" only Ubisoft, if they do have statistics showing them how much their games are pirated then they should be able to see that compaired to last year and the years before that the games they made this year got way more pirating. And other developers who make decent pc ports should see that their games get pirated less. This should give them the message that creating a bad port will create more pirating and creating a good port will create more sales. If we are too look at CoD Ghosts and compaire it to CoD AW, I think I can safely say that Ghosts got less sales and more pirated  relatively than CoD AW, because CoD AW was a decent pc port. 

You don't get it do you Ubisoft is far from the only dev that don't fully support PC and it's because of people like yourself and when you can agree you're part of the problem and just say "I don't care because I want to play anyway" you're a worthless thief and a cancer to the industry.. You don't think Bungie for example see how many copies are pirated on PC then go well we're not going to bring our game to pc or at least not until we've made all our money on consoles.

If it's worth playing it's worth buying if you don't want to give them much money then wait and buy it for $5 it's single player and you'll then get a better version of the game anyway there's no valid excuse to pirate their games.

You don't get it do you Ubisoft is far from the only dev that don't fully support PC and it's because of people like yourself and when you can agree you're part of the problem and just say "I don't care because I want to play anyway" you're a worthless thief and a cancer to the industry.. You don't think bungie for example so how many copies are pirated on PC then go well we're not bring our game to pc or atleast not untill we've made all our money on consoles.

Indeed Ubi is far from the only one that doesn't support PC with decent ports. Again if they, any dev also Bungie, look at statistics, they should clearly see that bad games get pirated more and that good games get good sales. This should show them that if they make a decent port (and good game) they shouldn't get much pirating at all and instead should get sales which would allow them to earn back their money. A bad game/port however means a lot of pirating and less sales, which tells them that people indeed do want the game, but don't support it if it is badly ported. If a game is good I will show the dev that I support them and buy said game, if the game is bad I won't even pirate the game, if the port is still playable I will pirate and thereby hopefully send the message that I do want the game, but aren't willing to pay for a bad port. 

And again you go with the useless insults "worthless thief and a cancer to the industry", that is not necessary and I won't even reply to you again if you can't refrain from using such language, which is one of the most toxic aspects of online gaming imo. 

Main rig:

Other devices

Surface RT

Server:

Indeed Ubi is far from the only one that doesn't support PC with decent ports. Again if they, any dev also Bungie, look at statistics, they should clearly see that bad games get pirated more and that good games get good sales. This should show them that if they make a decent port (and good game) they shouldn't get much pirating at all and instead should get sales which would allow them to earn back their money. A bad game/port however means a lot of pirating and less sales, which tells them that people indeed do want the game, but don't support it if it is badly ported. If a game is good I will show the dev that I support them and buy said game, if the game is bad I won't even pirate the game, if the port is still playable I will pirate and thereby hopefully send the message that I do want the game, but aren't willing to pay for a bad port. 

And again you go with the useless insults "worthless thief and a cancer to the industry", that is not necessary and I won't even reply to you again if you can't refrain from using such language, which is one of the most toxic aspects of online gaming imo. 

So you'll admit you're just going to steal the game and but I can't call you a thief? Don't want to be called a thief don't steal that simple or can you not understand that?  

Well lets just let Ubisoft burn and go bankrupt (hopefully)

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

So you'll admit you're just going to steal the game and but I can't call you a thief? Don't want to be called a thief don't steal that simple or can you not understand that? 

You should not call me "worthless" and "a cancer", you hope you understand that those words are not needed and add nothing to the discussion. As for the thief thing, that is more about piracy, and what you would call that, and I have no desire to argue about the definition of thief and wheter it is appropriate in this context. 

Main rig:

Other devices

Surface RT

Server:

You should not call me "worthless" and "a cancer", you hope you understand that those words are not needed and add nothing to the discussion. As for the thief thing, that is more about piracy, and what you would call that, and I have no desire to argue about the definition of thief and wheter it is appropriate in this context. 

Stealing/pirating is worthless you can't argue that you do nothing but hurt the industry with those actions.

I'm not the first to refer to piracy as a cancer to the industry many devs have said it over the years.

You agreed I was correct but you're just not going to adhere to it basically saying "Yes I know I'm doing nothing but hurting the industry with my actions but I don't care if I give them reason to continue to not support pc screw the rest of you because I'm too good to miss out and too cheap to pay"  You deserve to be charged under piracy laws to the fullest extent with that attitude.

Stealing/pirating is worthless you can't argue that you do nothing but hurt the industry with those actions.

I'm not the first to refer to piracy as a cancer to the industry many devs have said it over the years you're just saying you don't care what harm it does to the industry because "I don't want to miss out yet I wont buy it because I'm cheap  and I don't care" 

No you refered to me specifically as being cancer and being worthless, which is something different than you are saying. If you were to say "Piracy is a cancer and you are contributing to it" then it would be a lot less rude and I wouldn't have cared. 

And I said it before, I think pirating ports and buying good games sends the message that a bad port will not give money and a good port will, you can disagree on that. I agree that pirating a good games shows devs indeed that it is not worthwhile to make a good port, and that good games indeed need to be bought. Again, I'm not saying pirate all games, good or bad, I'm saying pirate bad games and buy good ones, a very important aspect of my argument. 

Main rig:

Other devices

Surface RT

Server:

Well clearly kid you're not able to grasp the concept because you're too self entitled.
Make all the excuses you want you deserve to be charged with to the full extend of anti piracy laws and have no right to ever complain about any dev not supporting PC because you're knowingly becoming half of the problem. 

If you have to play the game buy it used for console, rent it or wait for it to be worth next to nothing in a sale.  Ubisoft truly is evil and it started more than a year ago.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S