What SSD do you recommend?

DarkN3ss

First off sorry if this is in the wrong place because this is my first time posing in this forum..

We'll anyway, I'm looking at upgrading to an SSD. Right now I'm looking at the 840 Evo 120gb

What I will have on the SSD?

Battlefield 4

Adobe CS6

visual studio

And of course my OS

, the rest of my stuff I will have on my 2tb. So do you think the 120gb will be able to hold all that stuff? Or should I go up to the 250gb?

120gb = $104 NZD

250gb = $175 NZD

And do you think the Evo is a good choice?

Thank :)

I saw PNY's Optima at Best Buy for 50 bucks on Black Friday for 120GB. I wanna get 2 of them.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I have a mx100 and the thing is wicked fast and wicked cheap. That what i would recommend. The 512 gb version is $200ish

I saw PNY's Optima at Best Buy for 50 bucks on Black Friday for 120GB. I wanna get 2 of them.

lol for that price i might just get one. Not that i really need it...

lol for that price i might just get one. Not that i really need it...

I'm actually desperate. My system is taking over 5 minutes to boot to 8 but my motherboard doesn't have AHCI, just IDE.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I'm actually desperate. My system is taking over 5 minutes to boot to 8 but my motherboard doesn't have AHCI, just IDE.

My desktop take 11 seconds :)

First off sorry if this is in the wrong place because this is my first time posing in this forum..

We'll anyway, I'm looking at upgrading to an SSD. Right now I'm looking at the 840 Evo 120gb

What I will have on the SSD?

Battlefield 4

Adobe CS6

visual studio

And of course my OS

, the rest of my stuff I will have on my 2tb. So do you think the 120gb will be able to hold all that stuff? Or should I go up to the 250gb?

120gb = $104 NZD

250gb = $175 NZD

And do you think the Evo is a good choice?

Thank :)

1st choice is samsung Evo, then i would go MX100 as its nearly as good and 3/4 the price i have a 120 Evo and a 256 Mx100

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 @1500mhz + 8000Mhz CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k Delided and Overclocked @4.8  MB: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII IMPACT  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory CPU Cooler: Corsair HG10+ H90 +H90 CASE: Corsair 380T  Storage: 120GB Samsung Evo SSD + Crucail 256GB Mx100 + 2TB Seagate/  OS: Windows 10 64bit Power supply:  Corsair RM750

My desktop take 11 seconds :)

i hate you.

My OS and ~30 apps take up ~60Gb, plus a game can be ~50Gb. I'd go with the 250Gb model, that way you can put a couple games on it

One from a reputable/reliable manufacturer with a decent warranty. It's a vague answer, but honestly, all SSDs are extremely fast and (in my opinion), you'd be hard pressed to notice any performance difference from one to another in real world applications. 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

i hate you.

Well it does take a bit longer with a ton of applications set to open on start.

bout 15 seconds. : P

Well it does take a bit longer with a ton of applications set to open on start.

bout 15 seconds. : P

if i have a ton of applications to set to open, it takes 40 minutes.

Samsung 840 EVO, i have one and its great

(glad i didnt get a kingston V300 due to the NAND change)

My PC boots in 30 seconds (including POST and typing in my password)

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

I have two retail Evo's. A 250GB and 1TB. They're both super fast.

I also have two OEM. Just as good. When I need a new SSD, I'll buy another one. I recommend you get a 250GB also. :)

But do you think that a 120 will be big enough to hold the things I specified?

120gb = $104 NZD ($82 USD)
250gb = $175 NZD ($138 USD)

Not an SSD with a Sandforce Controller. well not now anyway. Intel did it right with the 520 and there are back on retail on newegg. I would say Sandisk Extreme II , .  Intel 730 if you can get it  on sale.  And the Samsung 840 pro is still going in stress tests from 2 years ago.

Where are you buying from mate?you can get the crucials from playtech or pb for like 80$ 

Im from nz too.Ive got a samsung 830 pro here works great but wasnt cheap.and crucials are reliable and decent speed

Where are you buying from mate?you can get the crucials from playtech or pb for like 80$ 

Im from nz too.Ive got a samsung 830 pro here works great but wasnt cheap.and crucials are reliable and decent speed

Hey mate I'm looking on price spy http://pricespy.co.nz for the cheapest price and then I normally take the cheapest price I find to PB tech and they will lower there price to the one I find :)

Yeah the crucial mx100 i think it is have been as low as 79 dollars i believe.Pretty much get one of them or import something from amazon.

Have you checked out gpforums?

Yeah the crucial mx100 i think it is have been as low as 79 dollars i believe.Pretty much get one of them or import something from amazon.

Have you checked out gpforums?

No I haven't, do you know if there is going to be a black Friday sale?

Im not sure on any deals as of yet but im sure the retailers like computer lounge playetch paradigmpcs etc will have a sale.Beware of pbtech there sales arent actually sales 

Im not sure on any deals as of yet but im sure the retailers like computer lounge playetch paradigmpcs etc will have a sale.Beware of pbtech there sales arent actually sales

Haha I know that's why when I find a cheaper price I take it to them and they drop the price for me :P