Ex-Ubisoft employee speaking out about the company.

Altecice

I was in a meeting personally with yves guillemot, who said that he doesn't care about PC gamers because, and i quote "90% are pirates anyway"

Somebody doesn't know how to run a business.

These kinds of statements make me wonder, how in the hell do people this stupid get into such a position of power? Can they not take the time and effort to actually study, or higher somebody to study these sort of things to make sure you don't come across as uneducated and foolish (the perfect way to represent Ubi)?

If Valve manages to hit riches from PC gaming without having to call out or blame piracy for any losses, I'm sure others can too. Or Valve is the only sane mind in an insane world of business.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

That's where sales come in. Seeing as Ubi pulled their stuff from Steam, though, I don't think a Ubi sale is going to happen any time soon.

unless they get really desperate to cover production costs and try to use low prices to help the amount of units sold. For example Duke Nukem Forever flopped hard and they dropped the price and frequently put it on sale to sell enough units to cover production costs (it wasn't bad for a $10 game when I played it)

Yes, and employee speaking what seems to be the truth. I wonder why Ubisoft still have developers left if all this is true, they get treated really poorly

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

I'd say it is definitely more of a pricing problem, I don't want to go out and spend $60+ on a game that I may play pretty much every day, or that I may never play again.

Disagree.

Before the rise of Steam and other digital distribution platforms buying original games was much harder. Piracy and cracks over the Internet was simply more convenient.

Now I can buy almost any game I want, anytime, often even if it was released 20 years ago. Nobody is competing for shelf space anymore or other distribution problems, nobody is worrying about scratched discs, lost discs and CD keys. You don't have to worry if you live in a country with less PC gamers. Publishers don't have to worry whether it's profitable to target countries with less PC gamers, or what numbers to ship. Just sell it on the Internet and everybody who wants it can buy it from anywhere in the world. Doesn't matter if i'm the only person in my country who wants it.

Pricing is a factor too, no sane person will deny that.

But the reason Gabe made these comments is because he has watched first hand as PC gaming went from being "written off" in the early to mid 2000s to experiencing a big resurgence thanks to Steam and other digital distribution platforms converting the pirates into legitimate customer. That resurgence continues today...

Somebody doesn't know how to run a business.

These kinds of statements make me wonder, how in the hell do people this stupid get into such a position of power? Can they not take the time and effort to actually study, or higher somebody to study these sort of things to make sure you don't come across as uneducated and foolish (the perfect way to represent Ubi)?

If Valve manages to hit riches from PC gaming without having to call out or blame piracy for any losses, I'm sure others can too. Or Valve is the only sane mind in an insane world of business.

CEOs can be very mismatched for the companies that they run. Example, Steve Jobs was replaced by the CEO of Pepsi John Sculley. Sculley was "advised" to limit Jobs until he got removed by the board of directors. The CEO of a soda company didn't know shit about running a tech company and almost made Apple go out of business. This is pretty common 

Disagree.

Before the rise of Steam and other digital distribution platforms buying original games was much harder. Piracy and cracks over the Internet was simply more convenient.

Now I can buy almost any game I want, anytime, often even if it was released 20 years ago. Nobody is competing for shelf space anymore or other distribution problems, nobody is worrying about scratched discs, lost discs and CD keys. You don't have to worry if you live in a country with less PC gamers. Publishers don't have to worry whether it's profitable to target countries with less PC gamers, or what numbers to ship. Just sell it on the Internet and everybody who wants it can buy it from anywhere in the world. Doesn't matter if i'm the only person in my country who wants it.

Pricing is a factor too, no sane person will deny that.

But the reason Gabe made these comments is because he has watched first hand as PC gaming went from being "written off" in the early to mid 2000s to experiencing a big resurgence thanks to Steam and other digital distribution platforms converting the pirates into legitimate customer.

I will agree that in the past getting video games was not as easy as it was today, though my original statement was targeted at this point in time where we have all these different digital distribution services.

Piracy will still continue to happen for who knows how long, there will always be people who want a game or some software that turn to piracy, whether it be because it is not worth the price or because they don't have the money for it, or because they don't want to spend their money that could be spent on other things on that software/game. *cough cough* winrar *cough cough*

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

First of all, fuck Ubisoft.

Second, the way to fix this problem is pretty simple. Stop buying their games. Complain all you want but if your still giving them your money you have zero right to complain. The last ubi game I bought was far cry 3, I wont be buying any more of their shitty ports ever. Not even that over-hyped division bs. 

Conceal your intentions

Working 70 hours and only getting paid for 37? Fuck off ubi

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I will agree that in the past getting video games was not as easy as it was today, though my original statement was targeted at this point in time where we have all these different digital distribution services.

Piracy will still continue to happen for who knows how long, there will always be people who want a game or some software that turn to piracy, whether it be because it is not worth the price or because they don't have the money for it, or because they don't want to spend their money that could be spent on other things on that software/game. *cough cough* winrar *cough cough*

yea, there will always be some people who can't afford the game and turn to piracy and the few people that think it is okay and pirate even though they have the money. I have been in the first example when I was younger, broke, and stupid (but I did end up buying the games that were good when I wasn't as broke and stupid)

This is pretty sad. To literally have a dev team beg for a deadline extension is ridiculous.

Working 70 hours and only getting paid for 37? Fuck off ubi

I'm pretty sure that is against Labor laws in the US, CAN, and EU

Another anonymous ubisoft Dev sending out news

If he's never planning to work in games again he should prove that he worked at ubisoft

The QA team that Got sacked deserved it. They let tons of bugs through. And the devs are incompetent in that they couldn't delivery what they were paid to.

And as a final, Yves is right, you should never sacrifice the console versions for the PC build, because the console versions will always be the more profitable ones.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Wow, Ubisoft needs to royally fuck off. Someone needs to make some changes in whoever is in charge of that company.

Excuse me sir but Ubisoft holes need to be at least 2 Sasha grey assholes wide to even be considered a "Ubi-hole"

.....that's a measurement that's not even possible to comprehend...

I'm pretty sure that is against Labor laws in the US, CAN, and EU

To my knowledge it is. The only way that can happen is if you are a salary employee with no overtime.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

The Consumerist should allow companies here in Canada to be nominated for the golden poo award, EA is starting to clean up their act, and Ubisoft are doing everything they can to deserve a nomination.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

That's where sales come in. Seeing as Ubi pulled their stuff from Steam, though, I don't think a Ubi sale is going to happen any time soon.

Look again. 

Stop harping on about something that only lasted for 13 hours. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

only paid for 37 hours and nothing above? How the hell is that even remotely legal if they are working 50+ hours a week?!

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

There isn't any proof yet that the post was actually made by an ex-Ubisoft employee.

G5z1v88.png

So don't take his/her words fully yet.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

only paid for 37 hours and nothing above? How the hell is that even remotely legal if they are working 50+ hours a week?!

possibly a contract salary that states a minimum amount of hours worked. the minimum hours are still kept track of for salaries, at least in canada to claim unemployment in the event you are laid off. although in this case the employee quit, so they wouldn't be getting unemployment anyway.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Excuse me sir but Ubisoft holes need to be at least 2 Sasha grey assholes wide to even be considered a "Ubi-hole"

I've not laughed so hard in at least a year. 

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

Another anonymous ubisoft Dev sending out news

If he's never planning to work in games again he should prove that he worked at ubisoft

The QA team that Got sacked deserved it. They let tons of bugs through. And the devs are incompetent in that they couldn't delivery what they were paid to.

And as a final, Yves is right, you should never sacrifice the console versions for the PC build, because the console versions will always be the more profitable ones.

Dude, I worked QA for a few months for a large publisher because I needed a job I could get that week and a ton of hours. We had all kinds of crazy shit we found that didn't get patched due to making a release deadline. I mean complete game-breakers that weren't fixed because the certification teams at Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo/etc didn't find them and thus didn't fail the build. It's not QA's fault when the publisher decides it doesn't care how broken the game is. And everyone at almost every QA job gets laid off at the end of the project, at least according to the people I worked with who floated between every other major publisher in the Los Angeles area. The way they paid OT was shady as fuck though. Three different times I got paid for 40 hour weeks when I worked 70-95 hour weeks, and didn't get my other hours worth of pay for a couple of weeks (but I eventually got it each time). The HR woman was such a cunt acting like I was unreasonable for wanting to be paid on time.

THE CORE HAS BEEN REACHED! I REPEAT, EARTH'S CORE HAS BEEN REACHED!

Also, if half of my work went unpaid, I'd do a shitty job too.

Look again. 

Stop harping on about something that only lasted for 13 hours. 

It's not the first time they did this, mind you.

Also, there are far worse things that happened that lasted 13 hours. We can't simply 'stop harping on about ' those things, either. Ubisoft is just pushing their crapware towards the consumer before it's finished, cashgrabbing and sticking fingers up arses where they want to get their rights. The pull was certainly there to get people to buy using uPlay.

~Snip~

I am aware that that has happened before, but i think the dev process for Unity was flawed top to bottom, The QA guys probably got screwed and couldn't do the job they'd like to because the dev team was late to deadlines, because the big wigs wanted more than they could deliver, and in the end we get a product full of glitches that runs at 20 FPS on both consoles and is only slightly better on PC.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

"We were struggling under normal load, AAA games are HARD to develop. where we worked 50-70 hour weeks, (anything above 37 is unpaid)"

And you have so little integrity that you did it anyways... Congrats... I'm not joking. If the execs had ANY confidence in the dev team they would listen to them. If they don't listen to you than your word doesn't count for shit. That's when you leave a company. But the truth is that they can't code for shit. I just installed Splinter Cell Conviction again and it still has major frame dips at some points for random reasons.

"I was in a meeting personally with yves guillemot, who said that he doesn't care about PC gamers because, and i quote "90% are pirates anyway"

So that's what I get for having left the pirate life. After years of being clean to get stigmatized as a Pirate. Well fuck you Ubisoft.

And by the way, did it ever occur to you that your games get pirated because you do shitty ports anyway?

"Same rules since the first man picked up the first stick and beat the second man's ass with it."