Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rorossi

Help With Game Capture Cards

Posted · Original PosterOP

I need a game capture card with can record at 1080p 60 FPS.

I was going for  Aver Media's LGP Lite or the normal LGP.

It's for recording on a PC by the way, since fraps has a crazy file size when recording.

I was looking at the elgato hd60 (tell me if it's good or something :D)

I will be playing FPS, racing, TPS, RPG, etc

Rorossi FTW!! :D

I need a game capture card with can record at 1080p 60 FPS.

I was going for  Aver Media's LGP Lite or the normal LGP.

It's for recording on a PC by the way, since fraps has a crazy file size when recording.

I was looking at the elgato hd60 (tell me if it's good or something :D)

I will be playing FPS, racing, TPS, RPG, etc

Have you not already youtube searched Elgato 60fps capture reviews?

LGP doesn't do 1080p/60fps,........... but 720p/60fps and 1080p/30fps.

Although I've been doing 720p@60fps and upscaling it for 1080p/60fps youtube, and it isn't that noticeable because of youtube compression anyway. But If you were to do local HDD playback,  you'd definitely notice however.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

i did do some research, and these were the two i selected, but i needed more help, so i came here

i did do some research, and these were the two i selected, but i needed more help, so i came here

Fair enough, was only asking... and I can't speak for the elgato, but as stated, thats my experience with the LGP.

BTW - you'll get told this eventually, quote/like someone's post for the website to notify them of a reply, otherwise I'd not have known you did reply.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Fair enough, was only asking... and I can't speak for the elgato, but as stated, thats my experience with the LGP.

BTW - you'll get told this eventually, quote/like someone's post for the website to notify them of a reply, otherwise I'd not have known you did reply.

lol, thanks for the tip bro :D

do you happen to know any good external dvd drives since my case doesn't have a slot for it and i have a few games on disk and i pre-ordered a few collector's edition games so more disks :P so i need something to install em with 

lol, thanks for the tip bro :D

do you happen to know any good external dvd drives since my case doesn't have a slot for it and i have a few games on disk and i pre-ordered a few collector's edition games so more disks :P so i need something to install em with 

External USB DVD drives are fine, and usually cheap enough $30

External USB DVD drives are fine, and usually cheap enough $30

do you know any? make? model? 

do you know any? make? model? 

Not really, It's not something many people keep up to date on.

As long as it's got a decent write speed of 6-8x or higher, the better.

This is the one I have - http://www.msy.com.au/sa/elizabeth/pc-components/9863-samsung-se-208db-tsbs-external-slim-size-usb-dvd-rw.html

samsung-se-208db-tsbs-external-slim-size

2x USB ports (One for Power + Operation at low burning speeds) But using included cables (having two connections for USB) it writes at a faster speed using both than using the one USB port.

Not really, It's not something many people keep up to date on.

As long as it's got a decent write speed of 6-8x or higher, the better.

This is the one I have - http://www.msy.com.au/sa/elizabeth/pc-components/9863-samsung-se-208db-tsbs-external-slim-size-usb-dvd-rw.html

samsung-se-208db-tsbs-external-slim-size

2x USB ports (One for Power + Operation at low burning speeds) But using included cables (having two connections for USB) it writes at a faster speed using both than using the one USB port.

I know my favourite Youtuber uses an Elgato Gamecapture HD, which if I had to buy one looks like the one I'd probably pick. You can see his review thing here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWHR-PjXa3A

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM