Is it worth getting a 7.1 sound card for stereo headset?

gilgameshflood

I have a hyperx cloud headset and I'm happy with the quality of the music but I do miss the surround effect my plantronics 780 had. I tried razer surround sound software but the effect just felt nothing different from a stereo headset and didnt come close to the 780 in surround effect.
I wanted to get info about this from people who have used a 7.1 sound card with stereo headset and also used a 7.1 headset themselves to compare difference.
Will the simulation be as good or better than my 780 if I get a good 7.1 sound card for my cloud headset?
In Asus xonar DX website page, it is mentioned "Dolby Pro-Logic IIx : Converts stereo or 5.1 sounds to seamless 7.1 surround". I would like to know how "seamless" it is if any of you used one with a stereo headset.
Since I'm using on board audio card, I was planning to check out the sound difference with a sound card. Probably Asus xonar DX.

it will help by giving you an AMP. that 7.1 "3D Sound" "7.1 Audio" BS makes no sense. you have 2 ears with 2 headphones...

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

I have a hyperx cloud headset and I'm happy with the quality of the music but I do miss the surround effect my plantronics 780 had. I tried razer surround sound software but the effect just felt nothing different from a stereo headset and didnt come close to the 780 in surround effect.

I wanted to get info about this from people who have used a 7.1 sound card with stereo headset and also used a 7.1 headset themselves to compare difference.

Will the simulation be as good or better than my 780 if I get a good 7.1 sound card for my cloud headset?

In Asus xonar DX website page, it is mentioned "Dolby Pro-Logic IIx : Converts stereo or 5.1 sounds to seamless 7.1 surround". I would like to know how "seamless" it is if any of you used one with a stereo headset.

Since I'm using on board audio card, I was planning to check out the sound difference with a sound card. Probably Asus xonar DX.

do not buy a sound card especially a 7.1 card buya amp and dac if you need amplifacation and there is interferance otherwise use onboards

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

it will help by giving you an AMP. that 7.1 "3D Sound" "7.1 Audio" BS makes no sense. you have 2 ears with 2 headphones...

Yeah. I mean the 3D simulation. Is any good with hyperx cloud?

Yeah. I mean the 3D simulation. Is any good with hyperx cloud?

dont bother, 3D on ANY headphones is poopy

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

I don't agree.

i did not ask you

i did not ask you

Your original quoted post wasn't a question. Therefore, you did not ask me (or anybody). However, this is a forum, meaning the entire point of this place is to exchange ideas, and you would do well to remember that.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?