radiator clerance in corsair 750D?

Hi.

I'm planing on a custom loop, and had a question. will a 55mm thick 24 rad and a 64mm thick 280 rad. have clerance problemns in the front and buttom of the corsair 750D.

or should I go with a slim line rad in the buttom?

the two rads I'm talking about: http://www.ekwb.com/shop/radiators-fans-accessories/radiators/ek-coolstream-rad-xtx-240.html and http://www.ekwb.com/shop/radiators-fans-accessories/radiators/ek-coolstream-rad-xtc-280.html

I'm going to have a 360 mm rad in the top. and hopfuly a 140 or 120 mm rad in the back.

going all out on cooling BTW. I know it's not at all practical. My rig is allso overkill.but thats what I'm going for :P

I'm runing the system on air right now. and I don't like the tamps.

sorry for the bad spelling and wrong uses of words if there are any :)

Yes, they will. Two EK Coolstream PE 240mm rads barely fit in the front and bottom. You can use a thick rad in the front, but you'll want a thin one of the bottom. 

Also, I wouldn't bother with a 120/140 at the back. The cooling improvement will be pretty much nothing and it looks kind of ugly IMO. 

Hi.

I'm planing on a custom loop, and had a question. will a 55mm thick 24 rad and a 64mm thick 280 rad. have clerance problemns in the front and buttom of the corsair 750D.

or should I go with a slim line rad in the buttom?

the two rads I'm talking about: http://www.ekwb.com/shop/radiators-fans-accessories/radiators/ek-coolstream-rad-xtx-240.html and http://www.ekwb.com/shop/radiators-fans-accessories/radiators/ek-coolstream-rad-xtc-280.html

I'm going to have a 360 mm rad in the top. and hopfuly a 140 or 120 mm rad in the back.

going all out on cooling BTW. I know it's not at all practical. My rig is allso overkill.but thats what I'm going for :P

I'm runing the system on air right now. and I don't like the tamps.

sorry for the bad spelling and wrong uses of words if there are any :)

The max clearance in the top is 85mm. IMO 79mm is pushing with the 8-pin power it but theoretically it will fit.  

There are other alternatives that will fit perfectly like an Alphacool XT45 + fans in push or pull.

The front won't be a prob.

P.S: the rad in the rear isn't worth the extra money it's gonna cost to add it to the loop in terms of what temps you get IMO.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Also have a 750D and going through the same things you are. A 240/240 will work but a 280/240 will obstruct the bottom rad. Also make sure you have the clearance from your PSU, I have a 1200i so I'm not able to fit a bottom rad. If you go with a thinner rad on bottom you could fit any size you want for front intake.

Also have a 750D and going through the same things you are. A 240/240 will work but a 280/240 will obstruct the bottom rad. Also make sure you have the clearance from your PSU, I have a 1200i so I'm not able to fit a bottom rad. If you go with a thinner rad on bottom you could fit any size you want for front intake.

I'm runing a 1200i :( the reason I want to fill all the fan spots with rads. is the beast of a CPU i have 5960X and 3x gtx 980 gaming 4G

Does anybody have a measurement for clearance in the bottom? So in the bottom 240 spot with a standard 25mm thick fan what is the maximum thckness of a radiator I could have without interfering with the front rad? Thanks.

Thank you and you're welcome,

James (ProbablyAGamer)

Hi.

I'm planning on a custom loop, and had a question. will a 55mm thick 24 rad and a 64mm thick 280 rad. have clearance problems in the front and bottom of the corsair 750D.

or should I go with a slim line rad in the bottom?

this might help:

XSPC EX240 and one fan set totalling 61mm. the second fan set is just 1-2mm

too much.

f16faf4b_d080b4f6_3zw7.jpeg

Does anybody have a measurement for clearance in the bottom? So in the bottom 240 spot with a standard 25mm thick fan what is the maximum thckness of a radiator I could have without interfering with the front rad? Thanks.

From what i measured the bottom fan mounts to the bottom-front fan mount is ~68mm. Bottom fan mount to beginning of PSU box on 1200i 278mm and considering wires ~36-40mm its a no go for the 1200 and bottom rads. As you can see in the previously posted picture the 860 is still short enough.

To @Marsov, have you thought of modding the case to run two 420s? Can't remember where I found it but if you don't need the optical drive bays and front IO you could get a 45(?)mm thick rad on top and front.

The max clearance in the top is 85mm. IMO 79mm is pushing with the 8-pin power it but theoretically it will fit.  

I have the top of mine set up with an h100i in push pull (don't judge, i had the extra fans) and 25*2 for fans plus the 27 rad, makes 77, is TOO thick. I had to put in my 8 pin power before installing the cooler, and also need a insanely thin screw driver to unplug it.  don't bother more than 75mm incl fans and vibration pads(if applicable) Also for top rad mounting find some flat head screw. The round "button" ones make that magnetic mesh uneven, and it will make weird vibration noises.

will a thick 360 rad and a thick 280 be enough to cool a 5960x and 3 msi gtx 980 gaming cards, and run the fans on the lower rpms?

this might help:

too much.

From what i measured the bottom fan mounts to the bottom-front fan mount is ~68mm. Bottom fan mount to begging of PSU box on 1200i 278mm and considering wires ~36-40mm its a no go for the 1200 and bottom rads. As you can see in the previously posted picture the 860 is still short enough.

To @Marsov, have you thought of modding the case to run two 420s? Can't remember where I found it but if you don't need the optical drive bays and front IO you could get a 45(?)mm thick rad on top and front.

the last post was ment to go (here) :D

Thats a tough call. The 5960 will need 240 from what I've heard and the lower TDP of the 980's will help so if you count them as 120/per card then you will have enough to cool them but it depends on the temperatures you are looking to get. I've only done watercool planning though so don't take my word as truth. 

this might help:

-snip-

Judging by the ring position of your rear fan, it looks like an intake rather than an exaust. is that correct? The ring goes on the side that sucks the air in.

Judging by the ring position of your rear fan, it looks like an intake rather than an exaust. is that correct? The ring goes on the side that sucks the air in.

not my build, but yes the fan is mounted to intake air and provide cooling for the VRM.

• 1 month later...

So I've done this build apparently and I don't know how I found this post. I'm not sure if this has been answered because I am posting 2 months later... I actually did buy this radiator and you cannot natively mount this thing in the front. You need to use the silly holes that will align with the rad but only 4 will so you cannot get your fans to push air through the fins through from the front with all 8 screws in. The other thing is the clearance from the bottom with a standard rad will not fit a set of fans. Without some sort of modification or compromise. Check out some of my pictures for clarifiication

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/288927-just-finished-my-new-watercooled-loop/#entry3922367

• 3 months later...

this might help:

too much.

Is it possible to remove the optical-drive-bay to then mount a 420mm rad?

blubb

Is it possible to remove the optical-drive-bay to then mount a 420mm rad?

yes, but the ODD bay removal is a permanent modification. you can bend the

tray tabs in the ODD bay to allow the thicker radiators to fit (less permanent).

yes, but the ODD bay removal is a permanent modification. you can bend the

tray tabs in the ODD bay to allow the thicker radiators to fit (less permanent).

Thanks a lot!

Can you say me how the optical-drive-bay is mounted? (Screws, tabs)

Or will I have to break it up?

blubb

• 3 months later...

I Purchased the Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate for top mount in my 750D i know the website specs top mount at 360 but will the 393 Water 3.0 fit?

My Build: Corsair 750D, Corsair AX860i, Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666 CL15 32GB, Asus Sabertooth X99, Intel 5930K, Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate (Pending Install) EVGA GTX 980 TI Classified, Samsung 850 evo M.2 500GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD,  K70 RGB, M65 RGB, Asus ROG Swift PG278Q.