Why does EVERY AMD thread become a bluegreen vs red war?

Sonefiler
Go to solution Solved by XTankSlayerX,

Casue humans are assholes.

Oh no, it's turned into a flame ware and we didn't even realize.

this thread is the most gentle flaming at fanboy's I've ever seen

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

this thread is the most gentle flaming at fanboy's I've ever seen

Better than those "OH MA GOD INTEL/NVIDIA/AMD SUCKS SO BAD AMD/INTEL/NVIDIA IS SO MUCH BETTER TROLOLOLOLOLOL" flame wars. This is actually a tasteful flame.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

If we're talking about GPUs, I don't think there is a huge difference between AMD and NVIDIA. Both R9 200 and GTX 700 series were good. I first bought 2GB GTX 770 but then I needed more VRAM and couldn't find a 4GB version of 770 so I traded my GPU with a 280X. I pretty much get the same performance in games, which is fine by me, and I have more VRAM just like I wanted. Yes, CCC makes me crazy from time to time. But I honestly I'm not unhappy that I use an AMD GPU.

But if we're talking about CPUs I think Intel is one step ahead. I don't think that FX 8320-50 is a bad CPU it's just that it runs hotter and draws much more power and it's not that great on older games that doesn't really utilize more cores. I think these CPUs are in the same category with i5s and I don't think that AMD has managed to come with an answer to i7 at all.

This is just my honest opinion, if I had only 1000USD for a PC I would consider an AMD CPU, if I had more like 2K or 3K I would definitely go for Intel. This is just how it is for me. If I had more money, even though it's ridiculously overpriced I would still buy something like 5960X. If AMD had something on that price range I would consider that too. I don't choose brands.

INTEL Core i7-4790K  ASUS Maximus VII Ranger  CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 8GB 2133MHz  EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti  SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB  CORSAIR AX860i  CORSAIR Obsidian 750D

1. Fanboys

2. Haters

There you go. I go for price:performance, minus features. Features like; Physx, Mantle, Shadowplay, Freesync, Gsync, etc. are useless to me because at any moment the market can shift to the other side and you lose all of those features in the process, so I buy dependent on price:performance, therefore I never have the short end of the stick.

Exmaple;

If I am so engulfed into the Nvidia ecosystem and out of nowhere AMD comes out with a kickass card then either I get rid of my Gsync monitor, lose Physx, and have to use OBS/DXTory instead of Shadowplay because now the best card in the market is from AMD. So either I keep buying Nvidia or I switch to AMD.

/Example

I like to keep my options open, that's why I don't buy Apple products because they are too locked in. That's why I use open source/multiplatform software so I am not tied to one OS, the one exception right now is video games so hopefully this changes sooner rather than later.

I don't mind paying a premium for quality, but the quality has to be worth that premium.

1. Fanboys

2. Haters

There you go. I go for price:performance, minus features. Features like; Physx, Mantle, Shadowplay, Freesync, Gsync, etc. are useless to me because at any moment the market can shift to the other side and you lose all of those features in the process, so I buy dependent on price:performance, therefore I never have the short end of the stick.

Exmaple;

If I am so engulfed into the Nvidia ecosystem and out of nowhere AMD comes out with a kickass card then either I get rid of my Gsync monitor, lose Physx, and have to use OBS/DXTory instead of Shadowplay because now the best card in the market is from AMD. So either I keep buying Nvidia or I switch to AMD.

/Example

I like to keep my options open, that's why I don't buy Apple products because they are too locked in. That's why I use open source/multiplatform software so I am not tied to one OS, the one exception right now is video games so hopefully this changes sooner rather than later.

I don't mind paying a premium for quality, but the quality has to be worth that premium.

yeah I don't like being locked into an eco system either, if I can help it. google is probably the exception, motherboards another.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

yeah I don't like being locked into an eco system either, if I can help it. google is probably the exception, motherboards another.

Google as in Google services? If so, I don't blame you on that one, they do have quality control to some extent and versatility, however I wish I could create a YouTube account without needing a gmail/google account, I don't want one nor need one, I have my own private email server and I'd rather use that then anything else.

Motherboards are weird for me, I've always bought Gigabyte because my dad has always bought Gigabyte. They just work and we've never had a Gigabyte board fail on us, but I've had multiple ASUS boards fail. In the end it's AMD vs. Intel anyway and usually on the CPU side of things there aren't too many features so you don't have to really worry about being locked into an ecosystem there. AMD just needs to step up their game, but I think they are doing pretty well with their CPU line.

My hypothesis that I do not care to test:

AMD is underperforming in almost every category except pricepoint, and this is based on benchmarks that cannot be argued. Both Intel and Nvidia always beat them.

One would argue it's simply because Nvidia and Intel have more money to put into R&D.

Thing is, you have people from both sides who don't know how to interact, they don't know that they're system may be inferior to another - AMD CPU's are inferior to Intel's in almost (maybe not almost, but) every way. So when they see the asshat "Lol AMD sucks"-esque comments, they immediately go into defense mode, moreso than Intel/Nvidia owners do from what I've seen.

This also happens with consoles versus PC's.

People - from both sides - do not realize there is a way to talk to and learn from eachother without being complete idiots about it.

3416856308_youstartedit12855203129733846

Also, i very much disagree that amd is lacking behind in the gpu category but that is probably a point of view thing

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

Google as in Google services? If so, I don't blame you on that one, they do have quality control to some extent and versatility, however I wish I could create a YouTube account without needing a gmail/google account, I don't want one nor need one, I have my own private email server and I'd rather use that then anything else.

Motherboards are weird for me, I've always bought Gigabyte because my dad has always bought Gigabyte. They just work and we've never had a Gigabyte board fail on us, but I've had multiple ASUS boards fail. In the end it's AMD vs. Intel anyway and usually on the CPU side of things there aren't too many features so you don't have to really worry about being locked into an ecosystem there. AMD just needs to step up their game, but I think they are doing pretty well with their CPU line.

I was thinking gmail, android cell phone, google search engine, but yeah i guess youtube as well.

as far as motherboards, I was thinking intel vs. AMD. if I wanted to switch to AMD, I would also have to buy another motherboard, and possibly a new cpu cooler as mine is intel only. Also, I love Asus fan control for some weird and disturbing reason.

Also, i very much disagree that amd is lacking behind in the gpu category but that is probably a point of view thing

Well, they are underperforming compared to their competition. Radeon cards are good, but they really need an actual refresh. I'm hoping the CEO does some magic and pumps a ton more money into their R&D and they release game-changing consumer chips (CPU's and video cards). 

Well, they are underperforming compared to their competition. Radeon cards are good, but they really need an actual refresh. I'm hoping the CEO does some magic and pumps a ton more money into their R&D and they release game-changing consumer chips (CPU's and video cards). 

apparently they hired a whole bunch of old timey cpu/gpu wizards to help bring out the next x64 kind of innovation. lets just hope they are not so old that they take naps every two hours and leave their teeth in the testing chamber.

Because people love to win, feel they are right and superior, and it's fun to boo at your competitors/ underdog supporters. It's the manners/etiquette that people are missing because no one is here to judge your actions, however wrong/false/insulting/biased/hateful it is. The moderators need to get strict about these (Love the clean, educated and thoughtful and discussion at Semiaccurate Forums). I avoid this forum only because of this reason.

Here is a nice little tip:

T07SvfPl.jpg

Of course, that doesn't mean you can't crack jokes about Ubisoft, the multi billion dollar asshole, when trying to screw us up ended up screwing themselves! :lol: (see? we have a valid reason)

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

Ignoring in-game performances radeon cards perform superior to geforce cards (http://www.anandtech.com/show/7457/the-radeon-r9-290x-review/18) in rendering and stuff. I do believe it has a lot to do with drivers from amd that just dont give the performance they actually have. 

And i think we are all hoping for a bad ass new radeon chip, but to be honest im quite positive in that aspect (regarding what they have done with the 7970 ge which completly disrespected the 680 back then). Im hoping for a 20nm chip that doesnt use all too much power and has some serious power behind it.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

ps4 vs xbox (not including PC because we all know who wins that fight :P )

Haha Nice one..! :P a blow below the belt  B)

Current Rig(2014): CPU: i5 4670K OC 4.1GHz Cooler: Scythe Grand Kama Cross 2 SCKC-3000 Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87-D3HP RAM:G.SKILL RipJaws DDR3 2133MHz 16GB (4x4) CL 9-11-10-28

GPU: MSI GTX 760 OC 15% - Kraken G10 + Corsair H75 AIO SSD: 2 x 250GB Samsung 840 EVO Case NZXT H440 PSU: Cooler Master 700W silent OS: Windows 8,1 pro

Laptop (2011): MSI FX-700 CPU: i5 460M 2.53GHz RAM: Kingston 8BG (2x4) - CL7 - 1066 MHz DDR3 GPU: Nvidia Geforce GT 425M SSD: intel 530 OS: Windows 8,1 pro

If you have to ask you may not like he answer.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I bet if we slapped an nVidia/Intel sticker on the dynamo of a bycicle some people would still claim it beats Hermes himself in the benchmarks.

Could you guys stop generalising? It's never as simple as "X brand beats Y brand", you have to evaluate specific products and needs, and mind every facet, else you're lacking honesty.

People get into these arguments because they instinctively want to generalize and categorize brands into a static stereotype that X is always better than Y. Generalizations like these are meant to help us predict what product will offer what features, not as a method to judge the actual product's facts.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

i rather give my money to a company that is falling behind and if that company fell off the face of the earth due to some reasons that might not have happened yet then intel would rape our assholes with overpriced stuff. i want to help keep the underdogs here for as long as i can and if that means i have slightly less performance than slightly less performance i shall have....

I tried going to a lesser-known burger joint called Jammerz for the second time last week for the exact same reason. Good burgers, but the underdog. I wanted variety to stick around. But it looked like not many other people have the same idea. They're closed. "For lease" on the window. Booo. I applaud your logic.

• 2 weeks later...

My hypothesis that I do not care to test:

AMD is underperforming in almost every category except pricepoint, and this is based on benchmarks that cannot be argued. Both Intel and Nvidia always beat them.

One would argue it's simply because Nvidia and Intel have more money to put into R&D.

Thing is, you have people from both sides who don't know how to interact, they don't know that they're system may be inferior to another - AMD CPU's are inferior to Intel's in almost (maybe not almost, but) every way. So when they see the asshat "Lol AMD sucks"-esque comments, they immediately go into defense mode, moreso than Intel/Nvidia owners do from what I've seen.

This also happens with consoles versus PC's.

People - from both sides - do not realize there is a way to talk to and learn from eachother without being complete idiots about it.

you say exept for pricing and that's very important, if you look at pure price/performance ratio they do really well!

though i'm an bluegreen fanboy, i don't hate AMD i just dont use it myself

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

Ooh, here we go again!

Because Nvidia is always superior to AMD.

/s

you forgot "in every possible way" :D

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

People are going to argue and try to justify their decisions on where to spend their money. It is what it is.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I've always steered away from AMD, and always have gone with Intel/Nvidia for my PC builds. Which is a good start for a fanboy recipe.

But, I'm not an idiot. I know AMD is an awesome company that makes awesome products, and I still to this day have a sweet spot for that 8 core Vishera.

I'll say this, I only have limited experience with AMD. I only had a single fm2 APU and it was terrible (it was cheap) and managed to somehow bottleneck my gtx 660 (don't ask why I had an apu with a nvidia gpu....noob mistake).

I would like to try their GPU's, but when I look on newegg they just have so many complaints and bad reviews that I can't take the chance on buying one right now. that being said, I was planning on getting the sapphire toxxic r9 280x but it was sold out before I could order it.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Because arguments, constructive criticism and facts get drowned out by cognitive dissonance, expectation/conformation bias and flat-out denial of said facts. 

Especially by people arguing in favor for AMD. You can give me flak all you want, i've never got to the point of tearing my hair out arguing with someone favoring Intel or nvidia.

Cherry picking benchmarks, misrepresenting arguments made against, not understanding API's and CPU / GPU relation and constantly repeating debunked arguments. It's truly obnoxious.

For example, mantle does not favor AMD. It actually favors Intel because those CPU's have way more overhead in any given situation. But i'm pretty sure i can find people on this forum that deny something so easily demonstrated.

And take into account that AMD hasn't released a truly original or interesting piece of hardware in the last few years and you got a low expectation towards new ones. 

Honestly, I don't know what is wrong with some people. Why do you have invested interest or expectation bias towards something proven to be inferior. It's not a part of you, they don't owe you anything.

Just stop trying to convince yourself and others towards a certain conformation bias and ask different questions.

Is it smart to argue for 10 pages in a thread to prove an FX-8350 is "sort-of" just as good as an i5-4460? Wouldn't the question; - What product would be a smarter buy? - be better? I mean, any sane/wise person would just get the product using less power and which does the same on half the cores, on platforms that are from 2014 and not 2011. But no, bring out the 1440p benchmarks showing a 5% delta. It's like some sort of digital amnesia.

Especially by people arguing in favor for AMD. 

Saying things like that are going to start a flame war. Too much generalization.

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: Enermax Revolution87+ 850W | Motherboard: MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC | GPU 1: MSI R9 290X Lightning | CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k | SSD: Samsung SM951 128GB M.2 | HDDs: 2x 3TB WD Black (RAID1) | CPU Cooler: Silverstone Heligon HE01 | RAM: 4 x 4GB Team Group 1600Mhz