Can anyone benchmark Skyrim on a GTX 970 for me?

orangecat

I know my FPS is largly limited by my video memory because when i disable my enb i get 25fps and when i turn it back on i get 23fps. But thanks for the help.

2fps difference is not vRAM caused... it's likely pure lack of power. vRAM bottlenecks are windows "out of memory" type errors, huge framedrops as you progress in the world (and vRAM needs to be emptied and refilled and the game has to "wait" for it) but a decent enough average FPS (when in a small place etc with little draw distance or static envrionments, the vRAM buffer content won't change much). 

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

I get 50-60 FPS with well over 70 mods on my overclocked Gigabyte GTX 970.

1QRxjKQ.jpg

I also suggest RCRN for a great lighting & darkness overhaul that is mostly non-demanding on the system, though it won't add things like SMAA etc.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Ugridstoload 11 makes it so beautiful to look at the landscape

I wouldn't advise going above uGrids7. There are mods that change LOD distance with a single ESP. Once you install those mods, uGrids7 will look much better than unmodded uGrids11. Plus I'm pretty sure you will gain some FPS.

Everything comes at a price of course, if you don't have a powerful GPU I wouldn't advise using an ENB.

GTX770 or R9 280X is a bare minimum for a heavily modded Skyrim + High Quality ENB at 1080P.

INTEL Core i7-4790K  ASUS Maximus VII Ranger  CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 8GB 2133MHz  EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti  SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB  CORSAIR AX860i  CORSAIR Obsidian 750D