Why can't we have images as signatures ?

Dicehunter

Noticed this is one of the few forums were I haven't been able to have an image as a signature, Will this change in the future ?

Battle.Net - Dicehunter#2746

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

Yeah I agree with @Andi, signitures with pics in them are spamming, big, and just annoying lol.

Me: Yeah I just really can't get my H220 working again, I've tried everything that was suggested in the forum.

Brian (Swiftech Support): Hmm, have you tried slapping it?

i hope not... :D

Yeah I agree with @Andi, signitures with pics in them are spamming, big, and just annoying lol.

Implement a maximum y-axis length.

I'm going to talk to Slick when he gets back about having CPU-Z size images however that'll be the limit no doubt.

I'm going to talk to Slick when he gets back about having CPU-Z size images however that'll be the limit no doubt.

That seems like a bit too much, maybe 200-300 pixels in height at most.

Implement a maximum y-axis length.

They still make the forum look more ugly, imagine everyone posting on this thread having different colored images under their posts, imo that would look bad. I can also guarantee you a ton of people would use GIFs too, which would be spamming af

Me: Yeah I just really can't get my H220 working again, I've tried everything that was suggested in the forum.

They still make the forum look more ugly, imagine everyone posting on this thread having different colored images under their posts, imo that would look bad. I can also guarantee you a ton of people would use GIFs too, which would be spamming af

We already have avatars with GIFs, and couldn't we simply disallow GIFs in signatures?

I was expecting something similar to the Youtube channel banner in people's signatures if images were allowed in them, that could look really professional.

We already have avatars with GIFs, and couldn't we simply disallow GIFs in signatures?

I was expecting something similar to the Youtube channel banner in people's signatures if images were allowed in them, that could look really professional.

Ya but those are small, but you're right if they can block GIFs that would solve that. I'd be 100% on board on the idea if that's what I think people would do with their signitures, but by experience in other forums I know that a ton of people either use the picture for advertising, or make them flashy and annoying. That being said, this is the best forum I've ever been on and I've only seen a hand full of goof balls, so this could probably work.

Anyway this is all IMO, I'm not trying to say this stuff like it's fact or anything.

Ya but those are small, but you're right if they can block GIFs that would solve that. I'd be 100% on board on the idea if that's what I think people would do with their signitures, but by experience in other forums I know that a ton of people either use the picture for advertising, or make them flashy and annoying. That being said, this is the best forum I've ever been on and I've only seen a hand full of goof balls, so this could probably work.

Anyway this is all IMO, I'm not trying to say this stuff like it's fact or anything.

Maybe if we imposed rules against advertising, etc. and/or made images in signatures exclusive to people with x number of posts?

Images take up too much bandwith, I'm guessing. And not all people have that much high speed internet for speedy load times.

If you're gonna allow images on a signature, I'm suggesting to limit it to a certain dimension, or file size.

Large images, no thank you, I am fine with little ones, like badges and small icons, but not full blown images. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

Size limits are a thing you know. Also, how is having an image in your signature spamming unless it's just an ad out and out?

I'm already getting annoyed at people with spec lists listed on each line individually taking up a good 15 lines. Place it together so I don't have a page full of your specs every time I read some post. Pictures would be an annoyance. I like the clean look of the forum and having everyone with random pictures I think would be to much. I already don't like the animated profile pictures that are quite bright it is distraction and quite annoying.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

In my experience from other forums i was ok with it when a forum is about specific game, so people would put their characters link or image of them. But on anything else i don't want it, sorry i don't want to look at furriy....random..etc images (no offence) but cpu-z might be ok.

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

I liked having them on the last forum I was on. I dont think they are a good idea however for a large community. Everyone will want something different, and from what ive seen on big forums, just about every one has multiple images and links which clutters the forum with crap. There should be an area on your profile you can customize for that sort of thing. If someone is interested they can go find out and if not it will keep threads looking nice and tidy.

Well, seeing as I'm spending a week on dialup speeds I much enjoy the lack of images.

This is literally the only site that's not bloated to the point that it's unusable at these speeds.
Can't even log into a government website. whatever happened to a HTML option online for those with low speeds?

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

I really hate it when people put 1920x1080 images in their signatures and just blind you with garbage that you don't need. I'd rather not have images at all.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

No way, no images, not even CPU-Z images :(

They're sharing a drink they call loneliness, but it's better than drinkin' alone...

BitFenix Prodigy Black / Intel Core i7 3770K / Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI mITX / ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DCUII 2GB / Corsair Vengance LP 8GB (2x4096MB) CL9 1600Mhz / Corsair SF600 - 600W  / Corsair H70 Push Pull

yeah there shouldn't be images in sig's, it would distory people with low bandwidth and it would make the forum fugly 

Its all about those volumetric clouds

I like it this way more... not too much spam.

And since I have a horrible connection, not having to load these pictures in is a great thing.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

Please no images in signatues, currently the forum look nice and clean. If images will be allowed this will turn into rainbow throw up contest.