Ugliest Tech Ever

You are right. Simple things can be beautiful. But Fractal designs aren't simplistic, they're "minimalist", meaning they are designed for function and not form.

If they did truly design it for 100% function and not form, then why did they bother with a gorgeous faux brushed aluminum bezel? Or bothering with upgrading the moduvents to look less like last-minute shoving foam into a case to block off the vents? If they weren't thinking of aesthetics at all, why would they offer a version with a windowed side panel? Yes, it is a minimalist design, but you can have a minimalist design that looks gorgeous, and they did a damn good job of pulling off both looks and features in my opinion.

Your argument is like saying that IKEA furniture can't look nice because of its minimalist style. If that's the case, then why is it one of the trendier choices for nice, modern-looking decor?

Just to add, minimalism is an art, and all art can be beautiful in some way, shape, or form. I personally believe that the R5 is beautifully designed in both function and aesthetics.

If they did truly design it for 100% function and not form, then why did they bother with a gorgeous faux brushed aluminum bezel? Or bothering with upgrading the moduvents to look less like last-minute shoving foam into a case to block off the vents? If they weren't thinking of aesthetics at all, why would they offer a version with a windowed side panel? Yes, it is a minimalist design, but you can have a minimalist design that looks gorgeous, and they did a damn good job of pulling off both looks and features in my opinion.

Your argument is like saying that IKEA furniture can't look nice because of its minimalist style. If that's the case, then why is it one of the trendier choices for nice, modern-looking decor?

What I'm saying is that they, and their fans, need to stop using the word minimalistic, and start using the correct term of "simplistic".

"Boring" would also be acceptable.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

What I'm saying is that they, and their fans, need to stop using the word minimalistic, and start using the correct term of "simplistic".

You are right. Simple things can be beautiful. But Fractal designs aren't simplistic, they're "minimalist", meaning they are designed for function and not form.

Which is correct? Minimalist or Simplistic? You're contradicting yourself.

And it's not your computer, and no one is forcing you to use this case. You can call it a boring box all you want, but a lot of people are able to see and appreciate the beauty in its design, both in function and aesthetic.

Which is correct? Minimalist or Simplistic? You're contradicting yourself.

And it's not your computer, and no one is forcing you to use this case. You can call it a boring box all you want, but a lot of people are able to see and appreciate the beauty in its design, both in function and aesthetic.

I'm saying that if it is truly minimalist, it can't be good looking, if it is good looking, then it's simplistic and not minimalist.

Also I'm just tired of seeing them and seeing people recommend them. I'd like to see people put some effort into their custom rigs rather than just stuffing them all into the same boring boxes all the time. Get something that isn't ridiculous over the top (not "gamer looking") like a TT Core X2, X9, or V2 and then make it look unique.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I'm saying that if it is truly minimalist, it can't be good looking, if it is good looking, then it's simplistic and not minimalist.

Also I'm just tired of seeing them and seeing people recommend them. I'd like to see people put some effort into their custom rigs rather than just stuffing them all into the same boring boxes all the time. Get something that isn't ridiculous over the top (not "gamer looking") like a TT Core X2, X9, or V2 and then make it look unique.

Minimalism is a type of art in which the beauty is found in the fact that it is simple.

And for me, personally, the Core cases are hideous, and they also lack the silence that the Define series cases are based around. To me, the features vs price on the Core X2/X9/etc. vs Define R4/R5/S clearly point to the Define series. They're much more modular, offer a door to cover up ugly optical drives for those who use them (like me), unbeatable silence, etc. The only thing I personally think the Core cases have over the Define cases is the more open cooling. However, openness of a case only does so much in terms of cooling, and I could easily get similar temps in a Define Case with optimal fan/radiator positioning and curves. Another point I'd like to make is how awful it is to clean a case with that many tiny holes. No matter how often you dust it, it always ends up looking like a dust magnet after a while, and I rather not have to sit around with a tissue-wrapped toothpick to get in every little vent hole to clean it.

This "thing" obviously.

thermal2-580x326.jpg

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Finger_pointing.jpg

You

2dc69f3eb4e6669332e9db1c3f5150f993c2fc72

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

My backup phone, its so ugly i find it to be beautifull. (Binatone The Brick)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

Wait... how can your rig not run Fallout 4 on Ultra?  We pretty much have the same rig...

I mean it can, but the frame drops are real. As with literally anyone else's computer.

Spoiler

sniperonio

what exactly is that meant to be? 

Got an RC? head over to The Rc Thread and tell us about it, or you can just discuss rc in general there as well.

overly obsessed with 2 strokes and RCs

BRAAAAAAPPP

Spoiler

upgrading to:i5 6600k|MSI  z170a SLI Plus|1x8GB HYPERX Black| keeping the rest of my system the same for a few months until i have enough money for a better gpu,psu and an m.2 ssd

Spoiler

my baby:2008 Ktm 125 sx 

Spoiler

current rig:core 2 quad q6600@stock|asus p5q deluxe| 4GB of mix matched ddr2| saphirre r9 270x dual x| hyper212 evo w/ 2 sp120s| corsair cx 500m ikr time bomb| wd blue 1TB| corsair spec- 03|MSX home 64bit|

I mean it can, but the frame drops are real. As with literally anyone else's computer.

Really?  Mine runs fine.  I don't get any frame drops at all.

I think all of the Corsair SPEC cases are incredibly hideous

they r so nice

But it looks really nice :c

It looks like a mini fridge.

And it's ironic because that case is so good at cooling

It looks like a mini fridge.

And it's ironic because that case is so good at cooling

No it would be ironic if it wasn't good at cooling.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

"ugliest computer" on google images

ToiletPC01-970-80.jpg

nhp_caseless_slide-5230258.jpg

hand-mouse.thumbnail.JPG

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*