Ugliest Tech Ever

H630-White.jpg

Wait how the fck do you cool that thing?

It looks as if the peasants have risen up, and found swords!

But their sword's look a little short, if you know what I mean!

Good! The squires need training anyway!

Found this on Amazon when searching for a PC Case.

Link here.

21PA2nVj2GL.jpg

EDIT: Plus, it costs £236.27 (Approximately $368.04 US Dollars : $427.27 Canadian Dollars)

Looks like they took a snail shell or a turbocharger and said "hey that would be a GREAT computer case!"

Wait how the fck do you cool that thing?

Ya don't :P

Or put it in the freezer :P

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

Oh, forgot, 99% of non reference coolers. 

This. EVGA is one of the few companies who make non-reference cards that look sexy as hell. Then again, I like the sleek, classy look to my PC rather than what I call "muscle car" rigs. (You know, the cases that have like seventeen different angles on the panels to make them look cool and edgy... No pun intended.)

Now, I'm not sure if this is THE ugliest GPU I've ever sen, but it definitely pissed me off when I found it. The casing looked great and instantly caught my eye as a potential card I'd use. It's a good balance of sleek and "muscle-car." 

20150728110704_big.png

AND THEN I SAW THE BACK OF IT...

20150728110722_big.png

It looks AWFUL, and since it's the part of the card you'll actually see in the build, it just instantly made me sad. They used an incredibly short version of the card and put the fan at the end like it was an afterthought. All they would have had to do was throw in a backplate and it would have been a great looking card! 

Anything apple makes

But it looks really nice :c

It's supposed to be a minimalist case. Therefore, by its very nature, it cannot look nice. It can only function at a bare minimum for what a case needs to do.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

It's supposed to be a minimalist case. Therefore, by its very nature, cannot look nice. It can only function at a bare minimum for what a case needs to do.

But it looks nice :P

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

It's supposed to be a minimalist case. Therefore, by its very nature, it cannot look nice. It can only function at a bare minimum for what a case needs to do.

I personally think the R5 (and its brothers) is the most beautiful under $150 case on the market, and it has absolutely wonderful features as well. It's optimized for silence while having some of the most diverse mounting options for radiators in its price range The only thing I like more is that new Lian Li Cube with the glass side panels and LEDs? I forget the name off the top of my head. I do understand that some people don't care for the minimalist approach, though. You're free to dislike it, just like I'm free to dislike 90% of the other cases on the market -- especially ones like the Phantom Series! Eugh.

Also, I found a new ugly tech on the newest LTT video! This is honestly the ugliest case I've ever seen. I rather go with that Lian Li shell case someone linked above!

r2-c9.png

Nexus 6 just because its sheer size.

I love my nexus 6 :D

I do think the s6 edge phones are ugly.  

my work in progress

i5 6600k  //  16gb g.skill ddr4 3000  //  evga gtx 980

custom water loop

But it looks nice :P

Except that it can't, because that wouldn't be minimalist.

I personally think the R5 (and its brothers) is the most beautiful under $150 case on the market, and it has absolutely wonderful features as well. It's optimized for silence while having some of the most diverse mounting options for radiators in its price range The only thing I like more is that new Lian Li Cube with the glass side panels and LEDs? I forget the name off the top of my head. I do understand that some people don't care for the minimalist approach, though. You're free to dislike it, just like I'm free to dislike 90% of the other cases on the market -- especially ones like the Phantom Series! Eugh.

Also, I found a new ugly tech on the newest LTT video! This is honestly the ugliest case I've ever seen. I rather go with that Lian Li shell case someone linked above!

-snip

I think I've finally found something worse than Apple fanboys, Fractal fanboys.

It's a plain looking box. Nothing more. :P

How about anything made by Mad Catz

rat1.jpg

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

ae-sycloneii-both-large.jpg

*retches 

Tokyo Sunshine:Corsair 750d case with custom lighting, Asus ROG Maximus VIII Z170, Intel i5-6600 processor, 16gb HyperX Fury DDR4 RAM, MSI r9 270x 4gb@ 1300mhz mem clock, Sandisk Ultra II SSD 256gb, 2x 1tb HDD

anything without a backplate

ATI_Radeon_HD5770_Back_01.jpg

We're all dying slowly

Pentium G3258 3.2 ghz / ECS z97 pk MOBO / Intel Stock Cooler / R9 290 DD / Corsair Carbide Air 240 / 4GB mushkin stealth ram at 1600 / XFX 650W 80+ gold PSU / Kingston v300 240GB drive W/300GB seagate drive / HP x2301 / Gateway KB / Monoprice GM

That is the very limited edition Cyberman case, didn't you know? :P JK

This case should've been Deleted if that was true

You know how it is, the cow goes "moo", the dog goes "woof" and the gamer goes "The PvP is unbalanced."

Spoiler

Personal Computer: CPU: i7-4790 Mobo: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 Graphics Card: MSI R9-380  Memory: 16GB (8GB x2) G. Skill Sniper Gaming Series PSU: Apevia Warlock 750W Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Series Storage: 240GB SSD (OS) 3TB HDD (data and such) 500 GB SSD (Movies and Large Data Transfers (I'm constantly moving this one around to other computers))

137648-bondi-imac_386.jpg

I actually still have this monster standing on my desk, really dont know why :D

Using toilet paper both-sided: sucess lies in your hands.

Except that it can't, because that wouldn't be minimalist.

I think I've finally found something worse than Apple fanboys, Fractal fanboys.

It's a plain looking box. Nothing more. :P

So nothing simplistic can be beautiful? That makes no sense. What about the sky? It's just blue with some white stuff here and there. It's simple, yet beautiful. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so let's just agree to disagree that it's beautiful or ugly or whatever you may think, rather than throwing around how it's impossible for something to be beautiful due to it being simple.

So nothing simplistic can be beautiful? That makes no sense. What about the sky? It's just blue with some white stuff here and there. It's simple, yet beautiful. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so let's just agree to disagree that it's beautiful or ugly or whatever you may think, rather than throwing around how it's impossible for something to be beautiful due to it being simple.

You are right. Simple things can be beautiful. But Fractal designs aren't simplistic, they're "minimalist", meaning they are designed for function and not form.