Ugliest Tech Ever

Some bad looking PC cases:

fwPD7YZ.jpg

and some software:

uQDkF59.jpg

Just my personal opinion, but 99,99% of all PC cases with a sidepanel windows look terrible.

sWB46kF.jpg

@TheSLSAMG had some weird software that had a typo in it... although I can't remember what it was. I feel like it was a CD or something?

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

-snip-

Old afterburner was much better. Precision X 15 was better than 16 and that old stuff there. Those cases are nasty though.

Case windows are great. My game/slight show rig is coming together slowly. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

2rf4zfa.jpg

Project Cobalt: 

CPU: AMD FX 8370 Motherboard:

Asus M5A97 R2.0

RAM: G.Skill Ares 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133 GPU:

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT H440 (Blue)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 256GB +  2x 1TB WD Cavier Blue

PSU: Corsair 750G2 

CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220X

Keyboard: Model M + a lot of others 

Mouse: Logitech G502

Vintage Gaming PC: AMD Athlon T-Bird 800Mhz, Gainward nVidia Ti200 128MB, 512MB Crucial RAM DDR, Compaq ASPEN 2 OEM Board, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, Windows 98SE

Speaking of GPU's.

vrv9kx.jpg

11qgvmw.jpg

Project Cobalt: 

Asus M5A97 R2.0

Vintage Gaming PC: AMD Athlon T-Bird 800Mhz, Gainward nVidia Ti200 128MB, 512MB Crucial RAM DDR, Compaq ASPEN 2 OEM Board, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, Windows 98SE

It's the bright orange fanblades that offend me the most. The gold wasn't that garishly done, unlike their more modern offerings.

51k5eaov8VL.jpg

Although the cooler itself looks a lot more effective, and has got to be quieter than their 580 was.

41yKaovCJvL.jpg

Which cannot be said for frankly the cheapest looking 970 I've ever seen.

Here, have an even cheaper looking 970

gtx970-bigger-2.jpg

gtx970-bigger-3.jpg

Cause nothing says 'high quality expensive GPU' like blue PCBs and what appears to be a large sticker on the cooler.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

Here, have an even cheaper looking 970

Cause nothing says 'high quality expensive GPU' like blue PCBs and what appears to be a large sticker on the cooler.

Ha! Awesome. It looks so retro... in all the worst ways!

I didn't mean actual strength; all modern smartphones are sadly succeptible to breaking, I meant actual build quality of materieals and how weighty and solid it feels in the hand. I fear to get truly strong phones, we'd have to sacrifice weight, size, and even materials.

It depends on what you mean by "sacrifice". If a material is more resistant, that's all there is to know. If plastic proves to be more effective than aluminium for phone manufacturing, which in many cases it has, then even if the material is cheaper or not as good-looking it is still superior. Plastic is also very light, lighter than metal. I don't really care how it "feels in my hand" if it breaks when it falls. If it feels delicate but would break the floor upon falling then it's the way to go. Weight is not an issue, it has never been with phones in the last 10 years. And as for size, I don't think anyone would prefer having a slimmer phone for no real reason to a thicker one that is more resistant.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

@TheSLSAMG had some weird software that had a typo in it... although I can't remember what it was. I feel like it was a CD or something?

Yep, it was a CD for a cheap-ass webcam. Said "PC CMAERA"

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Oh, forgot, 99% of non reference coolers. 

msi-gtx780-front.jpg

Dude that Twin FrozR is SEXY!

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

this

post-95374-0-21124200-1420158313_thumb.p

"YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

- Gandalf the Grey

Dude that Twin FrozR is SEXY!

I have one and damn does it look fine with a black and red motherboard.

"YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

- Gandalf the Grey

304604-apple-macbook-pro-13-inch-retina-

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

I have one and damn does it look fine with a black and red motherboard.

Agreed, especially the brushed black is gorgeos if you hold it in hand, it feels so nice! :D

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

304604-apple-macbook-pro-13-inch-retina-

I dont know what some people call ugly xD.

geforce-gtx-760-front.png

MSI_HD7970_Boost_Edition_Twin_Frozr_1.jp

Asus-Z97-Deluxe.jpg

841_m.jpg<-- Like seriously. What is that complete BS?

689x465xcase.jpg.pagespeed.ic.SD3BNqHvK1<-- Some people call it "sleek design" i call it straight up ugly.

303293-microsoft-wedge-touch-mouse.jpg...

Microsoft-Sculpt-Ergonomic-Mouse-1376413

And every single smart watch besides the moto 360

?!?!?!?!?!?!

iPhones are the most solidly-built and (aside from the 6's antenna lines) most well-designed phones on the market. Nothing but the M8 has come close in recent memory, and that's an 'old' phone now. Even my 4S feels better in the hand than most new Android flagships!

/rant

I would say the Moto X and M8 have the best build quality on the market by a long shot. The iPhone is made of very thin aluminum, hence the fact that they bend.

"YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

- Gandalf the Grey

?!?!?!?!?!?!

iPhones are the most solidly-built and (aside from the 6's antenna lines) most well-designed phones on the market. Nothing but the M8 has come close in recent memory, and that's an 'old' phone now. Even my 4S feels better in the hand than most new Android flagships!

/rant

I have a Oneplus One, and it may not be made of metal to the exent of the iPhone, but god damn it feels good in the hand. This coming from a iPhone 5S without a case 80% of the time. Also I never realized how iPhone users like I once was, was living under a rock. They dont know what there missing out on. I actually kinda feel bad for them. :D  Yes metal feels good, not denying that, but other materials can be just as good, and in some cases, like the Sandstone Back of my One, feels better! 

Project Cobalt: 

Asus M5A97 R2.0

gigabyte-g1-assassin-2.jpg

This isn't the worst sin ever, but come on.. a mobo this expensive and the chipset heatsink is a STANAG mag... really? Yeah, we get it. CoD, guns, gamers.. don't need to shove it down our throats.

This isn't the worst sin ever, but come on.. a mobo this expensive and the chipset heatsink is a STANAG mag... really? Yeah, we get it. CoD, guns, gamers.. don't need to shove it down our throats.

It's not that common to find a decent motherboard now that would suit an nvidia themed build though, so there is that.

It's not that common to find a decent motherboard now that would suit an nvidia themed build though, so there is that.

No you are correct, and honestly I don't even mind the colors.  Not my taste, but not awful.  Even the VRM cooler looks fine.  For me, it is just the Chipset that absolutely ruins the board.

Found this on Amazon when searching for a PC Case.

Link here.

21PA2nVj2GL.jpg

EDIT: Plus, it costs £236.27 (Approximately $368.04 US Dollars : $427.27 Canadian Dollars)

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Code of Conduct ■ Suggestions ■ Report a Bug ■ FAQ with Windspeed36 ■ Useful Links ■ Memes