POLL: Top Banner on the Forum for Linus Media Group Office Campaign - Yay or nay?

I have no issue with it.
The fact that you felt you should ask is why I'm fine with it, it's another example of the office mentality. Although, that AT&T thing .... :D

CPU: FX 6300 @ stock Mobo: Gigabyte 990FX UD5 v3.0 GPU: 1 x R9 290 4GB RAM: 24GB DDR3 1600 SSD: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB HDD: 1 x 1TB & 1 x 500GB PSU: BeQuiet PowerZone 1000W Case: Coolermaster Elite 370 (upside down due to lack of stick thermal pads for memory heatsinks) CPU Cooler: Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120 GPU Coolers: Thermalright HR03-GT Fans: 5 x Akasa Apache Blacks, 1 x Corsair 120mm SP HP (GPU) & 1 x Noctua 92mm
Most of this was from mining rig, hence the scewy specs (especially PSU)

I've stopped donating due to advertising choices already so do whatever you guys want imo.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I've stopped donating due to advertising choices already so do whatever you guys want imo.

Can you be specific? Was that just the AT&T thing, or was there additional advertising choices that you disagree with?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Can you be specific? Was that just the AT&T thing, or was there additional advertising choices that you disagree with?

The Samsung ad underneath the logo being shown to contributors. It's unpaid and unsolicited, they're just pumped about Samsung helping out the forum server, which is sweet. It's the idea to me. An unpaid unsolicited ad is still an ad.

The fish has to be the fish and the old man has to be the old man.

Edit: I liked the AT&T thing, esp the home connected one.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

The Samsung ad underneath the logo being shown to contributors. It's unpaid and unsolicited, they're just pumped about Samsung helping out the forum server, which is sweet. It's the idea to me. An unpaid unsolicited ad is still an ad.

The fish has to be the fish and the old man has to be the old man.

Edit: I liked the AT&T thing, esp the home connected one.

Interesting. Fair enough, although in my opinion I'd say it's borderline whether that counts as an Ad. Have you voiced these concerns to the Mods/Admin Team? You could make an argument that contributors should see the unaltered original LTT logo.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Interesting. Fair enough, although in my opinion I'd say it's borderline whether that counts as an Ad. Have you voiced these concerns to the Mods/Admin Team? You could make an argument that contributors should see the unaltered original LTT logo.

Yes I've talked to the leadership about it. It's cool.

Well, I voted no. But honestly, I won't see it anyways.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

I sense a new GreaseMonkey script coming on :lol:

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

"Casual Visitors"   hahahahahahahaha

Intel i7 4790k / MSI Z97M / Hyper 212 Evo / MSI Twin Frozr GTX 770 / 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz / Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 / Corsair CS750M / Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD /  WD Blue 1TB

Here's to new videos in a (better?) setting!!!

Top banner for fundraising is a great and effective way to get more money so you guys have "so much more room for activities"

Yes, but I would like there to be an option to be removed for forum members who are logged in.

Or people who have seen it, can simply block it with an Ad-blocker.

Is it possible to block just a single ad on a website? or do you have to block the entire domain?

Well I think it'll replace the main banner. 

I'll be making  a bit of css for the stylish plugin to change it back to the old one for those who have already donated, or are certain they wont/can't. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Thanks you for the poll. Very considerate. I almost don't care how invasive it might be now.

As someone who has already decided to throw at least $10 to the cause... Go for it.

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask! 

Yes, no objection here  :)

Good luck on your move. Also what will happen to your water cooled room  :P

A tastefully designed pixel art advertisement by Edzel would be cool ;) (I presume this would take over the current design at the top of the site)

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

I would be fine with you posting other advertising to pay for the new place too. Do whatever you want.

Just make sure its really flashy and auto plays a really loud sound.  That's the only way to reach kids these days.

What is this?

As you may or may not have heard, we are moving to a new office very very soon! This is extremely exciting for all of us, as it means that we will have the space to put together amazing sets for our current shows as well as any shows that may come in the future. It also gives us the space to pick up some new team members here at LMG, something that we are pretty much out of in our current office...

Over the next month and a bit, we will be running a crowdfunding campaign through the forum to help supplement our moving expenses and renovation costs. There will be some very cool contributor rewards and quite a few awesome stretch goals (more info on those soon :D :D).

Now, many moons ago when the forum was but a wee discussion board, we promised that we would never add a top banner ad to our site. We know that many of you guys appreciate that, and we never plan to accept payment for a top banner spot on our forum.

However, with your approval, we would love to be able to advertise our own crowdfunding campaign in the top banner spot. Obviously our dedicated community members will find out about the campaign either way, but casual visitors might not see it unless it is prominently displayed in a spot like the top banner.

So please answer the poll and leave your thoughts down below. Can we add a top banner for our own campaign? Would we be going against our word to do so even though it's for our own campaign with no third party involved?

Rest assured, we won't be adding a top banner ad for our crowdfunding campaign unless there is an immensely positive response to this poll.

Thanks everyone!

-Nick

I would not have an issue with the idea, if your against 3rd party ads and you want to advertise your crowdfunding then its your own ad, it would be a good place so people can find it too

Project Devils Delight

Mobo:ASUS B85 PRO Gamer  CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k   RAM: 8GB Kingston HYPERX Beast 1600Mhz    GPU PowerColor Devils 13 Dual Core 290X

Case: Corsair Air 540 strips Storage: Samsung 256GB SSD and a 1TB WD Black (2013 Model)                                                                                                       

I don't care as long as it doesn't have moving parts - sites with a lot of this kind of 'ad' lag my browser, especially if I stack up a lot of tabs (which I definitely do).