[G SIX] LukaP's Mac Pro G5 Log [Phase: Back online]

LukaP

Guys, the people who Im orderign the backplate from havent responded to my mail, so i cant pay them or anything. any idea how to write them without sounding like an ass, since its only 1 day

Just say, the build/whatever you're planing with it is urgent and ask. :D

who cares...

Just say, the build/whatever you're planing with it is urgent and ask. :D

ill do that tomorrow, if i dont get a response. i want to first just remind them, i suspect the person just forgot to respond, since usually, i got the mail back at exactly 8:15am

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

ohh looks like i'm in time

-sneaks in sub-

you are definitely not late ;)

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

UPDATE

Its official, the name will be "G FIVE" "G SIX" from now on :) The backplate is completed, and I will have some time to take the case apart tomorrow, since i have fallen sick.

Edited by LukaP

Its official, the name will be "G FIVE" from now on :) The backplate is completed, and I will have some time to take the case apart tomorrow, since i have fallen sick.

The name "G FIVE" reminds me of that cheapo Chinese-made 'smartphone' someone I know from Dubai brought over... It was branded G'FIVE... Apparently a shortened "Give Me Five"... It broke within two months of use...

The name "G FIVE" reminds me of that cheapo Chinese-made 'smartphone' someone I know from Dubai brought over... It was branded G'FIVE... Apparently a shortened "Give Me Five"... It broke within two months of use...

well thanks for that .-. got a better idea?

G SIX maybe?

Hah, like G FIVE, but now with 100% more 1. :P

well thanks for that .-. got a better idea?

lol call it g force

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

lol call it g force

Better yet. The G spot huh -.-

Better yet. The G spot huh -.-

If you want :P.

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

That's actually not a bad name.

dude... no... G SIX sounds good.

dude... no... G SIX sounds good.

That makes me think of a song, but I love the name.

[spoiler=:P]

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Could change the Windows login sound to the song... That'd be cool.

That'd be interesting.. Or at least have it play one line in the song saying, "Like a G6."

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Here is the backplate on grabcad for anyone who wishes to do anything similar, or just wants to tinker with it

https://grabcad.com/library/powermac-g5-atx-conversion-backplate-1

Here is the backplate on grabcad for anyone who wishes to do anything similar, or just wants to tinker with it

https://grabcad.com/library/powermac-g5-atx-conversion-backplate-1

I like it. I guess calling it a G6 would make sense as it could be an alternative from the G5. :P Can't wait to see it finished!

Spoiler

Spoiler

I like it. I guess calling it a G6 would make sense as it could be an alternative from the G5. :P Can't wait to see it finished!

well ive sent the thingy to the people, waiting for them to do their thing and send the thing :P or something xD

Subbed, can't wait to see final results :D

Thank you, you wont be dissapointed :)

Why did you add a number to the name?

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

The case is from a Power Mac G5. :P

If you're wondering about the G6 part, eh, because it sounds better. :D

Spoiler

Spoiler

Well its a PowerMac G5. It was originally going to be called G FIVE, but in light of recent marketing tactics, its now The all new G SIX, now one more than five! :P

Well its a PowerMac G5. It was originally going to be called G FIVE, but in light of recent marketing tactics, its now The all new G SIX, now one more than five! :P

Could pull a Microsoft and skip to G7.. Nah, G6 sounds better.

Spoiler

Spoiler