[G SIX] LukaP's Mac Pro G5 Log [Phase: Back online]

LukaP

Followed

Thank you, much appreciated :)

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Ok i got the quotes for laser cutting and powder coating. It will be about 50€ all together... :/

Sure wish I had that much...

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Ok i got the quotes for laser cutting and powder coating. It will be about 50€ all together... :/

Sure wish I had that much...

Why are you later cutting? 

Wouldn't a dremel job and then a wire wheel cleanup save time/money?

Probably wants the case to look as clean as possible. :)

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

1. Laser is up to 0.01mm accurate, i am not.
  2. Id need to invest in a dremel.
  3. Laser costs me 35€, dremel costs me 150€ :P
  4. I have a slight hand eye discoordination that im not sure how it could affect my cutting.

Does anyone have any idea how to name it? I want to cut the name out on the back panel, but the only thing that comes to mind is "G5" which is kinda boring xD

(or G Five, as i have now)

So, onwards with suggestions, my friends

UPDATE

Got the backplate finished in Solidworks (apart from the name). Its ATX (7 PCIe ports) with one 120mm fan, and the hole for the power cable left untouched ;)

y5jU3m1.jpg

Got the backplate finished in Solidworks (apart from the name). Its ATX (7 PCIe ports) with one 120mm fan, and the hole for the power cable left untouched ;)

-snip-

Sweet. I will be excited to see it when it is finally finished. :)

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Looks good! 

Pro tip: radius the outside corners just a hair so the laser doesn't have to pause. If it has a radius, even if it is just .25mm, the laser can continuously follow the path without stopping. This increases the quality of the cut and decreases the possibility of warpage and reduces laser time. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Does anyone have any idea how to name it? I want to cut the name out on the back panel, but the only thing that comes to mind is "G5" which is kinda boring xD

call it Luka 5. What software did you use?

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Looks good! 

Pro tip: radius the outside corners just a hair so the laser doesn't have to pause. If it has a radius, even if it is just .25mm, the laser can continuously follow the path without stopping. This increases the quality of the cut and decreases the possibility of warpage and reduces laser time. 

Ive actually done that, like 1 minute after rendering haha :P

call it Luka 5. What software did you use?

Naah i dont wanna use my own name on it ;)

SolidWorks 2014

Ive actually done that, like 1 minute after rendering haha :P

Naah i dont wanna use my own name on it ;)

SolidWorks 2014

Will there be a 2nd part for the pci brackets? 

VT 5 :D

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Will there be a 2nd part for the pci brackets? 

VT 5 :D

Im planning on trying to salvage those and a tray from an old case (i have 2) if possible. otherwise i will raise money to order the MountainMods one xD

LG G5?

/jk

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

LG G5?

/jk

haha, original xD

Man the one my school had was thrown out, these dumb idiots...

I'll have to wait for another one to come in and I am gonna snatch it as quick as I can. 

Man the one my school had was thrown out, these dumb idiots...

I'll have to wait for another one to come in and I am gonna snatch it as quick as I can. 

go to the dumpster and take it ;) its such a magnificent piece

I can't they throw it out properly. Not just in the dumpster :P

then tell the guy in charge to save one up for you

So this is what that baffling snapchat was about. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

So this is what that baffling snapchat was about. 

YEEEES :D :D it will be really sexy in the end ;) follow and youll see haha :*

then tell the guy in charge to save one up for you

I did, but the last one is a goner! 

I did, but the last one is a goner! 

:( if i sniff one out somewhere, and dont use it for spares, ill send it over k? :) where you from

:( if i sniff one out somewhere, and dont use it for spares, ill send it over k? :) where you from

I'm in NJ but its ok, my stupid school bought tons of them, I'll get one soon.

Thanks tho