[G SIX] LukaP's Mac Pro G5 Log [Phase: Back online]

LukaP

You're using Imgur, aren't you bae? Because I can't see them at school. :(

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Oh you started this already. followed

Well dad surprised me with some helpful information and such, so i figured i have time, why not.

If this turns out good, I will try to get a G5 case too, 

Do it, its a great case, solid, roomy, sexy

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Yes :/ its the best image website out there... how long till you are done? 

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Yes :/ its the best image website out there... how long till you are done? 

Couple hours. I find Flickr to be the best though.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Couple hours. I find Flickr to be the best though.

i cant stand flickr. if you want i can send you a zip

i cant stand flickr. if you want i can send you a zip

Meh. I won't be online until 3:30 or 4 or something like that (and it's 1 now). I'll just have to wait.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Meh. I won't be online until 3:30 or 4 or something like that (and it's 1 now). I'll just have to wait.

Ok then... Well you're in for a treat.

My school did that to some sites. No longer an issue. Use HotSpot Shield m8 ;)

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

My school did that to some sites. No longer an issue. Use HotSpot Shield m8 ;)

if the school is smart they would have blocked that too.

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

School... Smart...? What?

They aren't, my "Tech" teacher, who is like the chief of tech on the school, was dumber than me...

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

School... Smart...? What?

well in my defense i did say if.

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

Ok back on topic. Does anyone know if Mountain Mods ship to EU (and what's the price) or if there is a similar shop here that I could use for the most tray and back io?

Ok back on topic. Does anyone know if Mountain Mods ship to EU (and what's the price) or if there is a similar shop here that I could use for the most tray and back io?

Well the euro is on the website so definite maybe

edit: ah here we go

Mountain Mods ships WORLD-WIDE!

Well the euro is on the website so definite maybe

edit: ah here we go

Alright I've checked them out and they are way out of my bracket, shipping wise. If someone knows something in Europe I'd be very grateful

UPDATE

I've figured out a way to fit atx in there. Now i need to decide whether I want that. Or do I stay with mATX

I say whichever fits the hole best. ;)

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

UPDATE

I've figured out a way to fit atx in there. Now i need to decide whether I want that. Or do I stay with mATX

You still only have the 4 PCI slots. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

You still only have the 4 PCI slots. 

not if i redesign the backplate to fit more, which i could

not if i redesign the backplate to fit more, which i could

Do you have the technology? 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Luka, you should really consider that dremel. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

yes. well i know solidworks like the back of my hand, and i have already been in contact with a few laser cutting firms :)

and i have the idea how to fit the insides so that ATX fits

I might do this as you do it! What Model G5 was this and is it the water cooling model or not? I have the air cooled one and I cant get the mobo out of it for my life. 

I might do this as you do it! What Model G5 was this and is it the water cooling model or not? I have the air cooled one and I cant get the mobo out of it for my life. 

this is the PowerMac era G5. aircooled dualcore, with 512MB of DDR400 :)

this is the PowerMac era G5. aircooled dualcore, with 512MB of DDR400 :)

Ok that's the model my school is currently throwing out!

How did you manage to get the mobo out? Is there a guide you followed?