Best type of Corsair fan for a Hyper 212+?

CapnKrunchy

I swapped out the stock fan for a CM Sickleflow because it was clicking at low speeds. The Sickleflow is now doing the same and I am getting fed up because I sleep in the same room as my computer. I've heard Corsair fans are good, but I wasn't sure whether to get SP or AF fans for my heatsink. I would be buying the quiet edition for either one. I am also open to other suggestions.

Go for the SPs. They have higher static pressure which is what you need for heatsinks and radiators.

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

AF's are designed to move air fast, so for things like exhausts where you want to remove the warm air quickly, they're great. SP's on the other hand are as mentioned designed for static pressure. That makes them as mentioned, ideal for radiators and the like where you have objects (radiator fins) that block the airflow but the pressure optimised fans will keep pumping air in because the blade design does not allow for backflow which can be an issue on some of the non-pressure optimised fans.

Other fans you could go with are the Scythe GT's, Gelid Wings if you want good LED fans, or some of the Noctua's - I can never remember the model numbers :P

Are you using these Sickle Flows in horizontal or vertical configuration. I personally love the Scythe Gentle Typhoons and Slipstreams for about everything.

AMD Phenom II 955BE 4GHz@1.4v

Corsair H100 w/ Silverstone AP122

Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 NB@2600MHz

G.Skill 2x4GB 7-7-7-21

XFX HD5870 Crossfire

128GB OCZ Vertex 4

2TB WD Green Raid 0

Corsair AX850

Cooler Master HAF 912 Advanced

I recently replaced one of my hyper212 fans with a silverstone air penetrator AP121 because the fan was making grinding noises =\

Temps are about the same and I can't hear a thing.

Go with the SP fans.