"PLEASE HELP" Asus Xonar DX sound card issue ussing Windows 7 X64

marty_1986

Recently I have bought a Asus Xonar DX sound card to replace my 6 year old creative X-Fi card. But I'm having an issue where the sound is not detected in the sound control options in the control panel but the card is detected in the device manger. I have made sure that the card is properly seated in the slot and I do have the Floppy power cable installed on the card. I have used multiple driver versions from ASUS and I've already RMA'd this same card to NCIX and I got I new one from them so I'm pretty sure that is' not and issue with this new card I got from them. If any one could help me with this that would be great. Also I have included screen caps and my system info below.

Intel core i5 2500K OC to 4.2

Asus P8P67 Pro Rev 3.0

2X Evga GTX 570 SC

2X Kingston KHX1600C9D3B1K2/8GX 8GB Kit 2X4GB 1600MHz

Corsair AX750 80+ gold PSU

2X 7200RPM HDD

1 OCZ vertex 3 SSD

4 X Bitfenix 120mm Spectre Pro LED fans

2 x Bitfenix 120mm Spectre Pro non led fans

1 x Bitfenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED fan

2 x optical drive

Z

Z

here are the screen caps

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n2022[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n2023[/ATTACH]

could the old drivers be causing problems?

also to make sure it's not the card, can you install it into another system, or run a live linux distro to test sound?

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

I had a similar problem when I got my DGX card a couple of months back, found out it was a problem with the Bios.

Check your front audio settings in your Bios if your using HD audio and your still not getting sound you can try AC' 97.

Check the settings with Asus audio center in Windows, click on the Main button and look for Analog Out settings, if FP Headset or FP speakers have been selected then pick the right amount of speakers on your system - 2 speaker - 4 speaker - 5.1 speakers - Headset.

After I selected 2 speakers I got sound and it was better then my old Creative sound card.

While your in the Audio Center double check that mute is turned off, mute can be turned on even though its not in the sound settings

Cry Havoc!

Hi guys, it's not a setting issue with the Asus audio control panel, the software detects the card and when i test the sound with that control panel sounds comes out but the sound control panel within windows still doesn't detects the card. I downloaded the unified drivers and did a uninstall of the asus drivers and installed the unified drivers and i'm still getting the same issue. The sound control with windows won't detect the card. any other ideas?