Asus Ares II TTL Vid

Ghost

Before people start complaining that I'm am talking about a TTL vid this is literally the first tech vid that made my jaw drop.

Watch it fully and don't skip. Pre-buffer it in 1080p if you have to. Theres the jaw dropping part at the end. If you want a surprise DO NOT read on.

I was actually quite surprised how the cooler looked inside. It was, as someone in the YouTube comments said "a bit ghetto" and it should really have g1/4 threads going out of the card with their radiator strapped into it as standard so you can link it up to your custom loop if you so desire. But no matter, It still looks stunning to say the least.

I actaully remeber linus saying that if he ever saw two of these stapped together then he would catch a plane just to look at it, just to touch it. Well nows his chance and as soom as I saw that rig I literally wanted to run to see that rig.

Just stunning.

So what do you think about the quad crossfire Ares II?

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I shall have to find a spare hour to go and watch it :P

I don't know why he makes his videos so long..

Anyway, had a look - I'd be a bit worried about the weight of it on the PCI slot as well as trying to find a case that'll fit it.

Anyway, had a look - I'd be a bit worried about the weight of it on the PCI slot as well as trying to find a case that'll fit it.

11 minutes..

Yeah I just noticed then when I loaded it..

Normally they're somewhere between 30 minutes and an hour and a half

I really don't like his videos. But yes, I will definitely watch the results video.

I really don't like his videos. But yes, I will definitely watch the results video.
The vids are good. Its just hes asthmatic and that really comes over across the mic. He is really nice though. Tends to answer all the questions you ask accurately.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

But they are always a pleasure to watch. Hate me if you want, but I enjoy good reviewers.

Pretty damn impressive looking, my only issue is 8000 series is around the corner, this seems like it should have happened right when the 7970 came out, especially for the price of over $1000.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 - Noctua NH-D14 | Asus Crosshair V Formula | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Plextor M5P Extreme 256GB SSD

GPU - Asus AMD Radeon 6950 Direct CU II 2GB |

Seasonic 1000 W Platinum | Cooler Master 690 ii Advanced | Asus VE248H + VE248Q

This is exactly how I thought it would look,down to the bent tube connecting the two pumps between the fan.

I think considering the price,and that the HD 8000 series out in a few months they could have atleast done a full cover waterblock and included the 120MM radiator as an AIO still.

I mean honestly,they did something that you can do yourself with any old 7990,two h60's, and two custom brackets from Dwood.and with that solution you might be able to keep the 3x 62mm fans that are on the shroud allowing for much better vrm cooling

​and with this solution instead of costing $1500 it could be as low as $1052.

$899 for 7990.

$69.99 h60x1

$69.99 h60x2

$6 dwood basic bracket

$6 dwood basic bracket

and this solution due to it having two separate loops would keep each 7970 much cooler than ASUS' solution

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

The Ares II in Quad Crossfire?? Why would you need that? There is no resolution/monitor that would even be capable of producing what the cards would be generating.

Atleast you wouldn't have to update your graphics cards for about...........30years?

The Ares II in Quad Crossfire?? Why would you need that? There is no resolution/monitor that would even be capable of producing what the cards would be generating.

Atleast you wouldn't have to update your graphics cards for about...........30years?

You don't need most things in a computer.

People buy stuff because they enjoy computing. And plus he didn't buy them, he got them and will have to return them most likely.

I believe he was suggesting what it would be like to have the Ares II in Quad Crossfire. And I commented that it is a silly proposition. It would be like having gtx 690's in Quad SLI. It doesn't increase performance. If anything it makes it worse. Very fun to think about, but not very realistic or practical.

Did you just say it does not increase performance? Please.

Correct. Not in quad. One of them, most definitely increases peformance. It's already been benchmarked long ago that just Two 690's in SLI actually didn't perform as well as a single 690. It's essentially overkill. You would have to be running like 8 displays at 2560 x 1440 so that the extra cards would have something to do.

Please find me a benchmark that shows that quad sli does worse than dual sli. Just please.

Tinny Tim Logan's vids are so long because he gets very in dept with the products he is reviewing.

He always states that if you don't want to watch him ramble on about what he is reviewing, you can click on the link below his vid's and it will take you to a post thread about his reviews on his forums. I like the fact that he gets in dept with the products, it helps use understand the product better and what it can and can't offer us as the consumers

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I am very sorry but I think you are missing my point all together. It's not the sli or crossfire configuration, it's the type of GPU in those large configurations.

Hey Watch Your Language Ghost. You are a Senior Member and you should know the rules so you don't get banned...

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Wow! Now I really am sorry. It was never my intention to upset you. I will find that data for you and share it with you to prove my point. Again, sorry to have disagreed with you.

I was actually quite surprised how the cooler looked inside. It was' date=' as someone in the YouTube comments said "a bit ghetto" and it should really have g1/4 threads going out of the card with their radiator strapped into it as standard so you can link it up to your custom loop if you so desire. But no matter, It still looks stunning to say the least.[/quote']

It's an Asatek unit; it's not that much different from what I have running on my GTX 480, except that it was designed better to use with PCIe slots. Just mounting an Antec 620 to a graphics card creates some issues with the hoses.

In terms of Quad-SLI 690s versus Dual-SLI 690s, there are instances in which two 690s performs worse than one in certain games. This is mainly due to driver support and the incorrect utilization of these cards.

See external threads, here: http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=1742154&mpage=1

and here: http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=1741278

and also here: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1716670

This is exactly how I thought it would look' date='down to the bent tube connecting the two pumps between the fan. I think considering the price,and that the HD 8000 series out in a few months they could have atleast done a full cover waterblock and included the 120MM radiator as an AIO still. I mean honestly,they did something that you can do yourself with any old 7990,two h60's, and two custom brackets from Dwood.and with that solution you might be able to keep the 3x 62mm fans that are on the shroud allowing for much better vrm cooling ​and with this solution instead of costing $1500 it could be as low as $1052. $899 for 7990. $69.99 h60x1 $69.99 h60x2 $6 dwood basic bracket $6 dwood basic bracket and this solution due to it having two separate loops would keep each 7970 much cooler than ASUS' solution[/quote']

Way to be resourceful :)

[9:01:47 PM] Slick: And the award for life time acheivement in the field of "maker of the least amount of sense" goes to Kilmer.

I could listen to him ramble about shit for hours and hours, hes just got a really fun personality... same with Linus of Morgan Freeman :)

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

That's due to driver support. Note the date of all 3 threads. September.

I think this about sums up this whole discussion: http://www.hardwareluxx.com/index.php/reviews/hardware/vgacards/21566-test-2x-geforce-gtx-690-in-quad-sli.html