Trends that need to end

Mooshi

Do you live in The Philippines?

If so that makes sense

Yes... And ping on online multiplayer is usually around 75ms to 400ms... (My best game on BF3 multiplayer had me playing on 250-300ms ping... and I didn't suck so hard... lel..)

Yes... And ping on online multiplayer is usually around 75ms to 400ms... (My best game on BF3 multiplayer had me playing on 250-300ms ping... and I didn't suck so hard... lel..)

I feel so bad for you

Because he had a hard drive.

overly short shorts.

Yeah, your butt's cute.

no, I don't want to see the cheeks hanging out.

CPU: AMD Athlon 5350 (2.66 Ghz OC) Motherboard: Asus AM1m-a Memory: Mushkin Radioactive 8GB DDR3-1600 GPU: MSI R7 260 1GD5 OC Storage: Toshiba Hybrid 500GB Case: Cougar Spike PSU: Rosewill Arc 450 OS: Deepin Linux 2014

overly short shorts.

Yeah, your butt's cute.

no, I don't want to see the cheeks hanging out.

but but....butt

Console owners with post-purchase bias who say "the human eye can only perceive XX" or "I'd rather a game capped at 30 fps @ 720p and look 'good' rather than have 60 fps @ 1080p and look bad" because they have the need to defend their console.

In the PC community I really do dislike the trend of pushing overkill products onto new PC members with budgets. I think I've seen too many people say "oh no you don't want this you can get blah blah for 200 dollars more and it'll be better." No duh it will be better, it's 200 dollars more you dinguses.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

i understand the whole alienware look, or the flashy gamer shit.

its cause 13 year olds think its the most beautifull thing they've ever seen and erent interested in clean lines.

good market. 9-14 year olds.

personally i do like flashy things.

bold designs.

and wierd lines. 

just... 450D some lighted fans and water cooling..... not alienware case and just a bunch of LEDs that they slap in there.

another thing that needs to stop is GPUs that are designed to face down.

seriously. i wanna look at the cooler. not some ugly ass PCB

and dont give me that backplate shit. 

we wouldnt need backplates if it werent for top facing GPUs

and if its because ''oh, the way pci slots and PCB for graphics cards are designed, its not possible!!''

then re-design it, or make it so it has a built in riser card that flips it the other way......

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

another thing that needs to stop is

''i need an upgrade!

-posts PCPP url-

thanks in advanced!! :D''

then ''YOU DONT NEED MORE THAN 8 GIGS OF RAM NO ONE NEEDS 12 16 18 24 32 OR WHATEVER ALSO THAT CASE IS UGLY AND YOUR CPU IS WAY OVERKILL''

its like...

not everyone is only gaming... some of us are gaming live streaming rendering and recording all at once. 

and its my computer. my case. and my opinion.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

apple products need to end 

uhm....

be prepared for some hate.

apple products are usually both price competitive and well made, and OSX is amazing.....

i actually prefer apple im just not willing to give up the support of windows and customizeability of a custom pc. 

seriously alot of people are going to post some serius hate.

-Jim Hensen

uhm....

be prepared for some hate.

apple products are usually both price competitive and well made, and OSX is amazing.....

i actually prefer apple im just not willing to give up the support of windows and customizeability of a custom pc.

seriously alot of people are going to post some serius hate.

Built quality is great but when it comes down to customisation thibgs start to go awry... I don't hate evry apple product... I love my ipod... Even mac pro's the small round black expensive ones are great only iphones suck

Built quality is great but when it comes down to customisation thibgs start to go awry... I don't hate evry apple product... I love my ipod... Even mac pro's the small round black expensive ones are great only iphones suck

well, iphones are also grreat...

just.... for different people than us i guess. xP

im getting a galaxy s4 for free tomorrow night... soooooo. xD currently f iphones.

they're a tad over priced on the mobile side, 

tha ipod classic 128gb....

i can find a 128 ssd for 1/8 the cost of that and a player for 1/2 the cost with twice the quality.

apple, beats, and other brands like that are often more of a fashion statement than a workstation or product of enjoyment.

-Jim Hensen

well, iphones are also grreat...

just.... for different people than us i guess. xP

im getting a galaxy s4 for free tomorrow night... soooooo. xD currently f iphones.

they're a tad over priced on the mobile side,

tha ipod classic 128gb....

i can find a 128 ssd for 1/8 the cost of that and a player for 1/2 the cost with twice the quality.

apple, beats, and other brands like that are often more of a fashion statement than a workstation or product of enjoyment.

I have the ipod touch i got it for free so i don't give a shit.... If i had to buy it i would have got a cheap mp3 player or a samsung galaxy player instead

I have the ipod touch i got it for free so i don't give a shit.... If i had to buy it i would have got a cheap mp3 player or a samsung galaxy player instead

my point exactly.

again, its more of a fashion statement/something you know grandma cant screw up. rather than a power user product or best value thing.

-Jim Hensen

Linux not getting good support for games. Hopefully SteamBox can change this.

Actually steambox will support windows games so not really

-Zombies in games

-Plastic shrouds on a non reference gpu

-Nvidia releasing nerfed gpus as flagship products

-People crying over ubisoft for months, eventually purchasing their games and crying again.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

• Bad design in general, lack of precision, accuracy and thought

gaudy looking cases & peripherals that look like they we're designed by 12 year olds

glossy plastic & faux brushed aluminium finishes

LED's everywhere. Everywhere. Fans, cases, GPU's, coolers, PSUs, mice, headphones etc.

OS wars (while this debate might be interesting with people who actually know about operating systems & different fields of work, this doesn't happen on forums.)

bad typography (super duper ultra thin fonts seem to be in 'fashion' at the moment and used in the wrong place. Combine that with a total lack of contrast and you have a readability disaster.)

Specs: i7-3770K | Asus R9 290X | 32GB DDR3 | GA-Z77-UD5H | RM 750x | Define R5 Arctic White | macOS 10.14.5 & Windows 10

Related to our hobby (assuming you've got a gaming PC)... Pre-ordering videogames That is a trend that needs to die more than any.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Mobile carriers forcing skins/apps etc on to people's phones. That is not helpful. Make your apps available to download from the respective markets. I have one app from Three UK that I actually find useful to check how many MBs of data I've left on my tether allowance, that's all.

Also manufacturer skins, make it an option on first boot. "Do you want the stock experience or our experience?" I don't care about the small amount of additional memory used, just make that happen.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

I beg to differ, I use the Lumia Icon, and i absolutely love it, sure, there are less apps, but everyday apps like Facebook, Pandora, twitter, and everything else is great. Plus.....Cortana rocks! The windows 8/8.1 phone isn't the fastest os, but it's smooth and nice. Plus dat camera.

The Icon looks pretty cool.

CPU AMD FX-6300 Motherboard MSI 970A-G43 RAM G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2x4GB) GPU PNY GTX 660 Case NZXT Source 210 Elite (White) Storage1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue PSU Corsair 500W Display(s)AOC and Viewsonic Cooling Enermax ETS-T40-TB Keyboard CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid with Blue Switches Dollar Store Mouse Sound Dollar Store Speaker

If You would have said Johnny Ive i would have bought what you were saying, but there is no "Steve Jobs" art, he was a CEO Ive was the head of design

But what are you saying? do you want an aluminum rectangle as your GPU cooler? Most higher priced coolers look good and i quite like my MSI 760 with the twin frozr.

Yeah. It's all personal preference but lately I haven't liekd any of the designs

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

Chavs who run around putting huge exhausts on their Mums 1.2 VW golf. Seriously who do they think they are fooling? It just looks (and sounds) ridiculous.