Trends that need to end

Mooshi

he/she didn't try to me is something that has a top mounted PSU, no modularness inside, airflow restrictions everywhere and flashy LED's to "make up" for it, Some LED cases like the Graphite series are mostly OK by me, but it makes me feel like the LED's are just a cover up for for many a poor internal layout.

Basically, the LED cases look to me like something a 12 year old Razer fanboy would like. The Fractal Design cases are more "I need function and I don't want my computer to stand out like a Christmas tree in August."

But you have your taste.

By chance, what sort of flashy cases do you like? 

lol I have an R4 by fractal with the NZXT Hue.  Now what?

STEAM NAME: JewishBacon GPU  Sapphire dual x R9 280x OC edition CPU core i7 4770k stock speed COOLER H100i  CASE Fractal R4 Window Black  MOBO MSI gd-65 gaming Storage 1TB WD Blue drive, 1TB Samsung 7200 rpm, 120 GB OCZ SSD, 64 GB WD Blue ssd  RAM 12 GB @ 1600 Ghz kingston RAM  MiscNZXT HUE, disk read/write, 2x 21 inch 1920x1080 monitors   

The word is "understated." As a lover of NZXT and Fractal cases, flashy cases like the Corsair Carbide series irritate me. Why have a case that clashes with the colors of the room it might be in?

Whatever, everybody has their own view of what's attractive to the eye.

Seriously, can you find a better looking and performing mATX case than the Fractal Design Arc Mini R2? (Besides 350D, of course) Fractal is awesome, and Corsair needs to burn their Vengeance case line and put a recall on Spec 01-2-3 cases, they look terrible.

I think that Red + Black Mobo's DO need to stop, and let them all have a Black PCB, and this: Detachable armor (Like on TUF boards) that you can Plasti-Dip whatever color you like , and put that material on the VRM heatsinks and Motherboard armor. That idea = ALL THE MONEY.

Complete customization of your Mobo's colors!

But only put it on the Overclocking chipset boards...

Seriously, can you find a better looking and performing mATX case than the Fractal Design Arc Mini R2? (Besides 350D, of course) Fractal is awesome, and Corsair needs to burn their Vengeance case line and put a recall on Spec 01-2-3 cases, they look terrible.

Agree 'cept the Arc Mini actually has better rad support and MUCH better dustproofing. I just hate the it's called a "Micro" ATX case cuz it's SO FREAKING DEEP.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Also, unbalanced systems.

WHY do you have a 4790K with a 660, WHY? Also, you don't really need a 1 TB SSD unless you're running a server, but OK.

Calling a company or a single product "The best" of all it's kind. "XXX is the best smartphone", "XXX is the best film/game/cpu/gpu/etc".

It's usually a subproduct of fanboyism, simplistic and almost always empty argument that hurts the forums, the media and common sense.

Best, better are comparative terms misused by fanboys to justify their choice. Sincery, it's easy to end this. ASK WHY. when someone says "(*this-particular-shit*) is the best" ask why. You'll probably find bs nonsense or very good reasons to consider the idea.

I would say more competitions in markets (especially some of the tech-related ones). Not sure about other places, but in Canada, ISPs probably just agree where their service will dominate and the other one will not. Then they just keep the same prices. Even with graphics card, would like to see more competitors rather than just the base AMD/Nvidia. I feel like more competition drives companies to actually compete through prices/speeds/technology/etc.

People bashing Norton, basically saying it's worst than Hitler.
We get it, there are free alternatives out there. It's baity toward people who don't know any better when it's pre-installed on the computer, annoying you to renew it.

That doesn't mean it's complete shit. Especially since 2009, barely uses any resources at all.

Oh you've had to repair or clean the computer of someone who just happened to have Norton before? You poor soul, here have a cookie. Now shut up. Especially if the issue wasn't virus related. Don't blame Norton just cause.

Doesn't matter which anti virus is installed, if that person is going to install hundreds of viruses, toolbars and what not, no anti virus will be able to stop it, malwarebyte ain't gonna protect you on that side either. (Since the realtime protection is behind a paywall and it's also NOT an anti virus, now stop recommending that to people looking for an anti virus software, IT'S NOT)

You've personally had a bad experience with Norton? Really? When? What did you do? If it's before 2009, it changed a lot. If it's after 2009 and you dare to say you didn't do anything, let me slap you in the face with a rotten fish because you're obviously lying and belong in the category of "people who willingly install junk and blame the software for not protecting them".

A condom ain't gonna save you from pregnancy or STD if you willingly punch a hole through it. None of the people I know who are remotely smart and have Norton installed had any issue. Those did have issues, it was their fault that something went wrong in the first place, like putting a file that was flagged as a trojan and put in quarantine, in the exceptions, for example... Which I've seen quite a few do.

Fun fact, I never had a single virus in 10 years using Norton, nor any computer issues that could be linked even remotely to Norton and YES, I did try scanning my computer with malwarebytes to see if it caught anything, NO it didn't. That said, don't just use the plain "Anti Virus" version, Internet Security is much better, if only for the firewall.

Seriously sick of people bashing it when they either never used it themselves, judge based on outdated knowledge or never gave it a real chance. Honestly not expecting any legitimate response to this other than "you're wrong" or "still sucks".

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Ugg boots.

In the realm of PC, I want all the GPU cooler designers to go and take a long vacation where they study the arts of Steve Jobs. I HATE 99% of gpu designs lately.

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

I'm all for individuality. But it doesn't make much sense to ruin the function of a car for "beauty" (throws up). IMG_1247.jpg

I agree, the whole stance scene is kind of ridiculous. I'm all for nicely modified cars, but that amount of camber and a ridhight so low that the car scrapes everywhere is just plain dangerous.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

YOLO SWAG and Hash tagging everything is becoming quite annoying.

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @ 4.2 GHz; GPU: Asus STRIX & Gigabyte g1 GTX 1070 SLI; RAM: 16 GB Corsair vengeance 3200 MHz ; Mobo: Asrock Taichi x470; SSD: 512 gb Samsung 950 Pro Storage: 5x Seagate 2TB drives; 1x 2TB WD PurplePSU: 700 Watt Huntkey; Peripherals: Acer S277HK 4K Monitor; Logitech G502 gaming mouse; Corsair K95 Mechanical keyboard; 5.1 Logitech x530 sound system

01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 00101110

We get it, there are free alternatives out there. It's baity toward people who don't know any better when it's pre-installed on the computer, annoying you to renew it.

That doesn't mean it's complete shit. Especially since 2009, barely uses any resources at all.

Oh you've had to repair or clean the computer of someone who just happened to have Norton before? You poor soul, here have a cookie. Now shut up. Especially if the issue wasn't virus related. Don't blame Norton just cause.

Doesn't matter which anti virus is installed, if that person is going to install hundreds of viruses, toolbars and what not, no anti virus will be able to stop it, malwarebyte ain't gonna protect you on that side either. (Since the realtime protection is behind a paywall and it's also NOT an anti virus, now stop recommending that to people looking for an anti virus software, IT'S NOT)

You've personally had a bad experience with Norton? Really? When? What did you do? If it's before 2009, it changed a lot. If it's after 2009 and you dare to say you didn't do anything, let me slap you in the face with a rotten fish because you're obviously lying and belong in the category of "people who willingly install junk and blame the software for not protecting them".

A condom ain't gonna save you from pregnancy or STD if you willingly punch a hole through it. None of the people I know who are remotely smart and have Norton installed had any issue. Those did have issues, it was their fault that something went wrong in the first place, like putting a file that was flagged as a trojan and put in quarantine, in the exceptions, for example... Which I've seen quite a few do.

Fun fact, I never had a single virus in 10 years using Norton, nor any computer issues that could be linked even remotely to Norton and YES, I did try scanning my computer with malwarebytes to see if it caught anything, NO it didn't. That said, don't just use the plain "Anti Virus" version, Internet Security is much better, if only for the firewall.

Seriously sick of people bashing it when they either never used it themselves, judge based on outdated knowledge or never gave it a real chance. Honestly not expecting any legitimate response to this other than "you're wrong" or "still sucks".

I used to use Norton 360, piggy backing off my dad's subscription as it allowed 3 PC's on it. Never had a problem, and it was efficient. The only reason I stopped using it and switched to a free alternative was because I built my desktop, and needed an anti-virus, and it wasn't going to be allowed under the subscription, so I tried Avast. I liked it, and ended up switching over to it on my laptop too. I feel they operate about the same in terms of efficiency, and if someone wants to pay for Norton, they can go right ahead.

Price-gouging (Nvidia)

Ridiculous prices (All smartphones)

Red and black gaymer swag (Asus)

Not caring about the consumer

Selling peripherals as "Gaming" peripherals. Seriously, corsair. What the hell man. A good sensor in a mouse and tactile buttons are good for anything, not just gamers. Stop this

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

baggy-pants.jpg

Self-Explanatory

I think your diaper is full, you seriously need to change it

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

People posting up "help with my build" threads or is this ____ good" threads without having done ANY prior research. STAHP.

Apple hate

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

I had a virus attach itself to norton and everytime norton ran it would randomly delete files this was in 2008, I haven't used it since then. However I know this happened because my brothers then girlfriend got on the computer and did all kinds of horrible things to it and clicked on links that I or anyone with a sane mind would not have clicked on.

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

Games, software and hardware being released half finished.

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

Has the thought occurred to you that maybe some people maybe like that look? Who are you to judge what people like? To each their own.

That was probably an opinion 

Now I'm jealous. 

it matches my K70 RGB.

STEAM NAME: JewishBacon GPU  Sapphire dual x R9 280x OC edition CPU core i7 4770k stock speed COOLER H100i  CASE Fractal R4 Window Black  MOBO MSI gd-65 gaming Storage 1TB WD Blue drive, 1TB Samsung 7200 rpm, 120 GB OCZ SSD, 64 GB WD Blue ssd  RAM 12 GB @ 1600 Ghz kingston RAM  MiscNZXT HUE, disk read/write, 2x 21 inch 1920x1080 monitors   

Games, software and hardware being released half finished.

that would be nice, wouldent it?

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Ugg boots.

In the realm of PC, I want all the GPU cooler designers to go and take a long vacation where they study the arts of Steve Jobs. I HATE 99% of gpu designs lately.

If You would have said Johnny Ive i would have bought what you were saying, but there is no "Steve Jobs" art, he was a CEO Ive was the head of design

But what are you saying? do you want an aluminum rectangle as your GPU cooler? Most higher priced coolers look good and i quite like my MSI 760 with the twin frozr.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

The lack of LAN multiplayer... Someone bring it back... Please...

Do you live in The Philippines?

If so that makes sense

Because he had a hard drive.