Iphone 5 or note 2

Nathanp1996

I am going to buy either one of these devices which is better for gaming? and which one is better overall?

note 2 period. lol, jk. But really, I think the note 2 is better because it has a 720p display, which will look better than the iphone's weird resolution. Additionally, movies and such will take up the whole screen as opposed to leaving weird bars on the sides. As far as gaming goes, I think the iphone 5 might perform a bit better but if it were me, bigger screen and better resolution are better than just being a bit better.

CPU i5 3570k @ 4.5GHz Motherboard MSI Z77A-G43 RAM 16GB Patriot Somthingortheother GPU XFX 7870 GHz Edition Case Corsair Vengeance C-70 Black Storage 120GB Kingston HyperX 3k + 1tb Seagate HDD PSU Corsair HX650  

Displays 2 old 1080p Acer and Samsung ones Cooling Corsair H60

† TTCF Member †

note 2 period. lol' date=' jk. But really, I think the note 2 is better because it has a 720p display, which will look better than the iphone's weird resolution. Additionally, movies and such will take up the whole screen as opposed to leaving weird bars on the sides. As far as gaming goes, I think the iphone 5 might perform a bit better but if it were me, bigger screen and better resolution are better than just being a bit better.[/quote']

Thanks i think you have helped me make my choice.

The iphone is better for gaming simply because the games are better. Many developers only design games for apple, or their games work better on apple, just because there is more money in designing a game for iOS than there is for android. While there are many high end phones in android, the majority of phones are low end free phones while almost every iOS device is capable of running any game on the app store.

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

note 2.

gaming better on iphone? what a joke... have fun playing on a 4" screen whereas if you had a note or any other android device with a display of 4.5"+ it'll make the iphone look like a joke.

Note II. Once you own a phone that big for a couple days, the iphone will just look tiny in comparison. And it has full 720p which is much better for watching videos.

The Iphone 5 ,not only has a larger selection of apps but better quality apps as well as having the benefit of new apps before android. along side the fact that the iphone 5 has a higher PPI at 326 Vs. the samsung's 267 so games will look sharper on the iphone, but video such as youtube will not be 720p and will be down scaled.

I hope this helps.

They're quite different devices. Make your decision based on the screen size and operating system.

If you want or need a big screen, go with the note 2. You might need it if your eyes aren't in the best condition or if your hand are a bit bigger. It's also great if you want to browse the internet more often and the bigger display for gaming and watching movies is a bit better as well. It's more like a small tablet. On the other hand, it might feel to big while putting it in your pocket, using is just as an mp3 player or making phone calls. It's almost like making phone calls with a tablet.

And the operating system, Android and iOS are two completely different operating systems. iOS is great, it runs like a butter and the applications are well optimized (they runs better and time by time it even looks better), but it's a closed operating system. It has its disadvantages as well as advantages. For example, the applications can get there only through the AppStore, so no unofficial apps, but it's safe to install anything you want. There's no real multitasking, so no application will slow your device by running on background. There's no file manager, so you can't mess up your device. You're able to get the music to the device only through the iTunes (you can put your own mp3s there), etc. The Android does it differently, it gives you more freedom, but it has its cost - safety and comfort.

Check out the operating systems, it's the deal breaker here imo. Just realise what do you really want from the device :)

MB: Asus Z97-A | CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 780 Ti Gejmink 3G | Memory: Σ32GB Kingston HyperX Fury Black | SSD: Samsung EVO 850 250GB | HDD: Σ2TB WD Blues | PSU: Seasonic 750W 80+ Silver | Case: Antec P182 | Cooling: Noctua NH-C14, all case fans Noctua | Monitors: Asus ROG Swift PG279Q + 2x Dell Ultrasharp 2209WA | Soundcard: Asus Xonar Essence STX | Headphones: Audio-Technica ATH-A900 (closed) & Hifiman HE-350 (open) | Speakers: M-Audio BX5a Deluxe | Mic: M-Audio Producer | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 rip midclick Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 (Cherry MX Blue)

These are two completely different phones. Not only are the OS different but the market the phones are aimed at is different. The note II is a phablet while the iPhone 5 in terms of screen size is the absolute minimum. Me personally I would go with the Note II because of Android as well as the enormous screen

• 2 weeks later...

If you prefer having a huge screen size and a android user, go with the note II

I am going to buy either one of these devices which is better for gaming? and which one is better overall?

your doing it wrong

gaming on touchscreen is absolutely horrendous experience.

if you really want gaming on the go, I suggest get a PS Vita or Nintendo 3DS

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of idiots experiencing nothing more than the placebo effect.

Iphone 5 all the way.

It depends if you want a actual phone or a "We don't know what the fuck this is so we call it a tables, but it also calls" (AKA the Note 2)

"The box said 'Requires Windows XP or better'. So I installed LINUX..."

Iphone 5 all the way.

It depends if you want a actual phone or a "We don't know what the fuck this is so we call it a tables, but it also calls" (AKA the Note 2)

"The box said 'Requires Windows XP or better'. So I installed LINUX..."

Note 2, i have one and i absolutely love it!

A friend that has a 4s, and his older brother. who has an iPhone 5 are both willing to buy a note 2 or an note 3 if they see fit.

Definitely the best phone out there! And about gaming, doing it on a touchscreen isn't easy , but since the bigger screen has a larger space for your fingers you won't look so silly using it in the Galaxy Note 2! Plus the better screen and true 720p!

|CPU : Core i7 4770 (non-K :( ) | GPU : XFX RX 480 GTR 8GB @ 1385Mhz | MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 | PSU: XFX 850W PRO | Case: In-Progress Silverstone TJ-07 |

Zenfone 2 ZE551ml 32GB + 64GB SD - Rooted LineageOS |