[Redux] Experiences with "techies"

StarFire

Note: Not techies in general. but "techies" the subclass of techies.

you know the ones...

Thinks their PC is faster because it says alienware.

Talks down to you because you dont know what SCSI stands for.

Takes one look at your boobs & dismisses you as ignorant about tech. (My personal favourite)

So, what's some experiences you've had with... Those people... ?

CPU: AMD Athlon 5350 (2.66 Ghz OC) Motherboard: Asus AM1m-a Memory: Mushkin Radioactive 8GB DDR3-1600 GPU: MSI R7 260 1GD5 OC Storage: Toshiba Hybrid 500GB Case: Cougar Spike PSU: Rosewill Arc 450 OS: Deepin Linux 2014

Kid at my school telling me his 8800 card (Not sure which one) was still good a few months ago. Also running some QT Intel processor. Somehow he got an IT job.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

"you should have gotten a mac" every time I have a minor problem.

That's like saying "You should go gay" whenever you have relationship trouble.

No offence to any gays out there, I could just as easily say:

That's like saying "you should go straight" whenever you have relationship trouble.

CPU: AMD Athlon 5350 (2.66 Ghz OC) Motherboard: Asus AM1m-a Memory: Mushkin Radioactive 8GB DDR3-1600 GPU: MSI R7 260 1GD5 OC Storage: Toshiba Hybrid 500GB Case: Cougar Spike PSU: Rosewill Arc 450 OS: Deepin Linux 2014

I don't know what scsi stands for... 

That's the point

People that think every gaming PC is over $2000.

People that class runescape players differently than other gamers... - if there's anything that game has brough to the world is that a lot of people learned English from it, and in some Twitch Streams a chap gets so much donations that I think RS players may deal better with money IRL. So what I mean with that is that the game taught them to handle money properly and thus helped them in real life too. Maybe I am looking into this too much idk.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

People that think every gaming PC is over $2000.

People that class runescape players differently than other gamers... - if there's anything that game has brough to the world is that a lot of people learned English from it, and in some Twitch Streams a chap gets so much donations that I think RS players may deal better with money IRL. So what I mean with that is that the game taught them to handle money properly and thus helped them in real life too. Maybe I am looking into this too much idk.

e0lhq.jpg

My mum was wondering why her computer wasn't turning on and it was because the power supply wasn't on but she isn't a complete noob.

Steve

e0lhq.jpg

e0lo1.jpg

One of my friends keeps on asking me if his craptop on depressants will run Minecraft better if he upgrades to W7 from Vista.

His laptop is worth less than a premade Ubuntu LiveCD from Canonical.

Sig under construction.

My sister saying she'll keep up with coding after going to her £8000 maker's academy because she said it'll be "useful in the future" (she's going into a business/economics course in uni. yeah, reaaaalllll useful)

After coming back from maker's she's like "yeah look at the stuff I did! It's so awesome I'm gonna keep coding. It's so fun!" 

Guess what? A week later, never touched her computer for programming again. 

Biggest waste of money I can imagine.. It's made me really despise her whenever she brings up anything tech-related, and in general just made me dislike her even more as a sister

Also, my "gamer" friend who claims he's into tech says his whateverwhatever metabox i7 gtx 870m laptop "beats your gtx 760 (desktop) by a mile". Just coz he paid close to $3000 for his laptop does not mean it's better (duh), buuuuuuut he thinks so, so I won't burst his bubble

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

The ususal , intel i7 is same as an i5 & i5 is all you need speech,  :/

Details separate people.

The ususal , intel i7 is same as an i5 & i5 is all you need speech,  :/

But if you are gaming only as most people are then you really don't need more right now because the cores have the same power and games are not mulitthreatherd(sorry i fucked up i  am tired)

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

But if you are gaming only as most people are then you really don't need more right now because the cores have the same power and games are not mulitthreatherd(sorry i fucked up i  am tired)

Exactly, B)  what i mean is the performance analyse from these folks, read a few benchmark from a game ie : frame rates & such then they think that i7 is jsut an overpriced i5 chip rebranded (sortaa right since cores are locked) , not knowing the real horsepower of it..

Details separate people.

Exactly, B)  what i mean is the performance analyse from these folks, read a few benchmark from a game ie : frame rates & such then they think that i7 is jsut an overpriced i5 chip rebranded (sortaa right since cores are locked) , not knowing the real horsepower of it..

Yeah if you are doing graphics or editing in school then an i7 is totally worth it.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

My friend was going to upgrade his graphics card and was conviced that a gtx 760 would be considerably better than an r9 280 just because it was nvidia. After a while I managed to convice him to get the 280 instead as it was a better deal (€189 vs €239) and had slightly better performance.

People that prefer one product over another just because of the brand annoy me.

Got utterly dismissed once because of my choice of CPU and GPU because OBVIOUSLY INTEL AND NVIDIA MASTERRACEHURRDURR.

Meh. :\

Rule with your heart,

And live with your conscience.

One of the people at my school tried convincing me there were 2000 watt PSUs with fusion reactors inside.

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

"We don't sell products from small companies like AMD...."

Just a ma and pop shop.....

Like, WTF.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Talks down to you because you dont know what SCSI stands for.

Small Computer System Interface. You're welcome.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

kid at school says the $1500 gaming build i did on pcpp was horrible because it didn't even have an i7

Cokeman? 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III