I need to lose waight

chimmychunger

Ok so right now i am 84 kilo's I have been around the same waight for 4 years (im 15) so i am getting thinner as i get taller but am the same waight so my questions is how would i lose waight coz when i am around 21 i wanna aply to become a cop but if im not fit i wont become one. I am on my laptop all day i am always hungry and i drink crap like fanta and sprite never water. Can anyone give me tips to lose waight thx :P

If you live fairly reasonable away from your school, you could consider biking to your school every day. Other than that, if you buy sprite when you're outside, then it's fine. Just don't buy a pack and bring that home. That's when you're tempted to drink one.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

If you live fairly reasonable away from your school, you could consider biking every day. Other than that, if you buy sprite when you're outside, then it's fine. Just don't buy a pack and bring that home. That's when you're tempted to drink one.

thx and i actually walk to school every day

eat less, exercise more.........simple..............get off the damn computer

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

Find something you are passionate about. I would suggest playing a sport, rather than going out for a run, or lifting weights. It will be more fun, and try and get your friends involved. Take 1-2 hours out of your day that you spend on your laptop, and just get outside. To get rid of the always hungry part, maybe try chewing gum. It can actually be quite helpful, and makes it so I am not hungry all of the time. Also, try drinking a glass of water before every meal. It will help fill you up, and help you not overeat at any meal. Also, find some way to get motivated. Maybe get together with friends and have a weight loss competition, but whatever it is find ways to keep yourself motivated and on track to lose weight. 

Find something you are passionate about. I would suggest playing a sport, rather than going out for a run, or lifting weights. It will be more fun, and try and get your friends involved. Take 1-2 hours out of your day that you spend on your laptop, and just get outside. To get rid of the always hungry part, maybe try chewing gum. It can actually be quite helpful, and makes it so I am not hungry all of the time. Also, try drinking a glass of water before every meal. It will help fill you up, and help you not overeat at any meal. Also, find some way to get motivated. Maybe get together with friends and have a weight loss competition, but whatever it is find ways to keep yourself motivated and on track to lose weight. 

thank you for your great advice

Please, stop saying waight... it's weight :)

I need to lose weight too. I work out but then get fast food afterwards so I'm just lucky if I don't gain any. I've been overweight my entire life and hate it but never been able to eat healthy.

Don't necessarily eat less. Eat right. Contrary to popular belief, but you need sugar, fat(not trans), cholesterol, sodium, etc. But, don't eat more than what you'll burn off. Your body will convert energy into fat, which is what you're trying to get rid of.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Stop eating and drinking crap all the time is the first step. 

Start running/biking/walking

Stay motivated or you will fail. 

thank you for your great advice

Sure! You need to make sure that exercise is fun, not a chore. Also, losing weight is 80% diet, 20% exercise. While you will lose weight just by increasing your exercise, in order to properly lose weight, you need to focus on your eating too. Every little thing adds up in the day. For example, choose water over soda, and that's a great start. Avoid high-fat foods, and eat more vegetables and fruits. Try and cut out the desserts, but you can indulge yourself once in awhile. Losing weight is a choice, and while it may be hard, the payoffs are great. Also, I don't know if there is a Biggest Loser or equivalent in Australia, but it is a great motivator, and teaches you a lot about losing weight the right way. 

Sure! You need to make sure that exercise is fun, not a chore. Also, losing weight is 80% diet, 20% exercise. While you will lose weight just by increasing your exercise, in order to properly lose weight, you need to focus on your eating too. Every little thing adds up in the day. For example, choose water over soda, and that's a great start. Avoid high-fat foods, and eat more vegetables and fruits. Try and cut out the desserts, but you can indulge yourself once in awhile. Losing weight is a choice, and while it may be hard, the payoffs are great. Also, I don't know if there is a Biggest Loser or equivalent in Australia, but it is a great motivator, and teaches you a lot about losing weight the right way. 

biggest loser is a big thing over here and that is what made me realise what ive done 

biggest loser is a big thing over here and that is what made me realise what ive done 

Yeah, I don't know when the new season starts, but a great thing to do is to follow the season, and maybe even sign up for one of their challenges or something. It's a great motivator, and will keep you accountable for your actions. Another tip is to do the same thing as Biggest Loser, and weigh in yourself every week. If you do it every day, you will get discouraged, because your weight can fluctuate by as many as 2 or 3 pounds in a day. 

84 kg for a 15 year old really isn't that bad. Most people my height and age are around 70-80 kg. But if you really do want to lose weight, remember to put on a bit of muscle as well especially if you want to become a cop.

All you need to lose fat is just eat right and exercise a little more than you currently do, maybe about 30 min extra per day.

84 kg for a 15 year old really isn't that bad. Most people my height and age are around 70-80 kg. But if you really do want to lose weight, remember to put on a bit of muscle as well especially if you want to become a cop.

All you need to lose fat is just eat right and exercise a little more than you currently do, maybe about 30 min extra per day.

ok thx :D

Replace all your soda drinks with water. It really helps so much.

Eat regularly to keep your metabolism high and healthy (in moderation).
Exercise regularly, you will probably want to have high stamina.. so you should train and go running.

CPU: Intel 2700k (4.7) MOBO: Asus P8Z77-V DELUXE GPU: Sapphire Vapor-X R9 290X RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengence (1866) CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Noctua NF-F12 Storage: 256GB Samsung 830 Pro SSD (Boot), 64GB Crucial M4 (SSD Cache), 1TB WD Black Cavier, 2TB Hitachi, 2.5TB Buffalo Sound Card: Xonar Essence STX Case: Corsair Graphite 600t w/ full acrylic side PSU: Corsair HX750 (individually sleeved) 
Peripherals: Filco Keyboard (Brown) Razer Deathadder, Sennheiser HD595, Zalman ZM-MIC1, Steelseries Qck Mass mousepad.
Pics of my Rig

There never was any mystery to how this is done you know. Eat healthy and exercise. It is by far the most effective way to lose weight and it always has been.

There never was any mystery to how this is done you know. Eat healthy and exercise. It is by far the most effective way to lose weight and it always has been.

Indeed. However it is hard to motivate yourself to do this. Eating right is imporant, not because you'll lose weight, but because eating and drinking right makes you feel better. All the soda and crap you're eating makes you lazy. If you're finding it hard to begin to work out properly and so on you should start by eating right. Find something to do besides sitting in front of your computer. Go out with your friends, find an activity that you like and stick to it. It doesn't have to be super-exercising. Just do something else and get out of the chair. 

Losing weight is not just about losing weight, but it's about changing your lifestyle and personal image. 

Current build: Antec P180, Asus P8Z68 Pro, Intel i5-2500k, Asus GTX 570 2GB, Patriot 16GB 1600MHz, Corsair HX 650W.

New build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/11270-video-editing-workstation-build/

I've been a massive Coke Zero addict past 7 years, I stopped few weeks ago by starting to drink water instead of coke from a bottle so you get the effect of drinking something from a bottle, sounds silly but it helps(: Also check out low-carb diet, my family has been on it for 3 years now, so far one of my family member has lost 30-40 kilos because of it (didn't even exercise at all). Basically drop out all of the white bread and pasta and you're good to go haha

I don't know if this is appropriate for your age but my parents are following some kind of diet that made them lose 3-4KG in just under a week (link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dukan_Diet ).

It just really depends on how tall you are too...

I, myself, have the opposite problem, after some health issues i'm now in the battle of regaining weight (i need to gain about 10KG more at this moment).

I can eat as much as i like and i don't gain any weight, i can eat an entire bag of cookies or candy in one night and i can't see any difference afterwards.

I only drink water most of the time and i just eat on a regular basis, and always about the same amount of food. I don't think you necessarily have to eat less, it's just about eating more healthy things.

Probably it will kinda balance itself for you as well as me, when we get older (i'm 19 at the moment).

...Also, I don't know if there is a Biggest Loser or equivalent in Australia, but it is a great motivator, and teaches you a lot about losing weight the right way. 

Biggest loser does NOT teach you about healthy weight loss. Some of those contestants regularly lose ten kilos (roughly 22 pounds) in a week. How is that healthy? Most health professionals I have spoken to about it (I'm also trying to slim down) recommend at MOST 3 kilos (6.5 pounds) a week.

I good tip i have is during in game lobbies, Do some push ups.  .i play alot of bf3 and the time between the match ends and a new one starts is over 1 minutes. However, remember that weight means next to nothing. I'm 16 weigh about 75kg and 5ft7 but i'm fairly muscular. Remember that muscle weighs more than fat. You might be heavy but you could have lots of muscle. Also, fit doesn't measure how fat you are but your endurance. 

msi h77ma g43 

i5 3470

Coolermaster hyper 212 evo push+pull

Powercolor 7950 pcs+ @1100 mhz core 1400mhz mem

Coolermaster haf 912 advanced 120mm rear, 200mm top 200mm front

Corsair vengeance 2x4gb 1600 MHZ

Windows 8 64bit

Silverstone essentials 500w ST50F-ES

Samsung dvd drive

2x 250GB Hitachi RAID0

Seagate Barracuda 2tb

LG IPS235p

Razer Blackwidow

Razer Deathadder

Diets are not the way forward. But a balanced diet combined with regular exercise will set you straight. Theres no special secret, its all about perseverance and commitment to change.

I'm just a soul who is up to no good.

Biggest loser does NOT teach you about healthy weight loss. Some of those contestants regularly lose ten kilos (roughly 22 pounds) in a week. How is that healthy? Most health professionals I have spoken to about it (I'm also trying to slim down) recommend at MOST 3 kilos (6.5 pounds) a week.

The average is probably 7-10 pounds a week. While it may not be healthy for the average person, it definitely works for people who are morbidly obese. You are correct that around 5 pounds a week is probably a good goal for most people, but Biggest Loser is not suggesting you follow the show word for word. It teaches you basic tips and tricks that could be helpful, and also gives you motivation to lose more. 

I have a good idea, use the tips above and log it in this forum every week, we will keep you motivated by following the topic!

My specs:Fractal Define R4, i5 2550k, Asus GTX 560ti 2GB, Samsung 840 pro 120GB SSD, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM ,Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Corsair 600w PSU