What fun projects are you working on for school, work, or pleasure?

Whatcha doin on your free time, for school, or for work?

Hope to hear from you!

ASRock B550M PG RIPTIDE       Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4             TEAMGROUP MP33 1 TB NVME SSD

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X                   Antec DF700 Case                                 MSI Radeon RX 580 4 GB ARMOR OC

Browsing LTT

What does that entail?

ASRock B550M PG RIPTIDE       Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4             TEAMGROUP MP33 1 TB NVME SSD

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X                   Antec DF700 Case                                 MSI Radeon RX 580 4 GB ARMOR OC

Haha - I just understood :P

Helping people in New Builds and Planning mostly. 

Sweet - I just made a new build recently...put in my EVO cooler and new CPU....not from scratch, really, since my friend helped build the rest...

i'm writing a build guide for school Hvq4HVX.jpg

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

i'm writing a build guide for school 

Nice!  What parts do you have the most experience with?

EDIT:  I actually just switched out my mobo, not my cpu...that was a little tricky.  I was using an industrial grade thermal paste used for water heaters, but that was apparently NOT the way to go - haha.  Once I bought myself a nice computer grade, paste, it was all a go.  Little stressful.  But all in all, it worked out great.  Was able to overclock to about 4.4 GHz..

i mess around with electronics, done an oil submerged pc, musical tesla coil , thinking of making a 4000v capacitor bank to blow stuff up with. 

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

i mess around with electronics, done an oil submerged pc, musical tesla coil , thinking of making a 4000v capacitor bank to blow stuff up with. 

I'd love to mess around with alternative pc cooling...I am guessing that's what the oil submersion is?  Ever since seeing my buddy mess around with water cooling, I've wanted to try it...

I'd love to mess around with alternative pc cooling...I am guessing that's what the oil submersion is?  Ever since seeing my buddy mess around with water cooling, I've wanted to try it...

Its this

cozWF.jpg

Another project i was thinking of doing was making my own water cooling blocks, im good at milling and could make them at work however getting my hands on a lump of copper big enough is hard and expensive also copper isn't the best to mill its a bit too soft and "sticky" like ali 

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

I did basic Skyrim modding for geography and make videos to learn how to edit.

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

Nice!  What parts do you have the most experience with?

EDIT:  I actually just switched out my mobo, not my cpu...that was a little tricky.  I was using an industrial grade thermal paste used for water heaters, but that was apparently NOT the way to go - haha.  Once I bought myself a nice computer grade, paste, it was all a go.  Little stressful.  But all in all, it worked out great.  Was able to overclock to about 4.4 GHz..

basically everything escept sound cards and raid cards

lol

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

Another project i was thinking of doing was making my own water cooling blocks, im good at milling and could make them at work however getting my hands on a lump of copper big enough is hard and expensive also copper isn't the best to mill its a bit too soft and "sticky" like ali 

So awesome...would love to mess around with that.

Copper IS expensive.  Where I live people on the street constantly farm out copper from old, dilapidated buildings for cash.   

I did basic Skyrim modding for geography and make videos to learn how to edit.

I would LOVE to get into modding.  I was looking into how to construct my own bitmaps or whatnot and improved textures but I just didn't follow through with it...link me your tutorials sometime, bud

basically everything escept sound cards and raid cards

lol

Yeah, I've never messed with sound cards - I thought GPUs just take care of all that nowadays, yeah?

Yeah, I've never messed with sound cards - I thought GPUs just take care of all that nowadays, yeah?

your mobo does the sound mostly

ahhh, right.  

I would LOVE to get into modding.  I was looking into how to construct my own bitmaps or whatnot and improved textures but I just didn't follow through with it...link me your tutorials sometime, bud

i don't actually do tutorial vids I do gaming vids...

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

Bought the z77 chipset mobo recently - friend when he built it assured me I could overclock with the M line...well he done fucked up :P 

Oh, ok, cool

What streaming software do you use?

I've recently been convinced to host a Terraria server. I'm hosting it using mono in a Linux VM on a corporate hypervisor.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Free time: View stuff... A lot of stuff... So much stuff, I need a second monitor to get through them faster...

School: Making Calibre useful outside personal usage...

What streaming software do you use?

shadowplay.