HDD or SSD?

Gaming-for-life

I wanted to upgrade my PS3 Slim's HDD 320GB to 500GB it is currently almost full and the texture streaming is really slow, I was debating on whether to chose an HDD or a SSD. I usually play games digitally and Games like battlefield 3 & 4, Batman Arkham CIty, Watch dogs, Far cry 3 and etc, have really low texture streaming specialy BF4 multiplayer, for instance after I'm playing for 1-2 min I spawn and running towards the buildings, suddenly I'm stuck, later on after objects pop up I notice that its a fence I'm running into. Therefore I am eager to upgrade my PS3 for advanced warfare, and far cry 4. So plz Help me HDD or SSD if so what brand and kind

hhd, the software that runs the consoles don't really take good advantage of the speed of a ssd. It's basically like trying to brute force through software not designed for the hardware. You will certainly see an improvement but it's not going to be massive.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

You will see faster loading speed  but you will have less space and if you were going to get a 500gb ssd you being spending more then the console is worth. 

The Asus UX305 has an Almighty Intel core M-5Y10 0.8GHZ, GPU Intel HD 5300 Windforce, SDD 120GB, Passively Cooled, 1920x1080 Matte Screen, An Fantastic ICEpower Audio Making my House Shake and Having more ports then a MacBook btw this not an advertisement.

dont get a ssd for consoles they arent optimized for them in some cases the hdd will load faster than the ssd on the ps4 idk about the ps3 if you want get a hybrid drive but in general i would just get http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822236561 something like that

is this a HDD or a HHD? Does the Cache affect the ps3? if it does why not get a

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007637%2050001306%2050001305%20600030599&IsNodeId=1&Description=2%205%20sata%20hard%20drive%207200%20rpm&Order=BESTMATCH

since its 16mb cache SATA 3GB/s, would this be good too?

I would just get a ps4 because a 500gb ssd is going to be about the same price as a ps4

Why would you spend all that money upgrading your storage on a ps3? first of all ps3 has sata 2 so most of the performance of the ssd is gone right there also why bother on a console that will no longer be supported in about a year or two? 

Heres a vid and it shows that there is little improvement in most cases and its in a ps4 aswell so...

I guess if you really wanted to upgrade then you could go for a 7200rpm hdd but then again the extra heat from a 7200 drive wont be too helpful for the ps3's gpu and cpu so I guess get an ssd if you dont mind wasting so much money instead of waiting 2,5 or 10 seconds longer :P

What you could do instead of buying an ssd for a ps3 is get a ps4 and enjoy the upgraded graphics in most games and support for many more years. 

thats the same thing i linked its just 250gbs less and a seagate vs a western digital

I looked at both. They're the same capacity.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch